Ash: Kalos League Champion?

I think what we need is an adult Pokemon anime cartoon. Then there would be more freedom to do what a lot of people would like to see, such as, Ash having a romantic relationship and be stronger as a trainer. Now that would be pretty cool, not that it would ever happen.

Green778 said:
(...)

3) Again, nobody said "Make him champ now". There is a reason they are not doing this (explained in the first post). I just said why not show that there something more after the league. Alder said that to him. Become Champion... and then what? Gary even quitted his dream. I believe it would be very good to have a unique storyline like the PAdventures. There don't have to be always "get 8 badges with new pokes and then lose in the league". In the PAdventures manga (more specifically see G/S/C or D/P), the gym leaders don't serve their typical role. There is a plot behind this, a criminal org, a natural disaster etc, and it would be a LOT better if we had an "Ash" that could save the world under those circumstances. An "Ash" that could be a powerful trainer, a champ in some region. And it doesn't have to be a champ, just winner of the league. Then they could relate his journeys in unknown regions, exploration of new kinds of pokemon, environments, legendaries, myths, small culture things (sometimes the small things matter in some episodes -that is a good thing in the X/Y anime), focus more on character development. Create a figure that small children (and I don't believe 10 year old will have as an idol a 10 year old, tbh the proper age for Ash would be 16-18) can look up to .

For Ash there's nothing more than that. He could try to go back and accept being a Frontier Brain but that's almost impossible. Ash had the dream to be a master but by this point not only didn't he caught that much Pokémon as he didn't train them. As for the idol guy, Ash is already supposed to be what young trainers - read: children - are when playing the game: a rookie trainer finding (new) Pokémon and challenging gyms and going for the E4, and that's why Ash can't age...Ash is made to suit the always new coming trainers and not to be an idol...at least I never did it back when I was a child. Ash was cool but I was Red in Blue version and I wasn't making the same mistakes as Ash nor I was catching only few Pokémon and not train them.

ilovecommas said:
I think what we need is an adult Pokemon anime cartoon. Then there would be more freedom to do what a lot of people would like to see, such as, Ash having a romantic relationship and be stronger as a trainer. Now that would be pretty cool, not that it would ever happen.

This might interest you:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-an-alternate-more-serious-pok%C3%A9mon-anime

PS: Ash would just follow in his dad's footsteps and leave the girl all by herself while already pregnant and then we would follow the adventures of lil' Ashooh, named after his father and the delusion of Ho-oh!

In the new coro coro it is revealed that
Ash and Alain make the final. So Ash makes top 2 at worst, wins at Best!!

Yep! The next 3 episodes in August were revealed on Serebii!

Episode 933: The Finals! Ash VS Alain!!
Episode 934: Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!
Episode 935: Team Flare Attacks! The Zygarde at the Prism Tower!!

Either way, it's gonna be pretty epic.

Yep! The next 3 episodes in August were revealed on Serebii!

Episode 933: The Finals! Ash VS Alain!!
Episode 934: Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!
Episode 935: Team Flare Attacks! The Zygarde at the Prism Tower!!

Either way, it's gonna be pretty epic.

Haha, I was definitely surprised to read that it's about to happen! Let's hope that our boy will keep his promise to Goodra and Serena... :rolleyes: Though, I agree! It's going to be epic either way

Doesn't Ash make it pretty far in the even-numbered generations? If so, it makes sense he makes it this far this gen compared to how he bombed the Unova league.

Ok, I'm bored. So I've decided to analyze this. SKIP THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE EPISODE YET!

Ok so the first match up was Pikachu vs. Tyranitar. Pikachu is at a clear disadvantage because of the Sandstorm it set up, blocking Pikachu's view and stalling its movements. But Ash was able to get rid of that using the water to his advantage. After a series of attacks, Pikachu managed to beat Tyranitar using a quick on its feet technique.

The next match up was Noivern vs. Weavile. Noivern was at a disadvantage because of its massive weakness to Ice types. When Weavile used Double Team, Ash having Noivern use Supersonic to find the real one is an incredible strategy, but because of Weavile's Ice Beam, it eventually hit Noivern's wings and it fainted as it hit it while it fell.

Next was Hawlucha vs. Weavile. Since Hawlucha has a MASSIVE advantage over Weavile, it was a smart choice. Having Hawlucha take on Weavile's attacks was also smart, because it made its own attacks more powerful. Weavile was knocked out by Hawlucha's powerful attacks, enhanced by the power from taking those hits.

