Discussion What Team Do You Want to Use in the Storyline?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Every new generation brings with it new Pokemon, and this one is no different. And not only do we have new Pokemon, but also Alola Forms which put a spin on old Pokemon. So which Pokemon do you think you'll be using on your team in the storyline? Are there any old favorites you think you might use? Be sure to give details on your team such as why you want to use them or what moves and abilities you want to use with them.

For more competitive discussion on teambuliding see the “What Team Do You Want to Use in 7th Gen Competitive?” thread here: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/what-team-do-you-want-to-use-in-7th-gen-competitive.135196/

I am currently Team Popplio! (Please let those final evo leaks be true...)

Also definitely going to use Grubbin and Alolan Raichu. Because even though real grubs freak me out, I've always wanted a grub Pokemon. And he evolves into an awesome Electric stag beetle! Alolan Raichu because he's Electric/Psychic. The dual type I've wanted the most since Gen 3. Also doesn't help that I already love Raichu and used him in X and Y.

Right now I'm thinking either Popplio or Litten depending on final evolutions (out of the rumored final evolutions I like Popplio's better than Litten's), Alola Raichu, and Mimikyu. Not sure who else is going to fill in the gaps yet, but I'll probably stick at least one non-Alola Form older Pokemon in there.

Right now, I'm still on the bench for a few. So far though I have Rowlet and Mimikyu as definites in my team. Ones I'm contemplating on using are Stufful, Sandygast, Pyukumuku or Wishiwashi, and Rockruff. I wanna just use the new new Pokemon, not any of the Alola forms.

If the "leaked" final starters end up being real, I will probably make a team of all Alola Pokémon for fun. :p

Otherwise, I might end up going for a more traditional team using my favourites from the new gen, which so far include Drampa, Rockruff, and that little poison alligator guy.

My team will probably be a team of like 16 after all's said and done :p

- Rowlet
- Pichu (YOU CAN CATCH ONE EARLY GAME YESSSSSSSSSS)
- Mimikyu
- Thassacastle
- Lurantis
- Lumineon or Milotic
- Alolan Ninetales
- Oricorio

Most definitely more to come as more leaks come

I've got a few Pokemon I definitely know I want to use, but I'm pretty torn between Popplio and Rowlet (assuming the leaks are legit) so I'll probably substitute a different Water or Grass type depending which one I take.
At the moment, my team's looking a bit like this:
-Popplio/Rowlet
-Vikavolt
-Lurantis/Wimpod (depends on whether I pick Popplio or Rowlet)
-Oricorio (Baile style)
-Alolan Ninetails

I like to leave a spot or two for any wildcards that I come across (previously unrevealed new Pokemon, unrevealed Alolan forms, existing Pokemon etc) so I'll probably leave it at 5 planned members for now (although I may swap things around and change things depending on any reveals we get between now and the release).

Here are some Pokémon I am intent on using once I get either version when they come out.

-Popplio (The Starter)
I am on Team Poppplio, btw. I hear that it might evolve into a Water/Fairy Type based on a sea siren according to a certain source. If that is the case, I might just have myself a handy special attacker that would have more to work with than Samurott, in my opinion.
Intended nicknames: Trans-Ariel, Sonata, Stefano, Enchantress, and Pacifica.

-Gumshoos
Mainly for the first half of the story, depending on how much good it can do for me in battle. Even if it's not part Dark-Type, like I thought it would be, there is no stumping the Trump, after all. Worst case scenario, I could always just use it as a HM Slave to get through obstacles.
Intended nickname: Trump (Duh!)

-Vikavolt
Most definitely using this wicked electrifying bug, since Alola is most likely gonna be full of Water Types. This will be really handy until I can find another particular teammate once I reach a certain point in the game for me to do so. Even if I do find this new teammate, Vikavolt will still do me some favours against any Grass and Psychics I will be fighting late-game.
Intended nicknames: Gundam, Shockwave, Thorax, and Peridot.

