Type: Null, Jangmo-o, The Aether Foundation, Zygarde Cells, and more in 'Sun' and 'Moon'!

So many different features...looks like Black and White have competition!

Was hoping to see the starter's evolutions, but oh well. We might see them in CoroCoro.

So...Ultra Beasts...aren't Pokemon? Are they aliens??? UB-01's "movements resemble those of a young girl." Is it connected to Lillie? Speaking of Lillie, she is most likely connected to the Aether Foundation. Explains why she's against battles. And we finally know what that little white lab in the middle of Alola is.

Also, if Sun and Moon are set 12 hours apart, does that mean it's always daylight in Sun and always nighttime in Moon? Will it go back to real time once you beat the main story?

Jangmo-o looks like it could be Alola's pseudo-legendary.

Not gonna lie. I thought Gladion was a girl at first.

Sycamore's assistants are back! And they mentioned 5 trainers in the past. Looks like S/M take place at least several years after X/Y, much like how B/W was years after Gen 4.

Also, if Sun and Moon are set 12 hours apart, does that mean it's always daylight in Sun and always nighttime in Moon? Will it go back to real time once you beat the main story?

No Sun is the same time as your 3ds, moon is 12 hours off your 3ds so in moon it's night when it's day in real life and vice versa

Lusamine, Gladion and Lillie have the same skin tone, hair color and iris color. Bet they're siblings.

Now I kinda wanna get a Cutiefly on my team, just because of that evolution design looks really neat.

I have a bad feeling that Jangmo-o is going to be the pseudo-legendary of this generation. Well, I don't want any other dragon type to be the pseud0-legend, so I hope I'm wrong.

Type: Null is...weird, to be honest.

So at last the 10-or-so-years-old main character won't be fighting the evil organization alone.

And I'm happy that we got the "Zygarde collecting" subquest.

Calling it now, Lillie is UB-01 (or has some important connection to it).
Similar colour scheme, UB-01's movements resemble a young girl, plus she's been said to play 'an important role' and she's mysterious and we haven't heard of any real motives she has.
Excited to see the other Ultra Beasts as well.

on other news:
Type: Null - this thing makes me REALLY happy. I've wanted for a while to see a Pokemon spliced together taking aspects of different animals and this doesn't disappoint. Can't wait to find out more about its lore etc.

Jangmo-o - like the design but it's nothing special imo. Looks like it could have potential to be the psuedo-legendary, maybe ending up being a Dragon/Steel?

Alolan Raticate seems like a pretty natural evolution for Alolan Rattata. Hoping its stats aren't too bad as its typing leaves something to be desired.

I'm interested to see more about the Aether Foundation and how they influence the storyline. Maybe they'll end up having a Team Aqua/Magma relationship with Team Skull? (obviously this time without the roles reversed depending on the game)

Sun will be normally based on your consoles internal clock. Moon will always be 12 hours ahead of it.

I really like the 12-hour time difference for Sun and Moon. Really gives the games a unique twist on the same cutscenes. Since I'll be playing through Moon first (as I pre-ordered it); most of my gameplay will be done during the night.

Also; look at those chipmunk cheeks on Alolan Raticate. Looks like it got caught red-handed trying to store nuts/seeds for the winter or something. :p

The whole PokeFinder thing seems like a fusion of Pokemon Snap and the Camera Spots from X/Y. Should be interesting to see how fun that mode can be.

Finally an awesome Pokemon Sun and Moon reveal! And with some very interesting reveals as well.

Type-Null is interesting. It has the most uninspired name of any Pokemon (but I assume that's the point as it states in its description and it has interesting and slightly cool design. Another interesting note in its description is how it was created to counter legendary Pokemon. Judging from the fact that I find that highly unlikely in its current state, I believe that'll have at least one evolution.

Jangmo-o reminds me of Cranidos and judging from its appearance, it'll have two more evolutions and be Dragon/Steel type once fully evolved.

They've finally revealed Alolan Raticate after stating it in Rattata's description. Not much interesting about it other than the fact that decided to make it fat.

Gladion looks like he might be your other rival, like how you had Silver in Pokemon GSC & HGSS.

We now know what the middle island is for. If it'll serve any major purpose, who knows. If it weren't for the fact that they care for the Pokemon that are injured by Team Skull, it'd be getting a Team Aqua/Team Magma feeling here.

The fact that Pokemon Moon will be 12 hours different to your time seems like a cool feature. Just means that players who play mostly during the night or the day will be playing at the opposite time in the game.

