Blast Turtle Pokemon 'Turtonator' Revealed!

Okay, I know I'm a little late to the party, but there is a reason for this to be Dragon-Type. And as the dex entry explains, its Fire typing is environmental.

Well I love new pokemon.

But this is the ugliest thing I have seen in a while. Might be the most awful looking fire type (to me) since Magmar.

Lol. When will you people learn that a Pokemon isn't worth what it looks like. It's so much more than that...who knows, Turtonator could be boss. Fire and Dragon typing is useful defensively. Turtonator is very unique. So glad it wasnt another bird or puppy (really? None of you bitch about that annoyingly consistent trait? haha.) Anyway, again, just play the games when they come out and be amazed by everything like we always are.

Still design is important in a visual medium like computer games.

Also I, for one, bitch aplenty about regional normal/flying birds and puppies/foxes/pika-clones/cats. Yet another turtle is not much better however.

Last edited:
It seems a lot of pokemon this gen have a love it or hate it vibe. I for one love our new turtle. It's like gamera meets a mata mata.

It seems a lot of pokemon this gen have a love it or hate it vibe. I for one love our new turtle. It's like gamera meets a mata mata.

Well that could be part of why I don't like it, with the exception of Volcarona/Mothra I don't like any of the Kaiju-inspired Pokemon.
Though it also reminds me of some freaky turtle monster from an anime I can't remember the name of.

Also does that mean Turtonator is filled with turtle meat and we've been eating Turtonatoooooor?

Would have been much better with different mouth or head in general. At least it has good typing. And 6'07"? This thing is 2 meters tall!?

I like Turtonator, and its typing, Dragon/Fire, is great.
Sure it was a little surprising when I saw it the first time, but now I'm gotten used to the design and I really like it.

You know, as I was watching the trailer, I came to think about another trailer. The one about the Totem Gumshoos. Do you think it's possible that Turtonator will be the Totem Pokémon of Kiawe's Island...? It seems fitting to me!

By the way, why do I get the feeling that a lot of people will call their Turtonator Arnold or Arnie...? :rolleyes:

I have mixed feelings for this Pokémon, but I'm sure I will appreciate it more over time, like I do with at least 95% of all Pokémon so far.

Positives:
-Another turtle Pokémon, and a Dragon Type at that. Turtles are reptiles, after all, so it's not too farfetched for a turtle Pokémon to adopt the Dragon Typing.
-Essentially Bowser if he becomes one with the Mine Turtle.
-Another notable "It's a trap!" Pokémon. That explosive shell tactic may just come in handy against a load of physical threats in OU.

Negatives:
-This thing's reveal seemed to only serve as way to spite those who wanted Ash to win the flippin' Pokémon League already on the same day.
-If the anime wasn't such an unforgivable tease the other day, I actually would have been in love with this explosive Chinese Bowser Pokémon.

Also, its attack animation shows its special attacks coming from its shell, but it apparently shoots them from that hole on its stomach? What... how does that even WORK? Wouldn't it just make more sense for it to breathe fire like almost every other Fire type? I'm really confused.

I like Turtonator, and its typing, Dragon/Fire, is great.
Sure it was a little surprising when I saw it the first time, but now I'm gotten used to the design and I really like it.

You know, as I was watching the trailer, I came to think about another trailer. The one about the Totem Gumshoos. Do you think it's possible that Turtonator will be the Totem Pokémon of Kiawe's Island...? It seems fitting to me!

By the way, why do I get the feeling that a lot of people will call their Turtonator Arnold or Arnie...? :rolleyes:

I'll be calling mine either Adam, Jamie, or Bowser. It being the Totem Pokémon seems quite likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
This should at least have a pre. Otherwise I would NEVER use it. Maybe an evolution too? Can't see it but it would be better. :confused:

Back