Your First Pack or Good Pull

My first pack was a Dragon Frontiers pack. All I remember was that it hat Delta Xatu and Delta Trapinch in it, which I thought were pretty cool. Then my brother ripped the edge of my Trapinch. I was extremely angry and demanded that I get one of his cards since his pack had 10 cards while mine only had 9, and he ruined my card. (I didn't get one.) I still have those cards lying around somewhere.

The first packs that I remember opening where from a Meganium prime tin, I dont remember if I got any specifically good pulls, but I kept the Meganium card since then and it is still one of my most treasured cards. as for my first rare pull, maybe my FA Dialga EX. other than that, probably the time i bought two loose packs, (one phantom forces, and one furious fists) and I pulled a Mega Manectric and a lucario EX

I'm not sure, but I remember pulling a Shining Steelix, but since I completed all the sets before that, I think it might be a better one before. Can't remember though

I got my first pack five years ago, I think it was from jungle. My grandparents got it for me for my birthday. I remember I got a charmander and a charizard. I didn't start actually playing the TCG until phantom forces, but I collected other cards before then, including cards I got from my parents

The first time I ever bought a pack of cards, I bought a pack of jungle and two packs of base set in a book store in the mall. My best pull from those packs was the holo Scyther card. Not even 10 minutes after I pulled it, an older kid came up to me (I was 6 at the time and very new to the Pokemon TCG) and asked what I got because he saw that I was looking at my cards. When I showed him my holo Scyther, he offered to trade me a really rare card for it and because of my lack of knowledge of the TCG I accepted the trade. The card I received was a Base Set Rattata. It still haunts me to this day....

tl;dr: My first pack I opened in the TCG was Jungle Set and I got a holo scyther. Older kid scammed me in a trade and game me a Base Set Rattata. FeelsBadMan :(

The first packs that I opened where from a few tins i got as a gift for christmas, an Entei tin, a Raikou tin and a meganium tin. the only good card i pulled from those tins was a blissey prime. I have kept these cards sleeved (including the blissey) due to them being my first good cards. more recently, my best pulls are my ultra rare Houndoom EX, and a secret rare Gardivoir EX

My first pack was from Base Set 2. And the first really good pull I got was a holo Clefable. Yep, I'm an old timer. XD

My first pack was I believe a fake HeartGold SoulSilver pack. The first decent pull I got was a fake Shaymin Sky Forme Lv. X, although in my competitive time, my first one was I guess an SR Charizard PLS. It's hard to believe those sets were so long ago...

My first decent pull was a:

Celebi 145/144 Holo from the Skyridge packs.

Loved it for a long time, and put it in my binder.

My first "pack" was a fake Stormfront box, though my first real pack would have probably been a Call of Legends booster. I pulled a SR Groudon out of that one, and I still have it! ^.^

The first good pull of mine that I actually remember is pulling a holo, 1st edition of Here Comes Team Rocket from my very first page the original team Rocket set. :D I always loved Jessie and James from the Pokémon anime, so I was really super excited to get it. I probably got excited from other Base-Fossil pulls, too, but none of those stuck in my memory quite as much. :p

Last edited:
Well, the first Pokémon card was actually given to me, a Spearow common from Crystal Guardians that a relative had no want for. I gladly accepted the card along with a few of his energy doubles he didn't need.

My first product that I bought was the Steel Sentinel theme deck from HS Unleashed, back when they gave you loads more doubles, more energy, and only 3 rares. Still, that Holo Steelix and Regular Rares Roserade and Primeape will always be special.

As for my first pack, that actually came with the next theme deck I bought, the HS Undaunted Daybreak Deck. I remember being really thrilled, and getting a Muk, Raticate, Foil Gloom, Misdreavus, Togetic (I think), and perhaps an Eevee (can't remember the rest off the top of my head). That Weavile Rare looks just as cool today as it did that day (and is also still quite useful)!

Ultra Rare wise, Umbreon Prime. Looks better than any Full Art card, even without texture. I think I flipped at the time, and pulled a holo too!

Hmm.. I'm not old enough to have opened the likes of Base Set, but when I was 8ish in 2011 the kids in my daycare started bringing in Pokemon cards. One day when she picked me up, my mom surprised me with an Oshawott tin. I distinctly remember tearing into the packs in the kitchen when we got back home. I think my first pack was that BW sneak peak one, but the next one I opened was maybe Call of Legends? Anyways, I still have the tin and Oshawott promo (though I sadly lost the figure) and even a holo Gyarados I got from that Call of Legends pack!
image.jpg

my (we'll I paid for it anyways) first pack was opened by my 8yo son and he got M steelix ex
2 days later I bought I pack for 3 yo son (so that he has his own pokenon's - no, it isn't mistake, he calls them that) and he got Talonflame Break

I think I should by one pack for wife now, look's like first pack buys in out family give good cards :)

Do you guys remember your first ever pack and who the first rare card you ever got was?
I remember one of my first cards ever being a Machamp that I absolutely loved! And Charmander was instantly one of my favorites! Still love the excitement of opening packs of cards! Would love to some day open an entire booster box!
My first one was... A M Scizor from a BREAKPoint Elite Trainer Box!

I can't remember opening packs from before I stopped TCG. I do remember the cards I had before was a Base Set Charizard that I got as a prize and the Rocket's Zapdos I got from a friend.

Back