• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Electric Deck (2017 Standard New Rotation)

I've been play testing my deck online and in local leagues. It's been doing really really well except obviously against Zygarde decks. I do still have a little problem with set ups. It's kinda slow against some fast decks like item lock decks. I would like to try out clemont in the deck but not sure what I should switch out. Any suggestions?

I've been play testing my deck online and in local leagues. It's been doing really really well except obviously against Zygarde decks. I do still have a little problem with set ups. It's kinda slow against some fast decks like item lock decks. I would like to try out clemont in the deck but not sure what I should switch out. Any suggestions?
Take out an FFB as you only have 2 Jolteon-EX so it's fine if you only have 2 FFB instead of 3 and take out one Ultra Ball, there you have it, space for two Clemont.

Not really liking Clemont right now. I'm gonna play test Professor's Letter later tonight and see how that goes.

Still, no Clemont?
Celmont is a supporter first of all, second the way you play out Clemont is so redundant on how consistent and fast you want to play the deck. Professor letter and having things like energy Retrival/fishermen are better if discarded which you want to if you're using sycamore in the deck. Having it as a one of is more redundancy because why just have that card where you can swap it out for better cards.

I played this deck in league challenges without Clemont and I did absolutely fine.

I don't really think there is anything else for this specific deck that could really help out. Octillery won't quite do it. Best to just keep trying.
Yeah Emskas is right here. Octillery is really good in this deck but at least a one off of Shaymin-EX is essential. Hope this helps! :)

Yeah Emskas is right here. Octillery is really good in this deck but at least a one off of Shaymin-EX is essential. Hope this helps! :)
I don't think I'll ever get that card unless I miraculously pull that out of a booster lol. $70 is just way too much for a card.

You really shouldn't play Shaymin-EX at all in this deck. It's totally a attrition based deck that only gives up one prize at a time. Giving your opponent an out to two prizes at a time won't be very good.

Octillery is the way to play this deck. Your Raikou should sufficiently be able to roll with EX's and only give up one prize at a time.

You really shouldn't play Shaymin-EX at all in this deck. It's totally a attrition based deck that only gives up one prize at a time. Giving your opponent an out to two prizes at a time won't be very good.

Octillery is the way to play this deck. Your Raikou should sufficiently be able to roll with EX's and only give up one prize at a time.
I know, I won't. I really don't need it at all. I'm doing really really good right now with Octillary.

Celmont is a supporter first of all, second the way you play out Clemont is so redundant on how consistent and fast you want to play the deck. Professor letter and having things like energy Retrival/fishermen are better if discarded which you want to if you're using sycamore in the deck. Having it as a one of is more redundancy because why just have that card where you can swap it out for better cards.

I played this deck in league challenges without Clemont and I did absolutely fine.
Fortunately, you were not Item-locked early game, and no doubt, Clemont does not fit your play style.

Fortunately, you were not Item-locked early game, and no doubt, Clemont does not fit your play style.
I mean it's so situational on how fast you want to play out raikou/pikachu ex. Maybe once magnezone is set up and you have clemont in hand, you can use get 4 lightning energy to attach? Maybe it is my play style. I have N/Sycamore/octillery to help me gather up energy early on in the game. they can also be ultra ball fodder to get your raikou or your octillery's out and just energy retrieval once you get it in hand. You're an old school player so it seems you have a different mindset going into this deck, which is not a bad thing.

I think pikachu ex and magnezone has a very good chance now that 2 major obstacles to evolution by rare candy are gone. Are both toad and trevenant xy no longer in format?
The biggest loss to consistency would be battle compressor to this deck. I would try a 4x rare candy 1x skyla 4x ultra ball + level ball (2 or more)
I think a split of 2 letters energy retrievals and fisherman gives a versatility in fetching energy for rain dance in the new standard.
Having the two different items for use depending on whether you are early or mid to late game and fisherman to use consistently with vs seeker and power up 200 damage KO's while using the items in addition to one shot Mega evolutions is excellent.
Were I to focus more on raikou I might consider including a single carbink with power saver or keeper or whatever. Might be worthwhile with crushing hammer still in format and several copies of level ball floating around in the deck.
Raikou Magnezone Octillery also uswd to benefit greatly from brigette but without battle compressor you would have to run multiple copies. . .
Personally I prefer Shaymin, 1 or 2 copies for immediate recovery or gauranteeing Mags is in play aa soon as possible.
My list is something like

3 pikachu ex
2 raikou
4 ability magnemite
1 magneton
4 magnezone
2 shaymin ex
4 ultra ball
4 rare candy
2 level ball
3 trainer's mail
3 vs seeker
2 letter
2 energy retrieval
2 fisherman
1 lysandre
2 N
3 sycamore
1 AZ
10 electric
1 escape rope

Open spots 4
Probably a rough seas fighting fury belt Jolteon EX maybe a ninja boy.

