• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard A Bee, Some Keys and Sometimes Unown

Cangus

I run Windows on an Apple Computer. :3
So, 2017 is upon us. Nay, it's already here. So, with most trainers desperately trying to figure out how Vespiquen will survive without such tools as the Battle Compressor and Muscle Band, I've experimented a bit m'self in the TCGO. And one combination of cards sure seemed to click together, or at least for me. The base combination for this deck already existed before I created it, but this is my take on it.

Pokémon: 19
2 Zoura (BRT)
2 Zoroark (BRT)
2 Zoroark BREAK (BRT)
4 Combee (AOR)
4 Vespiquen (AOR)
4 Unown (AOR)
4 Klefki (STEAM SEIGE)
1 Jolteon-EX (GEN)

Trainers: 22
2 Super Rod
3 Forest of Giant Plants
4 Professor Sycamore
3 VS Seeker
1 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Buddy Buddy Rescue
2 Special Charge
4 Ultra Ball
4 Level Ball
3 Giovanni's Scheme

Energy: 18
4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Rainbow Energy

Strategy:
Aside from the basic healing/support cards, this deck definitely needs a bit of explaining. Klefki (for all who don't know), has an ability that allows it to act as a tool on a Pokémon. Whilst attached to said Pokémon, Klefki prevents all effects of attacks done to that Pokémon by Mega Evolutions. However, this only lasts until the end of your opponent's turn, at which point Klefki is discarded. Enter Vespiquen. Even if you're new to the game, you probably know by now the horrors that came with the Night March Deck. And Vespiquen was indeed a liable asset to the deck. Vespiquen's hard hitting attack, Bee Revenge, does 20 damage with a +10 for every Pokemon in the discard pile. That's impressive, and that's actually what makes this deck work. With Unown and Klefki in the discard pile, Vespiquen is doing 80 damage at max (plus +20 with that Giovanni's Scheme). While that may not sound impressive enough for you, I threw in Jolteon-EX to take down those pesky basic EX Pokémon before they can get up to speed. You'd probably want to start with Jolteon-EX, but if you start with Klefki, you aren't going to have a good time.

What I'm worried about is that the deck is too clunky. I am really looking for some feedback on this deck. And even though I've got at a 8-3 record with it, I'd like to see if there's anything I can improve on.

Last edited:
Seems like an interesting idea.

Why pokemon center lady? She doesn't really help anything. Especially 4 of. I would suggest dropping all 4. Not like the bees can take a hit anyway.
4 Rainbow Energy is not needed either. What attack do you even want to use that lightning energy doesn't provide?
Giovanni's scheme is not super needed either. Yes it adds 20 damage for that turn. But it also could easily be more pokemon instead.
Special charge could drop to 2 as well. You don't need that much energy in 1 game. Plus early on it clogs ur hand.
Fighting fury belt is also a waste. As it only helps 1 pokemon. Jolteon.

Things this deck needs more of.
2 more unown. More draw and more power.
2 sycamore. More draw and more discard. To increase damage.
More pokemon that use dce to attack. Atm zoroark is good. Raichu can help against mega Ray. Flareon and vaporeon help against volcanion and scizor. Yanmega helps with keep energy cost down and works with forest.
Trainers mail or acrobike will increase the speed of ur deck as well.

The forest of giant plants can also be changed out for the stadium that damages mega pokemon between turns. Or even silent lab to stop hoopa and shaymin.

Super Rod could be traded for buddy buddy rescue. If that is still legal. It let's you target pokemon you need straight to the hand. You could also use revitalizer if you go Yan mega. If buddy buddy rescue. Try pokepuff. It can force ur opponents to drop pokemon for more damage with zoroark. Or force shaymin and hoopa drops for no effect.

Last edited:
Seems like an interesting idea.
Why thank you!
Rainbow Energy is not needed either. What attack do you even want to use that lightning energy doesn't provide?
Rainbow energy was indeed a bad idea, especially for putting it on a 90HP Pokémon, but now that I'm running a Zoroark BREAK, it's kinda necessary since I don't plan on running Dark Energy.
Things this deck needs more of.
2 more unown. More draw and more power.
2 sycamore. More draw and more discard. To increase damage.
More pokemon that use dce to attack. Atm zoroark is good.
The forest of giant plants can also be changed out for the stadium that damages mega pokemon between turns. Or even silent lab to stop hoopa and shaymin
What I don't like about running Silent Lab is that you're kind of forsaking your Unown's ability whilst shutting down Shaymin, Hoopa, etc. That is a semi-important ability, but I can see what you are coming from. I am now running Zoroark BREAK as prieviously discussed to combat Mega Ray now that it is SIGNIFIGANTLY slower without Fairy Transfer or Metal Links. Unown and Sycamore have been added, but I do need forest of Giant Plants to get Vespiquen out there first turn.

Thanks so much for your feedback! ;)

@Cangus You referenced above that you are now running Zoroark BREAK (I'm a HUGE fan of this Pokémon) in this deck. If so, please update your original post with your current list. I can then provide better feedback afterwards.

@Cangus You referenced above that you are now running Zoroark BREAK (I'm a HUGE fan of this Pokémon) in this deck. If so, please update your original post with your current list. I can then provide better feedback afterwards.
Sure. :)

I still think the pokemon center lady is a huge contributor to clunk of your deck.

You say that the healing cards need no explainantion. But they do. Bees don't have enough hp to really make use of healing cards.
Can you explain when and how they are useful? Why you need it so consistently that you need 4 of them.

I still think the pokemon center lady is a huge contributor to clunk of your deck.
Whoops. Guess my eagerness to finish editing quickly made me forget something. No more Center Lady. I actually did take her out.

Back