Serena Not Appearing in Sun/Moon Anime Season

StriatonIsMagic

I'll Never Forget This Day
Who's as happy as I am about Serena not being in the Sun and Moon anime? Today is the greatest day in Pokemon history!!!

Me! I dont hate serena, at least not as much as you, but I am certainly happy to see her leave, as she is definitely not one of my top 10, or even top 50 charecters. she is nowhere near as good as some other charecters, like may, or dawn. so, yes, I am glad to see that she will not be sticking around.

I enjoyed Serena and her character arc during the time that I watched the show, but I honestly saw no reason for her to stick around, so this seemed like a foregone conclusion to me. It'll be interesting to see the characterization and perspectives of the new characters.

I have long since became indifferent towards having a new girl every season considering they purposely change the girl up to make new eye candy. PLus with how this new season is starting to sound, I'm not sure what to think about anything.

She could still make guest appearances here and there, like may in the diamond and pearl season. I haven't seen a single XY episode (except one that stars that dude with charizard X), so i have no idea what to think of her. I did watch black and white, though. God i hated Ash's 2 partners in that season.

Serena's character to me was extremely flat and one-dimensional throughout most of the series; being "I love Ash! I love him!"

Adding the Performances to her character did improve it somewhat. But she's still a flat character who's internal motivation is a one-sided romance with Ash.

Wait... Where did you find this???
Well, it hasn't been confirmed yet, but since Mallow was right behind Ash in the poster and Serena wasn't, it's a 99% chance Serena's gone. And while Brock wasn't in the DP poster, at that point, people should've come to expected him in the series, so that says nothing.

Last edited:
It's also common knowledge that every season will have a new girl for new eye candy potential with possibly cameos of the past girls. Though if this is Pokemon's attempt at a school anime, there's going to be more than one girl.

So I found the first trailer for the new series, and it almost seems as if there won't be a new girl to follow him this time.

What do you guys think? (Also, sorry for the poor quality. I tried looking for better ones but I couldn't find any)

Well, Coro Coro confirmed that Serena will be leaving in XYZ 45. Sorry Amourshippers, but Serena was no different from any other girl, and this proves just that.

People were expecting the anime to change it up?

If I sat down for an hour I couldn't come up with a TV show more stagnant than Pokémon lol.

You know there's going to be different side characters per season, Ash is going to lose when it matters, and 10 minutes of nearly every episode is going to be wasted on Team Rocket.

People were expecting the anime to change it up?

If I sat down for an hour I couldn't come up with a TV show more stagnant than Pokémon lol.

You know there's going to be different side characters per season, Ash is going to lose when it matters, and 10 minutes of nearly every episode is going to be wasted on Team Rocket.
Sums it up nicely.

Well, now Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie will return for XYZ 47, but then that's it.

I don't know why Pokemon targets little kids, even-though there is a loyal, even larger group of tweens, teens, and adults which love pokemon and buy alot of expensive merchandise...

Alright, guys. Next week is the week of freedom. The week that Serena will be gone for good! WE WILL BE FREE! FREE AT LAST!
(Yeah, I know she'll be back for the last episode, but it's the last episode, so it kinda doesn't count.)

Last edited:
Come on man. The female lead character leaving after every generation is a commonplace thing. Now, we'll talk when it is official that Ash is leaving.

Ash is like that pro athlete that the coach and GM loves so much that they keep on playing them, but the team never ever wins, and there are better players waiting in the wings, most notably, Ethan, Brendan, Lucas, Hilbert, Nate, and Calem. Ash must have signed a 100 year googolplex dollar contract. No wonder why he is always the main character. They couldn't just buy him out. Why would you buy out someone when you have to pay a googolplex dollars to Ash for the next 80 years, no matter how much he is so good in the regular season, but chokes in the playoffs? I sure ain't paying a pokemon trainer to sit around.

Back