News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Hah, I was right when I said the other one wouldn't be based off Charizard.

Well the special holo Pikachu is certainly nice but I have to say as a whole the theme decks are shaking up to add disappointment to an already kind of disappointing set. I almost dread finding out what the pre release cards are going to be.

It's actually kind of sad that the card I look forward to most from this is the promo release of Black Kyurem in the 3 pack blister, with the new Mega's and BREAKS behind it.

prophecy250

Aspiring Trainer
@Bulbakool ive accepted that the pokemon company just hates bulbasaur and family. just look at the first episode of pokemon generations. it was basically " i caught a pikachu! screw the bulbasaur i accidentally choose at prof oak's lab"

i would have loved getting a venusaur etb

WastedSkyPirate

RIP Venusaur.

Why+can+t+you+fuckers+enjoy+the+content+without+mention+BF3+_d25228240bcfa4ce48fd3ab6bec3514c.png

BreakfastScrub

Aspiring Trainer
Looks like Charizard can be played with a mix of DCE and Burning Energy. Sucks that you essentially have to discard 2 DCE after every attack though.

InuMimi

Psychic Pokemon Master
What does it mean by "Our English set will contain all of the unreleased cards from that set"? Are you saying the English release will have cards like the Squirtle line? Since that and several others are not being made in the Japanese set?

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I'm disappointed that they used Gill Sans instead of Futura for the HP. Just like the original "shadowless" cards, it's ugly. I'm also disappointed that they used Sanvito instead of Gill Sans Italic for the flavour text. I also feel that they should've expanded the flavour text box like they did on the original international cards or at least justified the text. Still beats the BW-SM templates, though.

Still hoping that the Neo templates will get revamped as well.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
There is so much disorder in the design of the cards. Alignment of ability, HP should be in bold, that's only a couple of things. Then there are useless things like the extra yellow line above name and column row.

The cards that don't have 'ability' will look much better.

Also can you expand on what you mean by 'Our English set will contain all of the unreleased cards from that set' please?

Last edited:

RedT

Aspiring Trainer
Dislike the printing choices they have made for most cards in this set. I'll be getting my full art Brock's Guts and Misty's Determination and ignore everything else.

Bulbakool

Aspiring Trainer
I'm actually completely opposite from everyone else. I like this design a lot. It has a classic feel mixed with a new style to keep it fresh. The ability is a bit weird for me too though but I can understand it. They were going for a more simplistic classic look but still make it different from the originals but I think they failed a bit on that one part. Other than that though I like these card templates a lot. So I'm really hoping to collect all of these. I just hope by unreleased you mean that the venusaur and blastoise line is. Wing printed in this English set