One of supporters though, like a clemont or Brigitte or ninja boy are so mich harder to use effectively without compressor.
Maybe 3 clemont and 3 energy recycler would rock. . . I dunno. Mid to late game you want to recycle all your energy and then Clemont would be useful again, early game it is undeniably the best option since you can't compress energy and fisherman any longer.
I used ran a version with eggs, battle compressor and superior energy retrieval and a copy of fisherman or two that had unstoppable momentum, but those days are gone sadly.
Raikou just falls short in terms of damage output and streaming it as a an attacker capable of making KO's against big opponents requires finding more than 4 energy in a given turn to power up on capable of making a decent hit, Pikachu EX is kind of a glass cannon, but it's limitless damage threshold is so awesome.
Recycler and then letter or Clemont means having both available, whereas Fisherman and retrieval work so well. . .

Last edited:
I think pikachu ex and magnezone has a very good chance now that 2 major obstacles to evolution by rare candy are gone. Are both toad and trevenant xy no longer in format?
The biggest loss to consistency would be battle compressor to this deck. I would try a 4x rare candy 1x skyla 4x ultra ball + level ball (2 or more)
I think a split of 2 letters energy retrievals and fisherman gives a versatility in fetching energy for rain dance in the new standard.
Having the two different items for use depending on whether you are early or mid to late game and fisherman to use consistently with vs seeker and power up 200 damage KO's while using the items in addition to one shot Mega evolutions is excellent.
Were I to focus more on raikou I might consider including a single carbink with power saver or keeper or whatever. Might be worthwhile with crushing hammer still in format and several copies of level ball floating around in the deck.
Raikou Magnezone Octillery also uswd to benefit greatly from brigette but without battle compressor you would have to run multiple copies. . .
Personally I prefer Shaymin, 1 or 2 copies for immediate recovery or gauranteeing Mags is in play aa soon as possible.
My list is something like
3 pikachu ex
2 raikou
4 ability magnemite
1 magneton
4 magnezone
2 shaymin ex
4 ultra ball
4 rare candy
2 level ball
3 trainer's mail
3 vs seeker
2 letter
2 energy retrieval
2 fisherman
1 lysandre
2 N
3 sycamore
1 AZ
10 electric
1 escape rope

Open spots 4
Probably a rough seas fighting fury belt maybe a ninja boy.

One of supporters though, like a clemont or Brigitte or ninja boy are so mich harder to use effectively without compressor.
Maybe 3 clemont and 3 energy recycler would rock. . . I dunno.

az is out of format and this deck will struggle against tier one decks because they're gonna use garb. Celmonts are inconsistent, running more than 1 is redundant. Bridgette is not very good since you have shaymin. having outs for garb is a good idea but other than that, you better have lysandre or an answer for garb decks taking center stage. I played and love this deck but it's very fringe.

Aaaargh. . .
AZ is out. . . so much lost.
I don't think I will adjust well to the new standard, and expanded is probably going to remain the same OP decks.
Not too many options for item lock in new standard though, is there? Vileplume? Nothing else, no?

Aaaargh. . .
AZ is out. . . so much lost.
I don't think I will adjust well to the new standard, and expanded is probably going to remain the same OP decks.
Not too many options for item lock in new standard though, is there? Vileplume? Nothing else, no?
There's always carbink/ zygarde ex/ vileplume. Just remember that vileplume is a double edge sword of an ability, so your set up before vileplume better be immaculate.

Dourstree is right. I have played so many random matches in real life and on the TCGO and my biggest weakest is against Item Lock decks with Garbodor. Once Garbodor is out, it's game over for me.

You're an old school player so it seems you have a different mindset going into this deck, which is not a bad thing.
Lol. If you're referring to my avatar tag line, you have no idea what I mean... In my area, Item-locking continues to "be a thing" (most likely, not in your area); hence the suggested Clemont.

Lol. If you're referring to my avatar tag line, you have no idea what I mean... In my area, Item-locking continues to "be a thing" (most likely, not in your area); hence the suggested Clemont.

My area is too advanced. I live in central Virginia near Washington DC, half the players go to worlds every year whether is VGC or TCG. I'm sort of a scrub still because IV been playing since feburary but I'm getting there.

Back