Discussion The Battle Tree- What Do You Want to See?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So the most recent news update announced a facility called the Battle Tree, where you can battle against past Champions and other notable trainers in the series and then Multi Battle with them. So far the following characters are confirmed to show up:

• Red
  • Blue
  • Cynthia
  • Wally
Are you excited for the Battle Tree? Which characters do you want to see show up?

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
If Blue and Cynthia are anything; we should see the other League Champions (Lance, Steven, Wallace, Alder, Iris, Diantha).

I personally would like to see some of the evil team leaders be able to be battled/teamed up with (Giovanni, Maxie, Archie).

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I personally would like to see some of the evil team leaders be able to be battled/teamed up with (Giovanni, Maxie, Archie).

Evil team leaders would be interesting, but some of them wouldn't be very feasible candidates to show up. Cyrus and Lysandre suffered unknown fates at the end of their respective games (Cyrus was trapped in the Distortion World at the end of Platinum and Lysandre was caught in the collapse of Team Flare HQ as far as we knwo), and Ghetsis went insane at the end of BW2 so he's probably not mentally fit for battle. I could see Giovanni, Maxie, Archie, and N showing up though, they're all alive and well and they're pretty popular characters too. I'd especially love to see Giovanni and N show up.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Considering we know that two rivals (Blue + Wally) will be there, maybe there could be hope the others could be there?
So that would include Silver, Barry and Hugh, but then we have Dawn/Lucas, Lyra/Ethan, Cheren/Bianca and Serena/Calem... would there be only one of each from those games? Or would we just not see them at all? What would Lyra/Ethan's team even be?

Even though we haven't seen them for ages, it'd be quite nice to see the stat trainers from D/P/Pt return (or failing that, new trainers that fill a similar role).

Maybe Benga from White Forest/Black City could show up again?

StriatonIsMagic

I'll Never Forget This Day
Considering we know that two rivals (Blue + Wally) will be there, maybe there could be hope the others could be there?
So that would include Silver, Barry and Hugh, but then we have Dawn/Lucas, Lyra/Ethan, Cheren/Bianca and Serena/Calem... would there be only one of each from those games? Or would we just not see them at all? What would Lyra/Ethan's team even be?

Even though we haven't seen them for ages, it'd be quite nice to see the stat trainers from D/P/Pt return (or failing that, new trainers that fill a similar role).

Maybe Benga from White Forest/Black City could show up again?
I would love Cheren to return. Maybe Gym Leaders from all regions (not just Genwun Master Race)?

Frontier Brain David

Aspiring Trainer
I honestly would like to see Brandon and May.
And there's hope that instead of Red and Blue together, it would be awesome to have Red and Yellow together. Ship them forever!
Oh and Lysandre with Xerosic.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Evil team leaders would be interesting, but some of them wouldn't be very feasible candidates to show up. Cyrus and Lysandre suffered unknown fates at the end of their respective games (Cyrus was trapped in the Distortion World at the end of Platinum and Lysandre was caught in the collapse of Team Flare HQ as far as we knwo), and Ghetsis went insane at the end of BW2 so he's probably not mentally fit for battle. I could see Giovanni, Maxie, Archie, and N showing up though, they're all alive and well and they're pretty popular characters too. I'd especially love to see Giovanni and N show up.

Cyrus, Lysandre and Ghetsis wouldn't show, but the Shadow Triad would make a nice substitute and featuring triple battles, either Mars or Jupiter could substitute Cyrus (Saturn is in Galactic stil and Mars went looking for Cyrus so Jupiter is the best choice) and all of Flare female adms. for Lysandre.

Since Green and Red are grown up, not recognizing the events of past games and putting those guys would be lame.

PS: I want a Magikarp salesman at the entrance of the Battle Tree! :D

PPS: I would love to see all these suggested folk have an actual redesign in artwork and sprites but judging by Cynthia, GF is just too lazy and thinks that fur and black are confy in Alola.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Cyrus, Lysandre and Ghetsis wouldn't show, but the Shadow Triad would make a nice substitute and featuring triple battles, either Mars or Jupiter could substitute Cyrus (Saturn is in Galactic stil and Mars went looking for Cyrus so Jupiter is the best choice) and all of Flare female adms. for Lysandre.

Eh, they'd probably go for popular characters first and foremost, so I don't see a lot of the admins making the cut. I could maybe see Malva showing up, but aside from her, I don't think any of the admins are really that prominent.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
Yes, please. I absolutely adore Silver.

Also, I'd love it if Leaf joined our boys Red and Blue. (Or Blue joining our boys Red and Green, if you're more familiar with the Japanese names). I'd love to see her older, too. She gets forgotten all the time, I find.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Eh, they'd probably go for popular characters first and foremost, so I don't see a lot of the admins making the cut. I could maybe see Malva showing up, but aside from her, I don't think any of the admins are really that prominent.

Indeed, they are not proeminent, but I think they deserve more spotlight, namely because they exist and may give diversity, if not as adversaries, then as tag partners.

-----"-----

One thing that I remebered and want to see in the Tree are the Kalos leaders and E4 with decent teams.

TheRealBro..

I like the idea of te battle tree very much. It's always good to have a link to past generations, especially when it includes Gary/Blue. Having an actual rival (not a buddy/rival) is the main reason the Original games Red/Blue are still among the best in my opinion.

I guess most of the prominent trainers from past gens would have a good chance of appearing there (Stephen and Lance definitely), but I don't think bad guys (like Giovanni) will be there. N would be possible though..

I'm also really curious about the new league system (there is none yet, but it is being constructed). Don't know what to make of that. Would be awesome if you can be a part of it somehow, although I don't know how that would work.. Always wanted a game where you can design your own gym/be part of the league.