Alolan Raichu, Wishawashi, Pyukumuk, Morelull Revealed in Early Leaks!

Has anyone noticed that the background for Team Skull's battle intro is blue and pink? DIAMOND AND PEARL REMAKES CONFIRMED.

Wishiwashi looks cool. Also, the Gruzma Man reminds me of a guy from an old show, but I can't remember who..

Alolan Raichu was something I certainly wasn't expecting. It's got a really unique typing; Electric/Psychic. Ability name is rather out there, but seems like it has potential.

I do like it's design though, having it float on its tail looks really cute/cool.

They gave it no reason to adapt? So now it both looks like a joke, and has no reason to look like a joke!? I hate this Raichu...

All I'm going to say is that I need to see what these pokemon evolve into (bar wishiwashi which I'm sure is a standalone) to really have an opinion on them. Wishiwashi seems interesting tho. I like old raichu way more but this one certainly is cuter. Let's hope it'll be better in battle too.

I am lovingggg the 7th generation so far.

My favorite Pokemon is Wishiwashi (Tho the name is kinda silly xD). It's just amazing. Badass like Gyarados. I don't know why it doesn't just evolve but we will see how it goes. The school form looks really like something from the scary depths of the ocean.

I also love the regional forms. So unique. And they don't need to be stronger then original forms. Just different, to show how good Pokemon can adapt to the environment. They're not Mega evolutions so I don't expect all Alola forms to be some crazy good picks for tournaments etc.. I just enjoy how unique they are.

BTW. can anyone give me or pm me the link to supposed pokedex leak? I know it might not be true but I just wanna read through it.

Okay so what I'm confused on is; does that mean that Alolan Raichu and Alolan Marowak will start as regular Pikachu and a regular Cubone or will they will they have Alolan base forms like Vulpix and Sandshrew? Will Alolan Meowth evolve into an Alolan Persian?

I do like some of the Alolan Pokémon like the Raichu, Exeggcutor and Ninetales but honestly part of me almost feels like this is a cheap way of making 'new' Pokémon that aren't really new. I don't know if this is better or worse than the mega evolution 'solution' of last gen.

I wonder if we're even going to get mega evolutions in this generation. We know so little about it that it could be possible still but I would think we would have heard something mega related by now.

Awesome new Pokemon. The thing that interests me the most is the fact that they haven't officially revealed the sandcastle Pokemon and Bewear's prevolution.

It would be interesting to find out what the 'under certain condition' is for wishiwashi to transform in the the shoal form

One way is maybe you'll need to have multiple of them in your team? If you have have 6 of them lets say, it will eat into your 6 count pokemon in battle so the shoal form must have extra super power and super defense equal to roughly 6 individual pokemon. Then again 6 is a very small school of fish.

Alternatively because Wishiwashi is so small they only take up one spot in your pokeball no matter how many you catch. Then in battle one will call out for the others to come and join in.

Wishiwashi might be my favorite S+M Pokémon so far, besides Rowlet. The way they built up its School Form in the trailer was just awesome - first the leader gets rekt by Gyarados, and then they all swarm together to teach the big bully a thing or two. "Get schooled by Wishiwashi", indeed. The only thing I felt that was missing was a huge, intimidating roar when it went into School Form. That would've made it perfect.

Pyukumuku is adorable. At first I thought the Innards Out ability was just another version of Aftermath, but apparently not - it damages the opponent based on how much HP it had left before it was knocked out. So basically, if you try to one-shot it, you're in for some big trouble. I hope Pyukumuku gets an evolution with viable stats so I can see that ability put to good use in competitive play.

Morelull is another cute one. A Fairy-type mushroom is something I can appreciate.

Now that I've seen the Meowth and Marowak subspecies in action, I think I'm warming up to them. I'm on the fence when it comes to Alolan Raichu, though - the surfing-on-its-tail thing is amazing and funny, but its appearance is just too goofy for me.

