Fall 2016 'Battle Heart' Tins!

I'm kinda underwhelmed by these tin promos, but I'm glad that at the very least it's going to keep Volcanion's price down. Not that I'm expecting it to be a real top tier deck anytime soon (at least until Blacksmith gets a reprint or something to that effect), but hey it's nice to have.

Reshriram/Volcanion EX sounds like a wicked deck in expanded. Lack of Blacksmith will hurt it in standard but is there some power in expanded.

I'll be getting a few of those Tins it's too good of a card to pass up even with a few I already have. Maybe Pikachu if I ever consider Electric but I only need one or two Magearna so I'm passing on that one.

Pikachu-EX + Magnezone is coming back! Come on guys, it's gonna be a thing!!!

...I mean, with 3 prints of the card, we'll need to come up with *some* use for it.

I pre-ordered a couple of XY evolution booster boxes a few weeks back and I promised myself not to buy any tcg packs or tins in the time being, but I failed miserably. I went around the city today looking for ancient origin boosters, but every store I went to was sold out. I thought my luck ran out until I gave my LCS a visit, the owner of the store knew me since I was a kid and she was so happy to see me again after 4+ years. Correct me if I wrong, but I thought these Fall 2016 "Battle Heart" Tins were not suppose to be released until Oct. 12, 2016. She said I was just in time because she received a couple of new Pokemon tcg merchandises today. I bought 2 of the 3 tins she showed me (there was a Volcanian-ex tin). I never seen these tins before, so I was kind of surprised. I am pretty sure they're not fake.
1.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited:
What tin are you hyped for? Pikachu, Magerna, or Volcanion?
(I'm Hyped for Pikachu)
Volcanion. Definitely Volcanion. Mainly because it's Volcanion, and promo prices are generally cheaper than cards from sets. (Volcanion EXs are going for $10 right now.)
yeah me too. also maybe magearna, but I recently traded a florges break for a magearna, and I certainly dont want pikachu. EX as well. how does that even work? might as well make mime jr EX. at least a baby evolution would be better. like Pichu. Actually, Pichu EX would be amazing.
I pre-ordered a couple of XY evolution booster boxes a few weeks back and I promised myself not to buy any tcg packs or tins in the time being, but I failed miserably. I went around the city today looking for ancient origin boosters, but every store I went to was sold out. I thought my luck ran out until I gave my LCS a visit, the owner of the store knew me since I was a kid and she was so happy to see me again after 4+ years. Correct me if I wrong, but I thought these Fall 2016 "Battle Heart" Tins were not suppose to be released until Oct. 12, 2016. She said I was just in time because she received a couple of new Pokemon tcg merchandises today. I bought 2 of the 3 tins she showed me (there was a Volcanian-ex tin). I never seen these tins before, so I was kind of surprised. I am pretty sure they're not fake.
View attachment 11847 View attachment 11853 View attachment 11852
those dont look fake to me, but dont ask me, I have only had experience with blatantly obvious fakes. like a dieno with 90000 hp and an attack that did 40000. maybe they're just out really early.

Very happy about the Volcanion-EX and Magearna-EX reprints.

I think the art on this Volcanion-EX is better than the regular Steam Siege one!

Volcanion looks like they're trying to give a bath to a kid who won't behave, and they've just gotten to the point where they're like "Nope. I've had enough You will be clean. Even if I have to blast you with scalding hot water."

So Magearna-EX it's the first and only 7th gen Pokémon to be printed with the BW/XY blank. This was my first thought lol

rainbow energy provides all types while attached so yes it works with mystic heart.

that Pikachu ex isn't very good compared to the other Pikachu ex. if the first attack only cost L or if the second was LCC like the other Pikachu ex it might be good but as it stands the other one got the good attacks.

Volcanion looks like they're trying to give a bath to a kid who won't behave, and they've just gotten to the point where they're like "Nope. I've had enough You will be clean. Even if I have to blast you with scalding hot water."

You have an interesting imagination :)

Then Magearna is watching, going "the heck are you doing??"
d839b6bd3a.jpg

Last edited:
Back