I knew it! I knew that we'd go around collecting Zygarde cores and cells. While they don't specify how many cores and cells, I'm willing to bet that there are 10 cores and 90 cells in the Alolan region to collect.

Ultra Beasts are extremely interesting. We don't know UB-01's type or ability and we don't know how Ultra Beasts will be included in the story. Will they be like Totem Pokemon or will they be catchable like the Guardian Deity Pokemon? One thing that should be mentioned is that I think that UB-01 is Lillie, one of the characters revealed early on as the similarities are too much the same. I think that it's a case of UB-01 being able to transform into a human form (as it says it is constantly changing shape) rather than Lillie transforming into UB-01. The problem with this is that it would make UB-01 a uncatchable Pokemon that is more there for the plot. But with a name like UB-01, it makes sense you wouldn't be able to catch it, as it seems all Ultra Beast Pokemon are named UB-01, UB-02, UB-03 and so on. But these might just be codenames.

They've pretty much confirmed that they're never make a Pokemon Snap sequel with this. Its quite awesome that you'll be able to watch Pokemon and take pictures just like Pokemon Snap. There are just a couple questions I have:
1. Are the Pokemon take a picture of, registered as seen in the Pokedex?
2. Does the Rotom Pokedex allow you to find them after you take a picture, similar to the QR codes?
3. Do the QR codes and this increase your chance off finding the Pokemon or does it just show the route where you can find the Pokemon?

Yet another awesome Pokemon reveal! Hopefully with just over two months until the games come out, they don't reveal too much.

Attachments

• ub-01.png
    ub-01.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 28
  • lillie.png
    lillie.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Jangmo-o is probably the first evolution of a psuedo legendary.

It actually looks quite cool, I hope they don't ruin the next evolution(s).

Lusamine, Gladion and Lillie have the same skin tone, hair color and iris color. Bet they're siblings.
Lillie is almost certainly UB-01, given its new description.
Jangmo-o also has an interesting name has its the first Pokemon to have '-' in its name. I think this Pokemon will have two evolutions.
Porygon-Z does, too :p

I think that offsetting the in-game time of the two versions is actually one of my favourite features to have been revealed so far. I just think it's a very unnecessary mechanic to include, but more differentiation between the two versions is always nice, and I tend to play more at night than in the day. Usually locations look nicer during the day, so it being day time in-game when I actually find the time to play it will be really nice for me.

Pokémon Snap in the normal game is awesome. I really like that they decided to include it in the same game as Sun/Moon and didn't try and milk cash out of a spin-off. I feel like these games could quite easily be in the higher price range (£40-£50) because they are absolutely full of content and things to do, especially with the second-most credible leaker hinting at the Battle Frontier coming back too.

I'm sad that Type: Null doesn't have Adaptability for its ability. Is that not a much better description of its lore than Battle Armour? :U Unlike Genesect, I also don't think that Type: Null will have been created by the villainous team, though one of the admins using the Pokémon as his ace could discredit this theory. We'll have to wait and see.

I think it's odd that UB-01 is described as being a threat to Pokémon. By that logic, we shouldn't be able to catch it, which I think would be a shame considering it's actually got an awesome design which I would love to use on my team.

The Aether Foundation is unbelievably zzz to me. Hopefully we don't have to spend too much time there. I feel like all the characters there will be about as memorable as the Team Flare Admins, and even the designs of the normal grunts are very bland. I think it's a shame because they got EVERYTHING right about Team Skull, but it can't be helped. Interestingly, in the Japanese trailer UB-01 is shown to travel through a portal into the Aether Foundation. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the admins has something to do with why the Ultra Beasts are in Alola region in the first place. My head-canon is that the Aether Foundation is the real evil team and that Team Skull are the misunderstood good guys, possibly corrupted by poor grunts. After all, Gladion is pacifistic and Plumeria cares about the wellbeing of grunts like a sister. They're not textbook villains. Of course, at some point Team Skull also siege an entire city, but maybe they just want to create a safe haven for humans and Pokémon to hide from the Ultra Beasts? The Aether Foundation have been stated to be linked with them, and it's clear that the origins of the creatures will be explained within the games somewhere. Team Skull doesn't seem like the type of organisation to be fiddling around with higher beings, so I think that the Aether Foundation will be our legendary fiddlers. Their motives are the only thing in question right now.