BTW. can anyone give me or pm me the link to supposed pokedex leak? I know it might not be true but I just wanna read through it.
You can read it (and discussion about it) here :)

Seeing the Pokémon in action makes me like them even more! Love Morelull now, it's super cute and I hope it's evolution (assuming it has one) will look amazing! Wishiwashi, I love even more, though the solo form's mouth looks a bit weird to me, there's also something adorable about it. Pyukumuku looks really cute with it's punching organ too! All the Alolan forms look super good too! I really love Marowak's animations!

Also, are Pyokomuko, Morelull and Marowak using new moves? They don't really look like anything I've seen before (also Ancient Powers animation looks good too)!

Marowak became Fire type to protect its Cubone babies... Oh my, this evolutionary line keeps giving me feels 20 years later.

Love how Wishawashi scares even Gyarados lol

Okay so what I'm confused on is; does that mean that Alolan Raichu and Alolan Marowak will start as regular Pikachu and a regular Cubone or will they will they have Alolan base forms like Vulpix and Sandshrew? Will Alolan Meowth evolve into an Alolan Persian?

I wonder if we're even going to get mega evolutions in this generation. We know so little about it that it could be possible still but I would think we would have heard something mega related by now.

This also interests me because it'd make no sense for regular Pokemon to randomly evolve into Alolan form Pokemon or Alolan forme Pokemon evolve into regular Pokemon, especially when Sandslash and Ninetales have full Alolan evolution lines (also Cubone goes from Ground to Fire/Ghost so it most certainly wouldn't make sense). I think that there are Alolan Pikachu, Cubone, Exeggcute and Persian, they just haven't revealed them yet (we're getting tons of new information so we're not missing out). Also remember that in the Japanese trailer they cut from the evolution just before they evolve so it's yet another reason.

As for Mega Evolutions, I think that we will get new Mega Evolutions this generation as well. It'd make no sense for Pokemon to remove such a game-changing mechanic from the series. Looking back at the previous games, they made the mistake of revealing all of the new Mega Evolutions. So maybe this time they'll keep the new Mega Evolutions an actual secret for people to find in the game. You've also got to remember they only started revealing news in May, three months ago, and we've still got another three months to go and based on previous history, some of the best reveals come just before the release of the games.

Last edited:
Why weren't the sandcastles and Bewear's pre-evo revealed? Maybe next time...

HOW can anyone not like the adorable pokemon that is alolan raichu...

also im so glad for alolan forms because its yet another way that pokemon is reviving weak pokemon and bringing them back to the main stage. first it was megas, although that mainly pandered to fan favourites- then it was BREAK cards, which a lot of underrated pokemon recieved, and now its alolan forms. i dont think anyone would use exeggutor or raichu in a real match without this, so im glad to see them get another shot at usefulness!

i dont think anyone would use exeggutor or raichu in a real match without this, so im glad to see them get another shot at usefulness!

Well your not wrong about the mega stuff but Raichu and Exeggutor are fairly competitive Especially Exeggutor in gen 1 and raichu got faster in gen 6 so became a good fake out/encore pokemon. Also with only a change in type and ability known at the moment we cant be certain they well be any better than their original forms. But we can hope because i love exeggutor and i would love for it to have another chance at my new All Gen 7 team in either sun or moon or Star version. Had to put the skeptical 3rd game in there

Alolan Raichu is a nice nod to the Surfing Pikachu minigame, as well as that one episode of the original anime.

Definitely on board with the Electric/Psychic combo, no pun intended. While I would have loved for Electric Surge to give it's Electric Type attacks priority, I'm sure Electric Terrain will now certainly get it's uses.

Wishawashi, even though I already established it, has a great gimmick going on with it. School form sounds like a boss.

Pyukumuk is an interesting little thing to talk about. It's Ability is a lot like Aftermath. Unless I am wrong, it might just have the potential to be a free Destiny Bond. Even if that turns out false, it would be a nice quirk to differentiate itself from an already existing Ability.

Morelull seems pretty, I guess. Extra Grass/Fairy Types are always welcome in my book. I hope it has a noteworthy Hidden Ability, though.

Back