Blast Turtle Pokemon 'Turtonator' Revealed!

I love everything about this derpy turtle. It looks dangerous, has a ridiculously silly name(in a good way) and is a fire/dragon type. I was expecting to see some praise for it, but then...Seems like I'm the only one who even likes it after reading the comments. Now I'm sad. :(

I love everything about this derpy turtle...Seems like I'm the only one who even likes it after reading the comments. :(

I'm with you!

I love it! :D Not every Pokemon needs to look badass or cute.
One of my favorite 7th gen Pokemon so far.

At first, I thought its name is Terminator. I shall nickname it I'll Be Back.

Wow... This is what they had to reveal? *sigh*

You know, after the last episode, I'm not really in the mood for crappy new pokémon like this one. At least, give us Ash-Greninja in the games so we can make a better use of it than Ash.
Ash is going to need a burn-heal after that...

Turtonator? Not the worst design revealed, but definitely one of the weirdest. I'm thinking it's that weird looking nose that has everyone hating on it... if it had a beak, like a snapping turtle, it would have looked better. The name isn't the best either... if it's based of a Mata Mata turtle, why not Matanator?

It is a bit over-designed for sure, but even Gen 1 had Pokemon that were over-designed (*cough* Magmar *cough*) that are loved simply for nostalgia's sake. Pokemon really does need to take a cue for Fashion 101 and EDIT their designs. Always try and take something away. It usually looks better.

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. Fire tortoise has obviously been done before so minus points for originality. A grass or posion type Mata Mata Pokemon would seem like a better fit.

Hoping this isn't the Dragonite/Salamence/Garchomp/Hydreigon/Goodra of this gen though. I was really hoping for something else... Oh well.

I'm honestly really disappointed with Turtonator. My favorite animal is probably the Turtle, and with Dragon and Fire being some of my favorite types this Pokemon was a huge letdown. Although it's mechanics seem interesting the design is weird and honestly doesn't resemble a turtle very much
:(

I feel so bad that the Ground-Ghost Sandcastle Pokemon didn't revealed. I'm still hoping for it few weeks from now.

MY EVALUTIONS:
  • Turtonator - It is an absolutely terminator. I wonder why his face looks like a deck or something. It's pose just like Mawile who only show his back. Anyways, it's move is destrtuctive, I wonder how many power is this one?

It's hard to not hear "turd-onator" when saying its name aloud...
And uh, if you say turtle do you hear "turd-le"?
I love everything about this derpy turtle. It looks dangerous, has a ridiculously silly name(in a good way) and is a fire/dragon type. I was expecting to see some praise for it, but then...Seems like I'm the only one who even likes it after reading the comments. Now I'm sad. :(
I was prepared for it when I saw everyone on Skype being disappointed in this guy. But if you love the Pokémon don't let the haters put you down! #Retweetable And don't worry I'm with you all the way <3
Turtonator? Not the worst design revealed, but definitely one of the weirdest. I'm thinking it's that weird looking nose that has everyone hating on it... if it had a beak, like a snapping turtle, it would have looked better. The name isn't the best either... if it's based of a Mata Mata turtle, why not Matanator?
I actually agree with you as far as the name goes, but I think the idea is that it's meant to market towards the little kiddies. Turtonator sounds "cooler" than Matanator since, as the Internet has already jumped on very quickly, it's got a Terminator vibe to it. Personally would have preferred Matantor, and I agree with you wholeheartedly about the yellow tube/nose instead of a beak!

I'm actually really excited about Turtonator! I love the ruggedness of its design and the theme of explosions was actually handled well IMO. It's taken a comic book approach to the whole idea of explosions with vibrant cartoony reds and yellows but that's really to be expected, and the fact that they threw another mini-explosion on its head is also really neat. The worst part of it is the weird face, more specifically the tube, but I think this is for a reason. In keeping with the theme of explosions, I believe Turtonator will learn all of the firing and shooting moves, like Rock Blast, Gunk Shot, Bullet Seed, Psybeam... kind of an Octillery 2.0! Octillery should still keep Octazooka, but maybe Turtonator will get that too. As such, the tube on its face, which somewhat resembles a barrel of a gun, seems more than appropriate. After all, guns use gunpowder to cause mini-explosions and propel a bullet, so it'd almost be a shame if Turtonator couldn't learn these moves.

Shell Trap will be mostly useless, I think. Something which I haven't seen anyone mention yet is that Shell Trap lite was already introduced in Generation VI under the guise of Powder, Vivillon's signature move. Obviously it's on a Pokémon with substantially worse defensive typing and only triggered on Fire-Type moves, but the whole idea of a Destiny Bond-esque trapping move never stirred up any interest, and I think it's for a reason. Destiny Bond sees some use because it's a good way for support Pokémon who are somewhat sacrificial later on in the battle (usually hazard setters like Froslass or Prankster support Pokémon like Banette-Mega) to get the last laugh when they inevitably faint. A Pokémon like Turtonator, whose design screams decent bulk with a strong offensive moveset and excellent defensive typing, wouldn't benefit from something like Destiny Bond. Shell Trap is a little different because I guess it's more likely not to die, but the only way Shell Trap would ever see use is if they make its offenses terrible so as to force players into using the move to generate any offensive pressure, which would make the Pokémon useless as a whole.

My only hope is that Shell Trap will also protect Turtonator's partner from physical attacks in double battles. Then it could see some use!

It's not hard to like. There's an obnoxious Pokemon in every region so if he's the one it's not so bad. :)

Wow... This is what they had to reveal? *sigh*

You know, after the last episode, I'm not really in the mood for crappy new pokémon like this one. At least, give us Ash-Greninja in the games so we can make a better use of it than Ash.
Wouldn't that make Ash omnipresent? He also doesn't age. That would make him some sort of god, or maybe even a Pokemon in and of himself.

Reminds me a lot of older pokemon designs, what with some of them being less "cute and cuddly creatures" and more "RPG enemies that you can capture" like Grimer and Muk.

Haven't really felt that way about a Pokémon since Gen II with Ursaring, Murkrow and Houndoom, and I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not.

Lol. When will you people learn that a Pokemon isn't worth what it looks like. It's so much more than that...who knows, Turtonator could be boss. Fire and Dragon typing is useful defensively. Turtonator is very unique. So glad it wasnt another bird or puppy (really? None of you bitch about that annoyingly consistent trait? haha.) Anyway, again, just play the games when they come out and be amazed by everything like we always are.

Back