Pokemon If it had a Signature Move or Ability

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
If you got to choose for a pokemon or it's entire line to have its own signature move or ability, what pokemon and what would the move or ability be? Here's an example (which also happens to be my answer) to help you guys get a better picture of what I mean.

I'd choose for Lillipup's line to have an ability called Underdog. It would boost all stats depending on how much higher leveled the opponent is to Lillipup or its evolutions. Here's an example.
Lv 10 Lillipup vs Lv 15 Oshawott makes no stat boost.
Lv 10 Lillipup vs Lv 20 Dewott makes the stats boost by 1
Lv 25 Herdier vs Lv 50 Samurott makes the stats boost by 3
Lv 20 Herdier vs Lv 80 Samurott makes the stats boost by 5

Something like that. (Next thing you know, a bunch of Eviolite lowest possible level Herdier and Lillipups)

I always wanted a move for Celebi that works like Fly or Dive, but with time travel. When it would reappear, it sends the opponent's active Pokémon back to the bench, puts the new Pokémon asleep (100%) and swaps out with another Pokémon on your bench.

I've always thought that mega gallade's ability was incredibly boring. so many megas got awesome unique/new abilities and gallade gets inner focus. Decent ability, but not really a "mega" ability. I thought of a signature ability called 'Swordman's Might' where sword/cutting moves do somewhere between 1.3% to 1.5% more damage. Akin to iron fist.
Affected moves include:
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Slash
Leaf Blade
Fury Cutter
False Swipe
Cut
Dual Chop
Retaliate
And maybe X-scissor and cross poison (there's probably more, but i can't remember at the moment)
Bisharp and Samurott are also potential users.

Last edited:
Nice ideas, guys! I'm glad you guys shared your ideas! I also thought of a few just today.

First one is called Chilly Breeze and makes all water-type moves used become Ice. I can't remember if it's for Avalugg or Beartic though...
Next we have Dragon Scales which makes it so no status condition can be applied unless it's from an attack (such as Scald or Poison Jab) for Mega Ampharos. I don't think Mold Breaker was all that good for it.
Then we have Determination for Tauros. When the HP hits red, the defenses fall harshly to sharply raise the Attack and Speed. It wears off if the HP goes back into the yellow or above.
Finally, Munna and Musharna could have an ability called Not Afraid where Ghost, Bug, and Dark-type moves now do 1/4 less damage than normal or 1/3 less than normal.

I was about to give my signature Pokemon a signature move but then remembered it had one already and I got sad. So...

"Violent Burst" - Hydreigon's Signature Move
Dark Type, Special, 150 Power, 5 PP, 95% Accuracy, Hits Whole Field in Double/Triple Format
Does half damage if Hydreigon is at full HP. Hydreigon's three heads go into a violent outburst and start destroying everything around them.

Add in a Life Orb and just watch the wanton destruction.

I was just thinking about a potential Z-Move for Dunsparce a few days ago.

Ascension Drill: Dunsparce sprouts a large, majestic pair of spiritual wings and takes to the sky. Its drill rotates rapidly, forming a huge cyclone-like "air drill", and descends on the opponent to inflict massive damage. (Not sure about the power, effect, etc.)

An Ability for all butterfly and moth Pokémon also came to mind.

Iridescent Scales: This Ability would allow the Pokémon to always get STAB (a same Type attack bonus) by giving it the Type of its current attack (in addition to its other Types). These Types do not stack and will only change once the Pokémon with Iridescent Scales uses a different Type of attack. (This could add resistances or immunities, but it could also add weaknesses.) I tried to type out a scenario below as an example...

Turn 1:
You: *Selects Butterfree's Shadow Ball attack*
Ability: Butterfree gained Ghost-Type! (Butterfree is now Bug/Flying/Ghost)
Butterfree: *Uses Shadow Ball* (gets STAB since Butterfree is part-Ghost now)
Opponent: *Uses Body Slam*
Butterfree: The attack didn't affect Butterfree. (Since Butterfree is still part-Ghost)

Turn 2:
You: *Selects Butterfree's Venoshock attack*
Ability: Butterfree gained Poison-Type! (Butterfree is now Bug/Flying/Poison)
Butterfree: *Uses Venoshock* (gets STAB since Butterfree is part-Poison now)
Opponent: *Uses Psychic*
Butterfree: It was Super-effective! (Since Butterfree is part-Poison)

Turn 3:
You: *Selects Butterfree's Bug Buzz attack*
Ability: Butterfree's Type returned to normal. (Butterfree is now back to Bug/Flying)
Butterfree: *Uses Bug Buzz* (gets STAB since Butterfree is part-Bug)
Opponent: *Uses Psychic*
Butterfree: *Takes normal damage*

Last edited:
I thought of a new signature ability for Banette. It's called Brink ("On The Brink of Death" in Japanese) and activated only when Banette hits 1 HP. It will boost all stats by 2 and only works while its HP is in the red. It's actually inspired by a fakemon of mine, but whatever.

Blastoise needs shell smash

Torkoal can learn it, Tirtouga can learn it, they are both turtles.

Why can't blastoise learn it.

Finally be competitive.

Here are a few:

Final Boom - Voltorb/Electrode
If this Pokemon gets knocked out in one hit, it will use its last bit of power to explode at the foe.
(It would automatically take away 25% of the foe's HP (ignoring any stat changes).)

Stare Down - I don't really have a particular one Pokemon that could have this ability due to how non-specific-to-a-certain-theme it is. There could be a case for pretty much anything to get it tbh.
When this Pokemon is sent out, it stares at the opponent, making the opponent uncomfortable and lowering its Special Attack one stage.
(basically a special Intimidate)

Dreamer - Munna/Musharna
If this Pokemon is afflicted with the sleep condition, it automatically raises one of its stats.
(only would work on the turn it falls asleep)

Clean Up - Minccino/Cinccino
When this Pokemon is sent in, it automatically removes all entry hazards from its side of the field.

Mind Over Matter - Ralts line
Status conditions have no affect on this Pokemon.
(basically a Magic Guard but only for status condition)

Last edited:
Back