• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format PRC-On Wailord-EX

LoneWolf2113

Now With Sablenite!
Pokemon - 11
4 Wailord-EX PRC
4 Celebi XY93
2 Suicune BKP
1 Bunnelby AT PRC

Trainers - 47
4 Ninja Boy
2 N
4 Delinquent
3 Team Flare Grunt
3 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Pokemon Ranger
4 Ultra Ball
4 Puzzle of Time
4 Trainers' Mail
4 VS Seeker
2 Crushing Hammer
3 Hard Charm
4 Max Potion
4 Rough Seas

Energy - 2
2 Water

Strategy:
So I got this idea from a post on thecharizardlounge.com where Andrew Wamboldt posted an article about what Steam Siege had to offer, in which he mentions a combo between Wailord-EX, Celebi XY93, and Ninja Boy. Celebi has an ability called Leap Through Time that says if Celebi would be knocked out by an attack, flip a coin, if heads shuffle Celebi and all cards attached to it into your deck. This doesn't count as a Knock Out. So the idea here is that you let Wailord take as much damage as possible, Ninja Boy into a Celebi and let it take the KO. If you flip heads, your opponent takes 0 prizes, and in the worst case they take one. Given that each prize taken on Celebi is a 50-50 chance, you can make your opponent take anywhere from 6 to 12 Knock Outs over the course of a game. The only immediate threats to this deck are Mega Sceptile and Garbodor, so I'm not quite sure how to tip that match in my favor. Any sugggestions would be awesome! Thanks guys!

LoneWolf2113

Here is Andrew Wamboldt's article:
http://thecharizardlounge.com/2016/08/03/steam-siege-set-review/

I'd recommend a few copies of Team Rocket's Handiwork, to help you out on your goal of decking your opponent out. You could probably drop 1 Ranger and 1 Delinquent for a pair of Rockets.

~SS

I'd recommend a few copies of Team Rocket's Handiwork, to help you out on your goal of decking your opponent out. You could probably drop 1 Ranger and 1 Delinquent for a pair of Rockets.

~SS
Additionally, remove Hard Charm completely. It will not be legal next season, as it is from XY Base. I suggest making it 3 Team Rocket's Handiwork instead of 2, +1 Crushing Hammer, and +1 Lysandre.

Additionally, remove Hard Charm completely. It will not be legal next season, as it is from XY Base. I suggest making it 3 Team Rocket's Handiwork instead of 2, +1 Crushing Hammer, and +1 Lysandre.

FFB could be a good idea, filling a similar role, giving you more time between Ninja Boy + Celebi drops.

~SS

The Wailord and Celebi combo is a superb idea for a rogue deck, I am not a big fan of Delinquent since my opponent would be choosing them instead of me, so I would say take out the Delinquent and Hard Charm, and replace with more copies of Crushing/Enhanced Hammer and Team Rocket's Handiwork.

Can't do much against Sceptile, just like my Houndoom/Bunnelby match against Greninja. I don't think they will let Garbodor run wild for too long, TPCI should be releasing some tool removal stuff in November set.

As long as you play like older Wailord decks, you should be fine against Garbodor. (Don't get too committed to Celebi)
Mega-Sceptile is not a horrible matchup. As long as you discard energies and Max Potion spam, you can win.

I'm not exactly sure about the ruling on Celebi, because it says it has to be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, and Ninja Boying it into something with way too many damage counters is a very sketchy interpretation of this, imo.
Ya nvm, I didn't read the ability clearly.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure about the ruling on Celebi, because it says it has to be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, and Ninja Boying it into something with way too many damage counters is a very sketchy interpretation of this, imo.
It does not say that it has to be knocked out by an attack it also has Theta stop rendering any damage dealing abilities useless against Celebi. :D

Attachments

• Promo.png
    Promo.png
    951.2 KB · Views: 10
Pokemon - 11
4 Wailord-EX PRC
4 Celebi XY93
2 Suicune BKP
1 Bunnelby AT PRC

Trainers - 47
4 Ninja Boy
2 N
4 Delinquent
3 Team Flare Grunt
3 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Pokemon Ranger
4 Ultra Ball
4 Puzzle of Time
4 Trainers' Mail
4 VS Seeker
2 Crushing Hammer
3 Hard Charm
4 Max Potion
4 Rough Seas

Energy - 2
2 Water

I recommend getting rid of the Suicune, not sure why you have him in there... kind of useless IMO. He has to be the active... and doesn't prevent damage so an easy knock out.

I would also recommend adding another team flare grunt,revitilizer or max revive for your celebis, and red card (for red card/delinquent plays).

Another possible tech could be Steam Siege's Aipom, his first ability ([C] Fiddle Around: Look at the top 3 cards of your opponent’s deck and put them back in any order.) could prove very disruptive after a red card/delinquent.

Also, switch the water for grass energy and celebi can take advantage as well.

Lastly, I have ran this deck (wrecks night march on current standard) and I can say... Lysandre is HUGE! It is likely that the opponent will get some sort of attacker up eventually, and when they do. you need to be able to get him out of the active position... so lysandre or escape rope. I prefer lysandre though because you get to pick and he can't just grab something with a float stone on it.

here is a wailord deck list that i have see run by a couple of people at my local league challenge it actually work surprisingly:

Pokémon - 10

* 2 Bunnelby PRC 121
* 2 Carbink FAC 50
* 2 Houndoom-EX BKT 21
* 4 Wailord-EX PRC 38

Trainer Cards - 46

* 4 Crushing Hammer GEN 60
* 4 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
* 2 Super Rod NVI 95
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 4 Team Rocket's Handiwork FAC 112
* 3 Team Flare Grunt XY 129