• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Speed volcanion

Aristotle Maragas

Aspiring Trainer
pokemon 12
4 volcanion
4 volcanion ex
2 shaymin ex

Trainers, supporters, stadiums
3 fighting fury belt
3 acro bike
4 energy retrieval
2 escape rope
1 switch
3 trainers mail
4 ultra ball
4 vs seeker
2 lysandre
3 n
1 pokemon ranger
4 professor sycamore
3 sky field

13 fire

just a list I have been working with and topped a few league tournaments and won 2nd at a lc with it

pokemon 12
4 volcanion
4 volcanion ex
2 shaymin ex

Trainers, supporters, stadiums
3 fighting fury belt
3 acro bike
4 energy retrieval
2 escape rope
1 switch
3 trainers mail
4 ultra ball
4 vs seeker
2 lysandre
3 n
1 pokemon ranger
4 professor sycamore
3 sky field

13 fire

just a list I have been working with and topped a few league tournaments and won 2nd at a lc with it
You may want to double-check your list again; I count 10 Pokémon listed, not 12. Secondly, you have a total of 37 Trainers and 13 Fire energy listed. So, you have 62 cards listed.

You may want to double-check your list again; I count 10 Pokémon listed, not 12. Secondly, you have a total of 37 Trainers and 13 Fire energy listed. So, you have 62 cards listed.

I don't think he missed listing any pokemon, I think he just made a typo. So the total does come to 60.

What is the strategy of this deck? I'm interested...
The strategy is to start with a Volcanion and have 4 Vocanion-EX on the bench, which, if you have 4 Fire energy in your hand each turn, you're doing 140 with 1 Energy on Volcanion each turn AND you get to attach 2 Fire Energy from the Discard pile to your Benched Pokemon. And if you need to do more damage, you attach 2 more energy and with a few Steam Ups (Volcanion-EX's ability) you're knocking out most EXs in one shot.

Wow, I really like the stream-lined simplicity of this list. Can I ask, why no Float Stones? Also, what was your thought process behind the exclusion of Hoopa EX and Flareon EX? Just curious. :)

@Aristotle Maragas

Have you taken under consideration the disadvantages of just running Sky Field Stadium? If so, your thoughts? For example, Rough Seas could be used for healing any wounded Volcanion EX and Parallel City can also be used to remove the "easy" 1HKO Shaymin EX targets (and any other possibly wounded Pokémon) from your field.

The strategy is to start with a Volcanion and have 4 Vocanion-EX on the bench, which, if you have 4 Fire energy in your hand each turn, you're doing 140 with 1 Energy on Volcanion each turn AND you get to attach 2 Fire Energy from the Discard pile to your Benched Pokemon. And if you need to do more damage, you attach 2 more energy and with a few Steam Ups (Volcanion-EX's ability) you're knocking out most EXs in one shot.

nice, now I understand!!! thx

I prefer sky field in my testing rough seas helps my opponents too much. I will consider teching in the parallel city but this is the list I've been winning with :)

Josie001 I have tried both lists with and without flareon and hoopa and i feel that the streamlined list im running is more consistent and runs more smoothly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can u post the deck list?
I prefer sky field in my testing rough seas helps my opponents too much. I will consider teching in the parallel city but this is the list I've been winning with :)

Josie001 I have tried both lists with and without flareon and hoopa and i feel that the streamlined list im running is more consistent and runs more smoothly.

-1 shaymin
+1 hoopa
(this will guarantee double your speed)

-3 skyfield
+2 scorched earth
+1 Parallel city
(I run speed volcanion and prefer no skyfield because scorched earth helps with drawpower and parallel city allows me to toss the extra junk like hoopa and shaymin.)
This will also give a big adv against snipe decks like greninja who target your shaymins. Also zoroark will never be an enemy of yours.
With my list I have attended two LC and won both going undefeated.

@LiftoffLizard Congrats on your LC victories.

-1 shaymin
Also zoroark will never be an enemy of yours.
Zoroark BREAK can terrorize a Volcanion EX without a response KO; so, the prize trade can be 2-1. So, I would not discount either Zoroark or it BREAK.

With my list I have attended two LC and won both going undefeated.
What decks did you face? M Mewtwo-Garbordor, Yveltal-Garbodor and Water Box decks are a near auto-loss for Volcanion EX decks. Did you play against players running any of those decks? In these cases, "speed" can not consistently overcome those decks.

@LiftoffLizard Congrats on your LC victories.

Zoroark BREAK can terrorize a Volcanion EX without a response KO; so, the prize trade can be 2-1. So, I would not discount either Zoroark or it BREAK.

What decks did you face? M Mewtwo-Garbordor, Yveltal-Garbodor and Water Box decks are a near auto-loss for Volcanion EX decks. Did you play against players running any of those decks? In these cases, "speed" can not consistently overcome those decks.
I faced Dark Box, Greninja, Dark with Garbodor, Darkrai Giratina, Rainbow road, Primal Kyogre, Vilebox, and Gardevoir

Back