News Solgaleo GX and Lunala GX: Pokemon GX Mechanic Revealed at Worlds!

Purrloin

I like the idea of once-per-game attacks/abilities. They add a smidgen of strategy to a format that has too much autopilot-ism, since you can't just use them willy-nilly.

Also I am really happy the BW templates are finally going the way of the Duduo. I look forward to seeing the finalized template.

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
Don't forget that these might not even be the final card designs. Anyway, is this how they're incorporating Z-moves into the TCG? I'm excited to see what else will happen with this concept. Also, Exs, Megas, and Breaks might still be kept, since the promo video shows those three as well.

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
So the attack can only be used once per game... Honestly, I'm more excited about Lunala GX being the new Aromatisse than the GX attack itself. Would be even better if Lunala GX is a basic, but not enough information has been revealed.

Also, anyone else notice that the energy costs of these attacks are not listed? But look at that gap, Solgaleo GX's attack could need 3M2 F or something crazy like that, and his GX attack could take a lot too. I'm betting once the hype dies down these cards are used more for their abilities than their attacks. ...assuming some form of tool removal is introduced to counter Garbador.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
We fear change.

I'm more curious and a little confused. And was blobs the best they could think of to hide things on an already blank template.

RIP EXs I guess but for all we know GXs may not be big basics so your lowly Exeggcute could be Alolan Exeggutor GX.

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, really pretty cards. I wonder if they'll get full arts. I'm super hyped for the Sun and Moon TCG line, but I'm tired of how decks nowadays really heavily on EXs and each set we get 17-20 more of them. Breaks were a nice change up because they encouraged evolutions and even a simple card like Raticate can become a pain in the a$$. I'm kinda sad that they took the route of more cards that are figuratively OP, but eh. I'm still excited. Both of these cards have undeniable playability, and I can't wait to see how they shake up the meta.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I'm sorry to be a hater, but this looks pretty f****** stupid. EXs were fine. They don't really need to leave the format, as there's nothing really wrong with them. Why are they being changed (if they are, which is likely) to this? This looks so much less professional than EXs do, or BREAK cards even.

taschen88

Aspiring Trainer
I hope the new Pokémon-GX are counted as evolutions, similar to Mega Pokémon-EX.
Hrmmm I suppose the starters could have a Pokemon-GX evolution, too.

NinjaBem

Aspiring Trainer
I enjoy these cards artwork wise. And as for the attacks? They do look pretty powerful and they do bring Z-moves into the TCG (Which I'm glad for). I think that these guys will look really cool as ultra rare's. They'll probably change how regular cards look as well because they've had the same one for 5 years now (which is quite a long time).

I appreciate the aesthetic of new ultra rare's and I'm really excited about this upcoming generation. Don't get upset that they're adding a new type of Pokemon to the game because after a little while we'll all get used to it. I'm looking forward to seeing new cards revealed! :D

Avery Lv. 100

Poketto Monsuta! (Steel Pokemon Master)
Well goddamn! New and fresh design. Polished and clean cut as always (except DPP expansions lol). Possibly some of most powerful cards ever.

aschefield101

is behind you !
Wow, some people are actually pissed that the design of the cards suck, but seriously...
"card art is not final"

also be grateful that we're at least getting a new type of way to play the TCG:/
Card art is not the same as card layout/design. The art bit is aimed at the pokemon/background used.

They may decide to add more effects, lessen them elsewhere, show more of the background/pokemon, etc.

The design they have I'd wager is pretty much it, although it feels wrong without HP, the little silver square next to the name is pointless and the other stuff I said in my first post.

All in all, there are far better custom fakes out there than those 2 monstrosities.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
So this will replace EX's? Also, does anyone think that BREAKs will continue in sun & moon

Reggie McGigas

-
Blanks are god awful and the cards are hideous. Why change it if it ain't broke? Now it's broke, dumbasses. Don't feel like collecting these cards.

Wow, some people are actually pissed that the design of the cards suck, but seriously...
"card art is not final"

also be grateful that we're at least getting a new type of way to play the TCG:/

First off, it's basically a ripoff of EX's. Secondly, the card template looks god awful, would rather just stick to EX's than have this garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
How can you ripoff something that you created to begin with? It's more like a continuation; an amplification or an adjacent version. EXs weren't the first of their kind either, they are preceded by exs.

I was hoping they would do something like this - I don't know about you guys but I got very tired of the same old "jumping out" Pokemon in regular EX form. Even fullarts aren't very creative (I'm mostly referencing the BREAK sets though... the TCG lost artistic fiber after Ancient Origins, imo).

Not a complete fan of the borders. They remind me of cards from the Gundam expansions. It's just not very Pokemon-y. CG artwork in fullart form is a step in a fresh direction however.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Okay, I like the new template. At least for the most part. I would like to see a normal border. However...
WTF POKEMON? These look boring enough to go on modern Spongebob.

"Pokemon Go to the polls"-Hillary Clinton

No Hillary, Pokemon GO GET THE F*** OUT WITH THESE MONSTROSITIES!

Anyone else throw up a little bit in their mouths?

Tepig4321

The Very Best Like No One Ever Was