News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

theBeeeN

Aspiring Trainer
Reverse Gyarados? Yes, please!
Might there be a reverse Charizard?.... *heavy breathing..

Finally, M-Pidgeot! :D

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Note that since the image is really small, my translations might be wrong.

M Pidgeot's attack reads "You may have your opponent switch their Active Pokémon with 1 of their benched Pokémon"

Mewtwo's first attack is "Energy Absorbtion and reads "Attach up to 3(?) energy cards from your discard pile to this Pokémon.

Mewtwo's second attack reads "Heal 60 damage from this Pokémon"

Pidgeot's first attack reads "If this Pokémon was damaged during your opponent's last turn, this attack does the same amount of damage to your opponent's active Pokémon"

Pidgeot's second attack reads "This attack does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent's benched Pokémon (don't apply weakness and resistance for benched Pokémon)."

Dragonite's ability is: "When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, you may put 2 Basic Pokémon (excluding Dragonite-EX) from your discard pile into your hand."

Dragonite's attack reads "Discard an Energy card attached to your opponent's active Pokémon"

Nidoking's attack is "Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned. Put 2 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokémon between turns."

Huge thanks to @Jabberwock and @TheFlyingPidove for help!

Aeter

Aspiring Trainer
Lol didn't even see the pic had a better quality version when zooming. The traductions are correct so far, except Mewtwo which can't be correctly seen.

Also Pidgeot-EX's second attack does only 20 damage to 1 benched Pokémon, not 30 ; my bad.

outrageddranger

Pokemon Freak
With the right mix of Shaymin-EX and this Dragonite-EX, Steam Siege M-Gardy's Despair Ray should become more reliable/spammable... Assuming 4 Dragonite-EX on hand and M-Gardy's fully charged:
  • Turn 1: Put 2 Dragonite + 2 something else on bench, Despair Ray @ 150
  • Turn 2: Put the other 2 Dragonite + 2 something else, recover all 4 cards discarded from turn 1, Despair Ray @ 150 again
  • Repeat till KO/KO-ed

Last edited:

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
Ehhhhhh, Lightning weak Dragonite. Less fun than I had hoped. Glad he's got utility.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
With the right mix of Shaymin-EX and this Dragonite-EX, Steam Siege M-Gardy's Despair Ray should become more reliable/spammable... Assuming 4 Dragonite-EX on hand and M-Gardy's fully charged:
  • Turn 2: Put the other 2 Dragonite + 2 something else, recover all 4 cards discarded from turn 1, Despair Ray @ 150 again
  • Repeat till KO/KO-ed
I was thinking that too XD

Aeter

Aspiring Trainer
  • Repeat till KO/KO-ed

You cannot recover other Dragonite EXes with his ability. Also, what is the point on wasting 2 Dragonites Turn 1 with no Pokémon to recover ?

The8bitSalamence

Aspiring Trainer
I love the o̶l̶d̶ new art style on the cards! The slowbro looks great and I'm jumping on the mega pidgeot hype train as well. I will definitely be putting that nidoking break in my psychic deck!

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
I have to admit, the dull yellow border looks good on Pidgeot Full Art. I wish these blanks would be used for the Sun and Moon sets, but judging from the GX cards revealed that's not going to happen. Interesting to note that the black bar separating attacks does not have a white stroke.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Huh. Here I was, excited that Mewtwo had three attacks, two of which only cost one energy. But wow, is that underwhelming! Pretty much just made another Mewtwo EX for the sake of having a Mewtwo EX in this set.
I honestly don't mind that the Mega starters are reprints; very glad to see the Spirit Links, though. I'm also glad to see the reverse foil for this set. Though it's certainly not as loud and interesting, it kind of reminds me of the Legendary Collection (just in the sense of having the original cards in reverse).
And it's nice to finally see Mega Pidgeot EX! Which Megas are we still missing now? Off the top of my head... Sableye, Lopunny, Abomasnow, Camerupt, Sharpedo, Latias...
  • Repeat till KO/KO-ed
Well, you can't get Dragonite EX's back with its Ability, but I definitely like this idea and I'd love to try it out when this set comes out! =)

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
It's a bit disappointing there's so many duplicate Pokémon exs in this set, another Dragonite and Mewtwo.

The art is good, but with this being the last possible set with textured full arts I was hoping for more Gen 1 Pokémon full arts that were not made before, personally Ninetales, Arcanine, Starmie and Vileplume.

Holding out hope for Pinsir.

It doesn't look like Slowbro is getting a full art. Maybe the mega starters will get full arts now. Also wonder if this set will feature a spirit link for Kangaskhan.

Orlandito2012

Aspiring Trainer
Yay! Mega Pidgeot! The art is so good, but why didn't they give it a better attack. I was excited to use it if I could, but they only gave it an attack that does 130 and lets your opponent switch. if you got to choose, then it would be pretty good, but from the translations, it looks like that's not the case. :(

Queno138

Metal Balls Trainer
and my hopes of the Legendary Collection's Starry reverse holo has been completely dashed.

How are these even leaked before the japanese set itself!?