Then there's Hawlucha and Bisharp. They each hit each other at the start causing them to both to take a fair amount of damage. But Bisharp's Thunder Wave was the only reason that Hawlucha didn't take Bisharp either. Thunder Wave stopped most of its attempts to move, and Bisharp was able to land a Guillotine, which is a smart strategy on Alain's side. Causing Hawlucha to faint.

Then, there was the birds. Unfezant vs. Talonflame. This was pretty much just a 3 minute aerial battle. Not much to be said. It ended in a tie, with both of them having only 3 Pokemon left after the match. But if either one of them had won, the other opponent would have had the upper hand in the next battle being aerial, unless Talonflame won, and Alain went crazy and sent out Charizard.

Next was Pikachu and Metagross. Personaally my favorite of these match ups so far. Pikachu was bombarded by a surprisingly swift Metagross with Metal Claw, Rock Slide (I'm not sure about this one), and Meteor Mash. Pikachu took all these attacks extremely well, especially for a Pikachu. Next was what I loved here. Ash had Pikachu jump onto Metagross, and had it use Thunderbolt. That way, Metagross was unable to attack it. Eventually, Metagross shook it off and Ash had Pikachu use Iron Tail, my favorite moment of this episode. He recovered almost instantly, and used the momentum he'd gain while falling towards Metagross to knock it out. Now come on? Pikachu beat 2 Pseudo Leagendaries! That's crazy!

The final matchup we saw was Pikachu vs. Charizard. But not the whole thing was seen. What was seen was only Pikachu using Quick Attack and Thunderbolt directly after. Which obviously did a decent amount of damage.

Now, lastly. In the little scene shown at the end, we saw Ash with Pikachu, Greninja, and Goodra. While Alain had Bisharp and Charizard. Both Charizard and Bisharp have taken damage, and while Pikachu is probably exhausted, Goodra, and Ash's strongest Pokemon Greninja have not been in battle yet. With Ash-Greninja likely being on par with Mega Charizard in its perfected form, I'd safely say that Ash will win the Kalos league, or Pokemon decides to piss off fans everywhere and interrupt the league (which they better not do, because fans (maybe even myself) will riot).

Ash lost. Everyone should have been expecting this, honestly.

I haven't actually seen the ep yet myself, but I did look up the results because I was intrigued. I haven't caught up on XY&Z in ages, but I'll probably skip ahead and watch this battle anyway for fun.

I cannot believe they did this. That's just a massive middle finger to their anime fans honestly. Even with all the signs, Ash still lost in this rigged as f*** battle. You have no idea how pissed I am. I watched that battle. Compared to all of the other Pokemon Alain had, Bisharp was totally lucked out, and broken. The fact that Charizard didn't lose to that MASSIVE Shuriken is unbelievable. I cannot believe they did this again. This is the very first time I'm surprised Ash lost. He deserved it this time.

The click bait title. 'Kalos League Victory, Satoshi's Greatest Decisive Battle!' That click bait title. First off, Ash didn't win. He lost by a single hair in this rigged as hell battle. Secondly, this wasn't his greatest battle. Ash vs. Sawyer was hyped, full of emotion and everything. In my heart, Ash vs. Sawyer is the true finals of the Pokemon League. Ash, this time around, truly deserved to win and they had absolutely no reason for Alain to win.

Alain had no reason to win. The story actually would've been more interesting if he LOST. Not only on Ash's side, but also closing him out. He'd realize his philosophy on strength was wrong and he'd look to Ash for guidance.

So if you wanna know how salty I, along with other long time anime fans are, then hear this: F*** you Alain, f*** you Ash, f*** you Kalos League, f*** you Team Flare Arc, f*** you Writers, f*** you Sun and Moon, f*** you anime. There you go.

Wow. I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to attempt murder on these people. Not to mention the click bait title was bulls*** and Ash is not gonna win a league, because this was his only chance. His only REAL shot at winning a Pokemon League Conference was ruined by a bunch of dumbos who wussed out at the last minute.

The Sun and Moon anime is gonna suck, I can tell. But I'm certain Serena is gone (yay). But all in all, the BW, excuse me, Sun and Moon anime is gonna be horrible, but not as bad as BW.

