• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Tyranitar / Bats

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
Hey I have been out of the game for this season and would like to start getting back into it and as worlds is approaching and soon and the next few sets to drop which will most likely be my main deck of shiftry. With that this gives me thie opportunity to finally finish my deck which utilizes my favorite pokemon Tyranitar.

Pokemon:16

• 3 Tyranitar EX (AOR 42)
  • 3 Mega Tyranitar (AOR 43)
  • 3 Yveltal (XY 78)
  • 3 Zubat (PHF 31)
  • 3 Golbat (PHF 32)
  • 1 Yveltal EX (XY 79)
  • 2 shaymin ex
  • 1 hoopa ex

Trainers:32

• 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 2 Lysander
  • 1 hex maniac
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Mega Turbo
  • 3 Tyranitar Spirit Link
  • 1 Silent Lab
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Professor's Letter
Energy:12
  • 8 Dark Energy
  • 4 dce

Strategy: the way this deck works is to get mega Tyranitar outas fast as possible. Golbat is here to help mega Tyranitar's effect by droppong damage on the opponent to let Tyranitar hit for extra 60 dmg for each dmg counter on a pokemon after doing a hefty amount of dmg already. Baby yveltal is there to put dmg on the opponent,but most importantly put a dark energy from the discard on 1 Tyranitar for faster acceleration. Yveltal ex is just a 2nd attacker when needed.

Last edited:

DATfairy

Aspiring Trainer
Tyranitar is not something I see often...but when you get it running it packs quite a punch!
The problem is getting it to run...

That means you need some form of acceleration.
I see you have made a choice there, you have chosen to accelerate from the discard using battle compressors in combo with baby yveltal and mega turbo.
It's a good choice, a reliable one ( altough I do feel 2 baby yveltals will be enough instead of 3).

Pokémon amounts look fine to me, but there are a few things that could be worth considering:
Shaymins and Hoopa.
They could accelerate your playing speed significantly by giving you the pokemons/cards you need early on.
If these cards are an option I would go with probably 2 shaymins and 1 hoopa.
Also unsure about the yveltal ex's value besides being an ace against fighting decks.

With that in mind I would probably replace shadow circle with skyfield stadiums.
While it means you lose weakness immunity, good players will probably use their own stadiums/delinquent your stadium, leaving you with nothing.
it might be better to use skyfields in combination with hoopa and shaymins to go for an explosive setup ( and if they overwrite skyfield you can remove the used hoopa and shaymins from your bench so they cannot be lysandre'd out later).

I would also remove the 3 hard charms, I really see no use for them, considering mega tyranitar is your sweeper, and you want your spirit links for that.

Add a 2nd battle compressor, getting energies in the discard is extremely important for your acceleration.

+ 2 ultra ball and + 0/1 level ball.

Would also remove the escape rope, switch, and professors letter.
Bats have a free retreat and if a tyranitar with 0 energies gets lysandred and lives you could AZ it.

Trainers mail: a single copy doesnt help much imo, either run 3-4 or none at all.

Silent lab is an option, but hex maniac might be more versatile.

Also, you run the bats to trigger the damage from tyranitar, yet you have nothing to pick those bats up again should the damage be needed. Perhaps a combination of a single AZ with a few super scoop ups or devolution sprays?

Just throwing some options out here, I hope this post can be of use to you :)

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
Tyranitar is not something I see often...but when you get it running it packs quite a punch!
The problem is getting it to run...

That means you need some form of acceleration.
I see you have made a choice there, you have chosen to accelerate from the discard using battle compressors in combo with baby yveltal and mega turbo.
It's a good choice, a reliable one ( altough I do feel 2 baby yveltals will be enough instead of 3).

Pokémon amounts look fine to me, but there are a few things that could be worth considering:
Shaymins and Hoopa.
They could accelerate your playing speed significantly by giving you the pokemons/cards you need early on.
If these cards are an option I would go with probably 2 shaymins and 1 hoopa.
Also unsure about the yveltal ex's value besides being an ace against fighting decks.

With that in mind I would probably replace shadow circle with skyfield stadiums.
While it means you lose weakness immunity, good players will probably use their own stadiums/delinquent your stadium, leaving you with nothing.
it might be better to use skyfields in combination with hoopa and shaymins to go for an explosive setup ( and if they overwrite skyfield you can remove the used hoopa and shaymins from your bench so they cannot be lysandre'd out later).

I would also remove the 3 hard charms, I really see no use for them, considering mega tyranitar is your sweeper, and you want your spirit links for that.

Add a 2nd battle compressor, getting energies in the discard is extremely important for your acceleration.

+ 2 ultra ball and + 0/1 level ball.

Would also remove the escape rope, switch, and professors letter.
Bats have a free retreat and if a tyranitar with 0 energies gets lysandred and lives you could AZ it.

Trainers mail: a single copy doesnt help much imo, either run 3-4 or none at all.

Silent lab is an option, but hex maniac might be more versatile.

Also, you run the bats to trigger the damage from tyranitar, yet you have nothing to pick those bats up again should the damage be needed. Perhaps a combination of a single AZ with a few super scoop ups or devolution sprays?

Just throwing some options out here, I hope this post can be of use to you :)

Thank for the help,there is a lot to take in and use and see what works and what doesn't. As for the 3 hard charms, mega ttar has his delta ability that lets him have 2 attachments on him which I want to keep and utilize + is good for my other mons.

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
Now that we know the rotation,I'm gonna need to replace my shadow circle,hard charm,battle compressor but don't know what to put in pmace of them

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
Updated:

-2 shadow circle
-3 hard charm
-1 battle compressor

+2 shaymin ex
+1 hoppa ex
+1 hex maniac

+2 free space