News Rockruff Evolution and Ultra Beasts Shown in CoroCoro!

Beauty moves fast as lightning you say... it really is a cockroach. And now I'm crying because of it.

What is interesting, is that these Ultra Beasts all seem to burst in through a space-time vortex,
and if we watched the latest japanese trailer, (
)
at the end, there is a cinematic portion where Solgaleo and Lunala also jump through a space-time vortex.

While that in itself may not be an actual representation of the lore,
and may just be a nice cinematic representation to end the trailer,
if it was intended and is relevant to the game,
it just means that either Solgaleo and Lunala will be treated as Ultra Beasts,
or that Ultra Beasts are Pokemon (just not known early in the game), just not from around here.
(Ultra beasts could also be an interesting classification, like how we refer to the legendary birds or legendary beasts or super-ancient pokemon)

edit:
And it wouldn't be the first time Pokemon leap in from an alternate dimension through some form of space time vortex

think Dialga, Palkia and Giratina in DPPt.
additionally while not entirely a space-time vortex, a nice way to program them in in ORAS was using Hoopa golden rings for other legendaries

Last edited:
Mosquito man and doll skeleton lady.

These are not pokemon, they are human pokemon/animal hybrids.
The ones who are in charge of the null experiment also made themselves/others into these hybrid.

So, seductive enchantress, buff mosquito on steroids, Lillie-lookalike. Oookay. These things look pretty mysterious! I'm still wondering why they aren't just Pokemon...are they like aliens or something? I mean, Deoxys was counted as a Pokemon, and it was an alien too...

Idea! What if they introduced Missingno. as an Ultra Beast? If you catch it or defeat it in battle, it will give you 128 of the 6th item in your bag, provided it isn't a Master Ball or Rare Candy.

They both look like insects. Steroid junkie cockroach and albino anorexic grasshopper. Maybe they come from an alternate universe where mammals were wiped out during the Cretaceous period and...steroid junkie cockroach is God himself. Despite my humbling sarcasm, I actually like these Pokegods Ultra Beasts and can't wait to see them when I get Sun and Moon.

"Its narrow, graceful legs allow it to accelerate with such explosive speed that people claim it can dodge lightning!"

So in other words, the insect princess is faster than light. LIGHT. WHY IS NO ONE ELSE FREAKING OUT ABOUT THIS.

Superhero mosquito is pretty awesome, too. I might actually have second thoughts about my decision to get Moon rather than Sun. All in all, though, I'm pretty hyped to discover even more about these Ultra Beasts! My only complaint is, why do people insist on comparing the UB-02s to existing characters? Just because 01 looks like Lillie doesn't mean every Ultra Beast has to be connected to someone!

"Its narrow, graceful legs allow it to accelerate with such explosive speed that people claim it can dodge lightning!"

So in other words, the insect princess is faster than light. LIGHT. WHY IS NO ONE ELSE FREAKING OUT ABOUT THIS.

Superhero mosquito is pretty awesome, too. I might actually have second thoughts about my decision to get Moon rather than Sun. All in all, though, I'm pretty hyped to discover even more about these Ultra Beasts! My only complaint is, why do people insist on comparing the UB-02s to existing characters? Just because 01 looks like Lillie doesn't mean every Ultra Beast has to be connected to someone!
It's still fun to speculate about what these Ultra Beasts could be. I mean, we know almost nothing about them besides their physical characteristics, so I think it's fine to wonder what connection they have to the game.

P.S. You know, I didn't realize that UB-02 Beauty looked like a cockroach until now! OK, so people that see it will get infatuated with a cockroach lookalike...oh man...

Eh. Whatever. The only thing the video revealed was Expansion in Japan is Absorbation here. And that took 45 seconds why?

Light travels at 671 million Mph while lightning itself travels at 220 million Mph. Not the speed of light yet, but still wicked fast.

P.S. You know, I didn't realize that UB-02 Beauty looked like a cockroach until now! OK, so people that see it will get infatuated with a cockroach lookalike...oh man...

Give me anything with a cute feminine face and body and i'll probably be into it. I don't know why i'm saying this.

Light travels at 671 million Mph while lightning itself travels at 220 million Mph. Not the speed of light yet, but still wicked fast.

Give me anything with a cute feminine face and body and i'll probably be into it. I don't know why i'm saying this.
I don't either. :D

Also, can someone tell me how to only use part of someone's quote in my post without messing it up? I just can't...

Thanks for the correction!

And hey, there ain't no shame in that. I'm much the same way. ;)

I am not bothered with the concept of non-Pokemon creatures to be introduced in the games. However, if you are going to do that, might as well distinguish them from Pokemon. The current forms are not THAT different from how some Pokemon look like. Unfortunately, they made Pokemon a creature that can be really just anything, so it is a very hard thing to accomplish.

Nah. You guys are looking at it all wrong here... The Aether Foundation has the goal of not trying to take pokemon anymore like past 'Teams' have, but make their own. UB is the model-number of these synthetic-pokemon (for us, the players, it's Ultra Beasts. Ya know, so it sounds cool and stuff) and there will more than likely be way more. There will be two different species of pokemon; the regulars and the bots. You have your main chunk of pokemon and how we are used to seeing them and then there's these odd looking pokemon that were pushed aside once or were done by a new team that Gamefreak hired to draw their own pokemon (UB's) and Gamefreak said, hey...let's do something with these lol. Lets put them in our next game and make a 'Team' or Foundation (in this case) create them. Just as our guys did. M. Night Shyamalan twist!

I'm stuck with steroid mosquito. Well, at least there's Day Wolf and Solgaleo. But I hate the way these version exclusives are going.

Update: STEROID MOSQUITO FTW BECAUSE I CAN. (translation: because hopefully Gladion will get more character development in Sun, I dunno)

Last edited:
I'm stuck with steroid mosquito. Well, at least there's Day Wolf and Solgaleo. But I hate the way these version exclusives are going.

Update: STEROID MOSQUITO FTW BECAUSE I CAN. (translation: because hopefully Gladion will get more character development in Sun, I dunno)
your lucky. the way I see it, because I am getting moon, I cant get a day wolf with my OT, and moon will be stuck at night time. as for beauty, I really dont like either of the ultra beasts.

Back