Last edited:
^This, All of this.
I don't even have the will to complain as much as I wanted about the gigantic waste of time that waiting to see this episode was. I'll still watch the last episodes with the Team Flare arc but all the excitement is gone and I'll most likely stop watching the anime after this saga is over. There's just no point. I almost did it after BW but then I saw how XY was doing better than BW and decided to watch it all and every episode kept getting better and better and yet, after all this build-up, we get this. What a disappointment. It's a sad day to be a pokémon fan.

I haven't watched the anime since Battle Frontier; but this is a bigger slap in the face than Ash losing to Tobias. The same Tobias who wrecked Ash with only two Pokemon; both of them legends.

Even someone like me had to call just how a cop-out that was.

But this, there is no excuse. This is the worst. The title. The title. The freaking CLICKBAIT title. That is like a middle finger to the fanbase. "Oh, you thought Ash was going to win?! lolnope! What did you honestly expect was going to happen?"

Why? Why did they decide to go with that title and getting up everyone's false hopes? It honestly would've been better had they left the title ambiguous. Partially the fanbase's fault for getting snookered by this farce, without forgetting the fact the anime writers have done this for the past 5 regions.

This was Ash's most powerful team in my opinion, just narrowly beating out his Sinnoh team for the title of best team.

The X/Y anime had actually invested people into the anime. Ash seemed to be getting better, his team was getting stronger and he really had a purpose this time around to beat Alain and showing him the true way to raising and being with Pokemon. Brute strength will always fail when love, trust and compassion will always win.

This is a middle finger, a gut punch, a kick to the back of the head. And to be honest; we should've all seen this coming, like; a mile away.

For a moment, I thought he would win, due to the trailer and title. But no. I'm no Ash fan, but for ONCE he deserved to win a League.

He was SO. FREAKING. CLOSE.

He had the perfect shot...and he lost by a hair.

Ash really deserved it this time. He had character development. He had a great team. He unlocked a form of Mega/Synchro/Whateveryouwanttocallit evolution with Greninja. He was doing so well. And he got THIS???

Honestly, I haven't even seen the episode and I don't think I will watch it. I don't think I've seen such a dirty attempt at a ratings grab in all my life. This has officially confirmed that the Pokemon anime writers have no respect for us, or even their target demographic. Seriously, if I was a 7-8 year old watching this episode, I would definitely have my hopes held high only for them to be crushed in the blink of an eye. I would have thrown a violent temper tantrum. This moment is going down in infamy along with the Snivy incident in Unova.

Last edited:
I cannot believe they did this. That's just a massive middle finger to their anime fans honestly. Even with all the signs, Ash still lost in this rigged as f*** battle. You have no idea how pissed I am. I watched that battle. Compared to all of the other Pokemon Alain had, Bisharp was totally lucked out, and broken. The fact that Charizard didn't lose to that MASSIVE Shuriken is unbelievable. I cannot believe they did this again. This is the very first time I'm surprised Ash lost. He deserved it this time.

The click bait title. 'Kalos League Victory, Satoshi's Greatest Decisive Battle!' That click bait title. First off, Ash didn't win. He lost by a single hair in this rigged as hell battle. Secondly, this wasn't his greatest battle. Ash vs. Sawyer was hyped, full of emotion and everything. In my heart, Ash vs. Sawyer is the true finals of the Pokemon League. Ash, this time around, truly deserved to win and they had absolutely no reason for Alain to win.

Alain had no reason to win. The story actually would've been more interesting if he LOST. Not only on Ash's side, but also closing him out. He'd realize his philosophy on strength was wrong and he'd look to Ash for guidance.

So if you wanna know how salty I, along with other long time anime fans are, then hear this: F*** you Alain, f*** you Ash, f*** you Kalos League, f*** you Team Flare Arc, f*** you Writers, f*** you Sun and Moon, f*** you anime. There you go.

Wow. I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to attempt murder on these people. Not to mention the click bait title was bulls*** and Ash is not gonna win a league, because this was his only chance. His only REAL shot at winning a Pokemon League Conference was ruined by a bunch of dumbos who wussed out at the last minute.

The Sun and Moon anime is gonna suck, I can tell. But I'm certain Serena is gone (yay). But all in all, the BW, excuse me, Sun and Moon anime is gonna be horrible, but not as bad as BW.

^This, All of this.
I don't even have the will to complain as much as I wanted about the gigantic waste of time that waiting to see this episode was. I'll still watch the last episodes with the Team Flare arc but all the excitement is gone and I'll most likely stop watching the anime after this saga is over. There's just no point. I almost did it after BW but then I saw how XY was doing better than BW and decided to watch it all and every episode kept getting better and better and yet, after all this build-up, we get this. What a disappointment. It's a sad day to be a pokémon fan.