Just noticed that UB is just short for Ultra Beast. That's unimaginative; hopefully the others aren't just UB-10 or UB-62 or whatever :p

Jangmo-o is the basic form of the psuedo legendary line for this generation. It looks good; I think it will evolve into a Dragon- and Steel-Type Pokémon, which would be an interesting type combination for sure. This is partially its colour scheme, but also the fact that its scale is said to act as a shield of sorts, and its abilities are therefore Bulletproof and Soundproof. All signs point to Steel.

I'm a big fan of Alolan Raticate, or Faticate for short. :L I like that it has a heightened sense of taste, and that we'll fight a head chef which uses one as their ace at some point, judging from its on-site description. My main concern with its reveal is that it's a Totem Pokémon, which I'm only concerned about because I feel like if there were any good new Dark-Type Pokémon they would make them the Totem Pokémon in Pokémon Moon for Melemele Island instead. On the other hand, the Yungoos and Alolan Rattata families are connected through lore and natural adaptations, and so therefore it makes sense for them to parallel each other. I'm probably just worried over nothing. :p

I'm loving Team Skull's style. Gladion's text is somewhat pacifistic (fighting me will just result in your Pokémno getting hurt, so don't do it :() and this, coupled with Pumeria's big sister psyche, makes me hopeful that they'll be the good guys. On the other hand, Gladion isn't a Team Skull Admin, but rather the "Team Skull Enforcer". That sounds much less pacifistic, but maybe he's just got enough status so that people do as he demands without Pokémon having to get hurt. Or maybe, considering Team Skull's siege of an entire city, the Pokémon games will finally reintroduce mild threats to humans, back from Pokémon Colosseum and XD! Thinking about it, one of the more credible leaks actually states that you can join up with Team Skull at some point. Either way I still doubt it's true that you join up with them, but maybe they are the good guys after all!

Wow, she really looks like Cynthia!

The "Pokemon Snap" feature is interesting. Dark Raticate looks ok.

The new Dragon Pokemon reminds me of Cranidos.

Lillie is almost certainly UB-40, given its new description.

Porygon-Z does, too :p

I think it's odd that UB-40 is described as being a threat to Pokémon. By that logic, we shouldn't be able to catch it, which I think would be a shame considering it's actually got an awesome design which I would love to use on my team.

The Aether Foundation is unbelievably zzz to me. Hopefully we don't have to spend too much time there. I feel like all the characters there will be about as memorable as the Team Flare Admins, and even the designs of the normal grunts are very bland. I think it's a shame because they got EVERYTHING right about Team Skull, but it can't be helped. Interestingly, in the Japanese trailer UB-40 is shown to travel through a portal into the Aether Foundation. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the admins has something to do with why the Ultra Beasts are in Alola region in the first place. My head-canon is that the Aether Foundation is the real evil team and that Team Skull are the misunderstood good guys, possibly corrupted by poor grunts. After all, Gladion is pacifistic and Plumeria cares about the wellbeing of grunts like a sister. They're not textbook villains. Of course, at some point Team Skull also siege an entire city, but maybe they just want to create a safe haven for humans and Pokémon to hide from the Ultra Beasts? The Aether Foundation have been stated to be linked with them, and it's clear that the origins of the creatures will be explained within the games somewhere. Team Skull doesn't seem like the type of organisation to be fiddling around with higher beings, so I think that the Aether Foundation will be our legendary fiddlers. Their motives are the only thing in question right now.

Just noticed that UB is just short for Ultra Beast. That's unimaginative; hopefully the others aren't just UB-10 or UB-62 or whatever :p

Oops, forgot about Porygon-Z.

Also, why do you keep saying UB-40? It was revealed as UB-01. Also they say that Ultra Beasts are a mysterious threat, which usually means a challenge for the player. As for what role they'll play, who knows. Another thing, the link between Team Skull and the Aether Foundation is that the Aether foundation care for the Pokemon mistreated by Team Skull so its very likely that we'll see the Aether Foundation chasing Team Skull around. But I do agree with you, both don't just seem like your generic good guys/bad guys but we'll have to wait and see.

Sina and Dexio are back... whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions. It’s said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl.

Okay, I have a feeling either Lillie or Lusamine is UB-01. That said, Ultra Beasts seem unique, which is awesome. They really went all-out on this game.

@Rcxd9999
Ho-oh has the dash too.
Type: Null and Tapu Koko are our weird names this gen :p

I really like what's revealed so far, I'm just kinda sad we probably can't catch the Ultra Beasts - especially if they all come out lookin' like Angels from NGE.

Back