PokéBeach's January TCG Cup, Sponsored by TCGPlayer.com!

jbcheshire

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
When will the 4th round matches get posted? Is there a delay due to the maintenance yesterday on the game application?

Strange

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I conceded the win to my round 3 oponent.
Some wild unexpected problems appeared at worm.
Seems only fair to give my oponent the win.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The following players have received an activity warning for failure to notify me of the status of their round 3 match within the deadline:

@KingZale
@Demitrius
@Strange

If you get two activity warnings in the same tournament, you will be dropped without exception.

I conceded the win to my round 3 oponent.
Some wild unexpected problems appeared at worm.
Seems only fair to give my oponent the win.

The round is over, so posting this information well after the deadline does you no good. If you concede and notice they haven't reported the win, it's your responsibility to do so. If I don't hear anything, I just think y'all're slacking off or something. You'll both get ties for that round.

When will the 4th round matches get posted? Is there a delay due to the maintenance yesterday on the game application?

Pairings for round 4 have been posted. I wasn't home immediately when the round ended last night, that's all. There was no delay.

A NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS

It's come to my attention that some of you are unfamiliar with how these tournaments work. It's detailed in the OP, but I'll go over the more pertinent information again:

1. This is a Swiss tournament. What that means is you will play in every round, win or lose, against players with a similar record. Just because you lose one round doesn't mean you shouldn't keep trying - you will still cut if you go 5-1, and cutting means prizes! \o/

2. Just like in a real tournament, a coin flip should only be used to determine who goes first in the very first game of the match. In a best of three format, the loser of the first game determines who goes first. Between games, send your a message (doing this on PTCGO is allowed) and tell them if you want to go first or second. Then, when the game starts, ignore the coin flip. You'll still have to actually flip it, as PTCGO does not support best of three, but you just ignore the result if it doesn't come up how you want it to. So if your opponent chooses to go second and you win the flip, you should decide not to go first. If they win the flip, they can just choose to go first like normal. So even though the coin flip is still happening, the loser of the previous game decides who goes first in the next game. Is this clear to everyone?

Round 4 ends Wednesday, January 25, at 11:59 PM EST, or when all matches are complete (yeah right).

If you want to drop out, or if you have any questions about what I've said in this post, you can either post or message me privately. Good luck to those attending SM prereleases this weekend (I'll be attending my first ever PR tomorrow)!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I messed up the pairings. Whoopsie daisy. Fixing...

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
You know what? I'm not gonna bother messing with it. There's a chance Challonge will ruin everything and I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

If any of you guys know of any free tournament software that we can use that's better than Challonge, please notify me, Machamp the Champion, or Camoclone.

Have it it, y'all.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I took care of it, it's all good.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pairings are fine. Schedule your matches as normal.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
This is as good a time as any to remind everyone that if you ever have an issue with another player, the first thing you should do is report it to the tournament organizer. Do not post about it openly.

As a general rule, if you're not posting a match result or asking a question about how the tournament works in general, you shouldn't be posting in this thread.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Yo PMJ, I'm having trouble logging into PTCGO because of the refresher that needs to be patched but just stops. I've asked around and even posted to Virbank and it looks like it's a Mac issue. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue or what I should do - thanks man