I haven't watched the anime since Battle Frontier; but this is a bigger slap in the face than Ash losing to Tobias. The same Tobias who wrecked Ash with only two Pokemon; both of them legends.

Even someone like me had to call just how a cop-out that was.

But this, there is no excuse. This is the worst. The title. The title. The freaking CLICKBAIT title. That is like a middle finger to the fanbase. "Oh, you thought Ash was going to win?! lolnope! What did you honestly expect was going to happen?"

Why? Why did they decide to go with that title and getting up everyone's false hopes? It honestly would've been better had they left the title ambiguous. Partially the fanbase's fault for getting snookered by this farce, without forgetting the fact the anime writers have done this for the past 5 regions.

This was Ash's most powerful team in my opinion, just narrowly beating out his Sinnoh team for the title of best team.

The X/Y anime had actually invested people into the anime. Ash seemed to be getting better, his team was getting stronger and he really had a purpose this time around to beat Alain and showing him the true way to raising and being with Pokemon. Brute strength will always fail when love, trust and compassion will always win.

This is a middle finger, a gut punch, a kick to the back of the head. And to be honest; we should've all seen this coming, like; a mile away.

He was SO. FREAKING. CLOSE.

He had the perfect shot...and he lost by a hair.

Ash really deserved it this time. He had character development. He had a great team. He unlocked a form of Mega/Synchro/Whateveryouwanttocallit evolution with Greninja. He was doing so well. And he got THIS???

Honestly, I haven't even seen the episode and I don't think I will watch it. I don't think I've seen such a dirty attempt at a ratings grab in all my life. This has officially confirmed that the Pokemon anime writers have no respect for us, or even their target demographic. Seriously, if I was a 7-8 year old watching this episode, I would definitely have my hopes held high only for them to be crushed in the blink of an eye. I would have thrown a violent temper tantrum. This moment is going down in infamy along with the Snivy incident in Unova.

Damn, even one of the mods on Pokébeach are pissed as hell. Well, you're not alone in this. I too am disappointed, but so, surprisingly, are the animators of the episode that aired recently. In fact, a lot of the fanbase are pissed as well, especially the Japanese audience. That said, I'd admit that I'm not a avid follower of the anime, because in the end, the anime itself is nothing more than mere marketing for the games and for newer younger people, hence why it barely has a plot (it has none in fact) and why a lot of the XYZ episodes are just rehashes of older seen episodes. In fact, I only watch Gym battle episodes, Evolution episodes, League episodes and Capture episodes of the Pokémon anime. The rest of the episodes I really do not care one damn about as they're all useless filler to pad out the anime endlessly.

That said, there's a theory going around that Team Flare may have rigged the match in favor for Alain as their pawn, mostly for their evil plans and that there may be a rematch of sorts after the Team Flare arc. In a way, it would make sense, because Alain is connected to Lysandre, and if Alain really enjoyed the match as he said he did, I don't think he'd like to know that he won under false conditions and/or was used as some pawn for another's scheme. Whether this is true or not, however, I don't know. I personally wouldn't hope too much on the said idea, but who knows, right?

That said, there's a theory going around that Team Flare may have rigged the match in favor for Alain as their pawn, mostly for their evil plans and that there may be a rematch of sorts after the Team Flare arc.

That makes a lot of sense, but if it boils down to that; I felt like there had to have been a better way to make that possible plot point work.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you thought Ash was ever gonna win. This is the best he's ever done and all you guys are crying foul because he didn't win? Get over yourselves. He will never win until the show ends. Maybe not even then.

You know, it's okay. I rewatched the whole battle, and you know what? I must admit, I'm still a little salty he didn't win, because I think he deserved it more than Alain did. But it's okay. I'm satisfied with it. Now that I rewatched putting all my saltiness and personal bias aside, I have to say that this was a satisfying episode. I think that it was full of emotion, and the battle was pretty intense. I liked it. I've decided I'm not quitting the anime, as somehow the writers really did make this work in a good way. I still would've preferred Ash to win, but Alain is a much better choice to lose to than just another "league rival" like Harisson, Tyson, Tobias, Cameron. Because unlike these annoying people, Alain got character development and had so much more there for him, so I'll accept it. But yeah, I'm satisfied with the battle, and overall, it was pretty good.

Back