Mega Garchomp-EX and Mega Salamence-EX Premium Collections in November!

Mega Garchomp doesn't look that bad...it dies hard to Mewtwo and Gardevoir but with Clawitzer you can power him up pretty quickly, and it wouldn't be too tricky to stream attackers with Puzzle of Time and Special Charge. 180 isn't the absolute best damage but it's pretty decent.

Does the flavour text mean that Garchomp does 10 damage to itself for each damage counter currently on itself?
Want confuses me about the - oh what it deals damage to itself? Wow that's really not good unless you keep healing it. I guess you could use Max Potion then recover the Double Dragons with those two trainers. I think it's translation is right too most effects that would deal more damage to the opponent's pokemon has a plus sign next to the damage numbers like so: (180+). -and here I thought it might actually have been quite good. Guess Salamence is the better of the two now it has Turbo Blaze Reshiram from Roaring Skies.

Well guess it makes getting the Beedrill Mega line now I don't see why they decided it had to deal damage to itself. Would have been neat to have it deal the damage to both itself and the defending Pokemon if they wanted a double-edged sword effect.

Want confuses me about the - oh what it deals damage to itself? Wow that's really not good unless you keep healing it. I guess you could use Max Potion then recover the Double Dragons with those two trainers. I think it's translation is right too most effects that would deal more damage to the opponent's pokemon has a plus sign next to the damage numbers like so: (180+). -and here I thought it might actually have been quite good. Guess Salamence is the better of the two now it has Turbo Blaze Reshiram from Roaring Skies.

Well guess it makes getting the Beedrill Mega line now I don't see why they decided it had to deal damage to itself. Would have been neat to have it deal the damage to both itself and the defending Pokemon if they wanted a double-edged sword effect.

Yup, the attacks are bad. The game just had to add a few more promo Pokémon-EX.
They could've copied the Dragons Exalted (regular) Garchomp's attacks.
Again, nothing is weak to dragon type anymore, these new promo dragons should've been somewhat stronger.

YAS omg!!! For so long i have waited for a Salamence EX and a M Salamance EX card, but being a black star promo is kinda a bummer. Cause they won't have the full arts as promos, but overall I'm not disappointed Salamence EX has a lot of potential with it's first attack, and Mega Salamence has some good potential with a total of 240 attack (if discarding 3 fire energies) overall not a bad card I could build a nice Dragon Type deck around Salamence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the M Salamence everyone wanted. It could have some potential. Same with the salamce EX first attack.

I see potential in that salamance ex, the first attack can be used as a secondary attack. A lot of decks play a lot of exs... what if opponent has 8 benched ex and 1 active lol? 460 DAMAGE !!

I see potential in that salamance ex, the first attack can be used as a secondary attack. A lot of decks play a lot of exs... what if opponent has 8 benched ex and 1 active lol? 460 DAMAGE !!

Salamence EX/Zoroark/Captivating Pokepuff could be a thing

How does one play Mega Rayquaza/Raichu/Salamence-EX? The boxes look very nice, plus the mats look very nice. The coins are the best part of the box.

Quite like that Salamence, like people have said it definitely has potential. Particularly against M Ray decks? The ones I see run 3-3 Ray (sometimes 4-3 or 4-4), 4 Shaymin, 1 or 2 Hoopa... there's usually some non-EX in there as well (either tech or attack), but still.

I realized...this is one of the 50 dollar Premium Collections. Well, somebody's gonna be buying some promos online.

If we can figure out a way to get Arcanine BREAK out quickly, M-Salamance-EX is actually pretty promising.

EDIT: I mean, Volcanion helps too.

I really REALLY like that Salamence. I'm not sure if it can be successful on its own as a deck archetype, mostly because the mega isn't as good as the basic. But it could be with the right partner. I'm really keen to try it out and find a way to make it work, at least as a supplemental attacker if not as its own concrete deck. Such a cool attack.

Theory Time:

Last year the Swampert and Blaxiken boxes got released early last year and those had Break Through packs in them coming out earlier then usual. Not that it does them much good with what those French cards that were in a rummage sale.

Back