• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Yanmega / Raichu

Mao999

Aspiring Trainer
Hello fellow beachers!
It's a bit of time that i don't come here and just post something!
This time i'm trying a Yanmega sts deck along an electric Type pokémon.
I'm currently testing this deck, and i'm not sure about yanmega companion: should it be Raichu, or Zebstrika?

This is my list for now.

Pokémon: 18
  • 4x Yanma (sts 6/114)
  • 4x Yanmega (sts 7/114)
  • 3x Yanmega Break (Sts 8/114)
  • 2x Pikachu (xy 42/146) or Blitzle (bkp 48/122)
  • 2x Raichu (gen 27/83) or Zebstrika (bkp 49/122)
  • 3x Shaymin EX (ros 77/108)
Trainers: 38
  • 2x Professor Sycamore
  • 2x N
  • 2x Judge
  • 2x Lysandre
  • 1x Pokémon Ranger
  • 1x Giovanni's Scheme
  • 4x Vs Seeker
  • 4x Trainer's Mail
  • 4x Ultra Ball
  • 2x Level ball
  • 2x Revitalizer
  • 1x Super Rod
  • 1x Eco Arm
  • 1x Special Charge
  • 4x Bursting Balloon
  • 1x Float Stone
  • 4x Giant Plant Forest
Energy: 4
  • 4x Double Colorless Energy

The deck

I've decided to adopt Yanmega Break thanks to his amazing Ability, that let me attack for no energy if i have four cards in hand. I wanted to play an electric type along him to strike for weakness and getting easy prizes knocking out the Shaymin-EX's, or the M-Rayquaza EX.
I decided to put three Shaymin EX just to grant me a good speed in setting up the game, and thanks to DCE's i can aero return to set up again.
The Supporter's line is pretty simple, and after some testing i thought right to Giovanni!
Those 20 Damage are helping a lot, since Muscle Bands are not anymore in standard Format.

So it's time for the real question: Raichu or Zebstrika?

1. Raichu is nice because he has free retreat and can do 100 damage if i have 5 pokémon in my bench to knocking out Garbo, but only 90Hp (could be retrieved with level balls)
  2. Zebstrika is good to counter Rayquaza for a sure KO, but against other pokémons he only swings fo 50! He has 100Hp but two of retreat cost
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Elkis2401

Aspiring Trainer
You could take out
1 Eco Arm
1 Giovanni's Scheme
And add
2 Carbink

Carbink would be great as it would help stall against EX's while your setting up your board

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
You could take out
1 Eco Arm
1 Giovanni's Scheme
And add
2 Carbink

Carbink would be great as it would help stall against EX's while your setting up your board
I wouldn't do that as Garbodor is such a threat that Carbink would just be a dead card. Not only that, but Garbodor forces you to use Raichu or attach 2 DCE to Yanmega (not a good idea by any means).

Elkis2401

Aspiring Trainer
I wouldn't do that as Garbodor is such a threat that Carbink would just be a dead card. Not only that, but Garbodor forces you to use Raichu or attach 2 DCE to Yanmega (not a good idea by any means).
But if your opponent is playing garbodar, it's already an auto loss due to losing yanmega's ability

Creez

Aspiring Trainer
well, i guess you gotta kill garbador before he gets his ability off >< i was making this deck too, and never thought of garbador, well no one at my local plays him
so im probably fine

GolurkChamp2597

Long Time Champion
With Yanmega BREAK, I find that the best partner is Zebstrika AND Zoroark. Zebstrika serves as a really good tech for the mirror match, and Zoroark can eliminate Garbodor with an easy lysandre (if they have 3 benched pokemon, which is very likely.)

Mao999

Aspiring Trainer
With Yanmega BREAK, I find that the best partner is Zebstrika AND Zoroark. Zebstrika serves as a really good tech for the mirror match, and Zoroark can eliminate Garbodor with an easy lysandre (if they have 3 benched pokemon, which is very likely.)
i like the zoroark hint! Maybe with a Break?

Mao999

Aspiring Trainer
well, i guess you gotta kill garbador before he gets his ability off >< i was making this deck too, and never thought of garbador, well no one at my local plays him
so im probably fine
A young kid at my league haven't figured it and unfortunately he was wrecked hard! Better consider all the options :)
This is why yanmega needs a strong partner!

Swampberto

Aspiring Trainer
If anything I would use Wobbufett to stall. Use an alternate attacker to hit Garbodor. Using 2 DCE is defeating the purpose of playing Yanmega to begin with. I use Vespiquen. It doesn't take much to slice theough Garbodor putting you back in the game

felinefine

see you later space cowboy.
You could take out
1 Eco Arm
1 Giovanni's Scheme
And add
2 Carbink

If anything I would use Wobbufett to stall. Use an alternate attacker to hit Garbodor. Using 2 DCE is defeating the purpose of playing Yanmega to begin with. I use Vespiquen. It doesn't take much to slice theough Garbodor putting you back in the game
Honestly, I personally don't see any need for stalling as the reason the deck is Tier-3ish is because of its speed and set-up. But if you NEED a pokemon to stall I've really liked Cobalion in my decks. I know its an attacker, but you could play something like -2 DCE and +2(or 3) Metal Energy. You would then have a stall for basics, and a Alternate attacker with his Revenge Blast attack.

Raichu vs. Zebstrika? I've always liked the idea of Raichu and Circle Circuit, so I would have to choose Raichu. (You could always run a 3-3 and 1-1 or 2-2 and 2-2 if you wanted)

Just my piece of info;)

Swampberto

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly, I personally don't see any need for stalling as the reason the deck is Tier-3ish is because of its speed and set-up. But if you NEED a pokemon to stall I've really liked Cobalion in my decks. I know its an attacker, but you could play something like -2 DCE and +2(or 3) Metal Energy. You would then have a stall for basics, and a Alternate attacker with his Revenge Blast attack.

Raichu vs. Zebstrika? I've always liked the idea of Raichu and Circle Circuit, so I would have to choose Raichu. (You could always run a 3-3 and 1-1 or 2-2 and 2-2 if you wanted)

Just my piece of info;)

Thats a good idea. I say if you run Cobalion, then you might need to fit Professors Letter to dig for metal energies?