-Lurantis
This is the new teammate I was talking about. While Leaf Guard seems like a less than stellar Ability, that's not gonna stop people like myself from raising this beautiful floral mantis on our team.
Intended nicknames: Flora, Pinkamena, Peebles, and Wendy.

-Salandit
I like myself a sinister Pokémon whenever possible, and Salandit has definitely earned my approval. Fire/Poison will have so many uses throughout the game, I reckon. I'm very certain it will evolve, unless this is debunked in the coming months.
Intended nicknames: Joanna, Popple, Swiper, and The Lizard.

-Drampa
Dragons are awesome, and owning an elder that could eat Grass all day in battle with Sap Sipper is definitely worth an addition late-game. I may use it as a Body Slammer for an occasional ParaHax, if it can learn such an attack, that is.
Intended nicknames: Uncle Drampa, Drunkle, Falkor, Elliot, and Jolly Green.

Right now my team is still rather fluid in terms of finality.

Litten/Popplio (I'm worried about that rather ugly bipedal cat being real. Don't like any Water-type Pokemon that have been released; so Popplio could seamlessly slip in and be the Water-type)
Vikavolt
Lurantis
Pikipek final evolution

Other possible Pokemon: Oricorio, Comfey, Cutiefly, Alolan Ninetales

Alola Ninetales. That's all I need.

Yes, okay, I know it will be a late-ish game pokemon; ice types always are. So I'll probably get Popplio if the leaks are true, and pick up a Vikavolt early on, and Lurantis as soon as I can, but they will be all but guaranteed; all I really need to know is where to get an adorable white Vulpix and lovingly raise it.

And if wonder trade is still a thing, I might not even need them; I passed fire red with just Gardevoir, maybe I can pass Moon with only Ninetales.

Based on the info so far, Rowlet and Grubbin has secured themselves a spot on my team. Other Pokemon I got my eyes on including Mimikyu, Salandit, Sandyghast, Alolan Ninetales, and Alolan Marowak. Still waiting for another fighting, water, and dark type Pokemon right now though, since none of those types revealed caught my eyes.

Like @Turquoise, Rowlet and Grubbin are definitely going on my team! Wishiwashi, Minior and Turtonator are Pokémon I'd like to use as well, since I think they look really cool! If I end up getting both versions, I might start out with Litten in the other game and use Wimpod and Sandygast in that game!

Impossible to say right now since we don't know all the New Pokemon and Alolan forms yet. I'm not gonna choose before I see the whole selection.
There's a couple of pokemon I might use however:
Popplio (if the mermaid leak is true)
Rowlet (if the leak isn't true)
Grubbin/Vikavolt
Beweare
Cutiefly
Bruxish
Wimpod
Salandit
Mimikyu
Minior
Palossand
Wishiwashi
Pyukumuku
Morelull
Alolan Ninetales

...however that all depends on their possible evolutions, what else is available etc. etc. etc.

Depends honestly on when they reveal the pokemon
Im gonna chose rowlet and I usually like a fire type, water type, a ghost type, and maybe a flying type or a rock type

I'm probably going to use Rowlet, Mimikyu and Mudsdale, but I'll have to see every Pokemon to make a final decision. One Pokemon I'm definitely thinking about using is Salandit, IF it gets a decent evolution.

With the new trailer out, my dream team currently consists of Rowlett, Vikavolt, Type: Null and potentially Turtunator. Maybe Pyukumuku as well, but i want to see what other water type pokemon they reveal.

Jangmo-o has a good chance of making it into my team depending on what his evolutions are like.

Rowlet, Drampa, Lurantis, Pallosand, Jangmo-o, Type: Null.
Knowing me I won't stick to that much at all and do what I always do, rotate them with older Pokémon, which in this case will probably include Ninetales, Alakazam, Lucario and Aipom.

big daddy popplio whatever his final form may be
type: null is must have as is turtonator

bewear, vikavolt, palossand and lurantis are strong contendors

jangmo-o has potential depending on his evolutions

Rowlet and its final evolution
Turtonator
Wishiwashi (School Form)
Type : Null

Back