News New Volcanion and Magearna "Collector Chest" This November!

Finally we get that shiny mega Gengar! It's been like 2+ years! Anyways, I love these things, and I'm picking this up! :D

Wait doesn't this mean there needs to be a base gengar ex due to the phantom forces one rotating?

Wait doesn't this mean there needs to be a base gengar ex due to the phantom forces one rotating?

There is a chance.
Evolutions will get 5 Mega pokemons. One of them could be Shiny Mega Gengar, and there could be a Gengar EX in the set, who knows. :p

Kinda weird for them to be releasing the shiny version of Mega Gengar this late, especially since Phantom Forces is going to be retired as of months end.

Of course, with what Tobo said above, there's a chance that base Gengar EX could be reprinted in Generations, or in the first Sun/Moon packs. Though given Generations is focusing on the older Pokémon cards, I can imagine three of the EX slots are probably gonna be reserved for the original trio of Charizard/Blastoise/Venusaur.

WE STILL NEED A GENGAR-EX! I think it's great they're finally releasing Shiny M Gengar-EX, but I don't think it will be all that competitive. I'm still curious how we're going to get the rest of the base CP5 cards and FA Volcanion and Magearna. Love the artwork on Evolutions (Specifically that M Venasuar-EX, Grass/Psychic dual type anyone?)

Kinda weird for them to be releasing the shiny version of Mega Gengar this late, especially since Phantom Forces is going to be retired as of months end.

Of course, with what Tobo said above, there's a chance that base Gengar EX could be reprinted in Generations, or in the first Sun/Moon packs. Though given Generations is focusing on the older Pokémon cards, I can imagine three of the EX slots are probably gonna be reserved for the original trio of Charizard/Blastoise/Venusaur.
You mean Evolutions?

WE STILL NEED A GENGAR-EX! I think it's great they're finally releasing Shiny M Gengar-EX, but I don't think it will be all that competitive. I'm still curious how we're going to get the rest of the base CP5 cards and FA Volcanion and Magearna. Love the artwork on Evolutions (Specifically that M Venasuar-EX, Grass/Psychic dual type anyone?)

Oh man I'm all aboard the Grass/Psychic M-Venu card train!!! Although I'm really just hoping that it'll be competitively viable.

Finally we get that shiny mega Gengar! It's been like 2+ years! Anyways, I love these things, and I'm picking this up! :D

2+ is nothing. We have Japanese cards we're still 'waiting' for, that is if ignore the fact that we'll obviously never get them now. A lot of the Vending Machine series, a psychic Lugia EX and a steel Jirachi EX from the old ex days are a prime example.

Technically we don't need a Gengar EX, there is no rule saying this card has to be playable in standard now. On the other hand, we might see a Gengar EX in Evolutions or maybe through some other release.

Well I guess we know that M. Charizard (Y) EX will be in it. If we're lucky they won't choose to have M. Charizard (X) EX in it too.

Actually this is a neat little way of doing extra 'mythical' Pokémon since Volcanion and Magerna don't have boxes coming out for them. IIRC they're both new cards too, as opposed to reprints of cards we've already (or will be) getting.

I do wonder which other CP cards we'll be getting and how.

Thanks to Arceus for giving this "Lunch Box" XD. I'll gonna tell my friend about this.

BTW, are Volc, Mag, and Shiny M- Gengar will still counts as XY Promos in November? or they'll count as Sun and Moon promos?

I smel that FA Mag and FA Volc will be XY125 and 126!

Pack artwork is amazing! If only it showed the 5th Mega Evolution in it. Also confirms that we are getting Mega Charizard Y in the set. If the 5th Mega is that Gengar, I, and a lot of other fans, will be frustrated.
Speaking of Gengar, it's about time!
Also, if it wasn't revealed already, wouldn't this Magearna give us it's PokeDex number? (Of course, it isn't that big of a deal, 16 days isn't that big of a difference.)

Hahahaha... I know someone that's going to be both happy and disappointed about Shiny Mega Gengar. (He really likes Gengar, but this thing also won't be usable by the time it's released, lol.) Not the first time we've had an unusable legal card. Happens somewhat often with promos, and occasionally with promos added to English main sets.

I kinda want this just for the Volcanion tin. Even though those tins are impractical and I would never use it. >.>

Anyone know the promo numbers? I'd guess XY124-126

124 is going to be Pikachu Ex Full Art, so the answer is no. ;-)
I predict 125 and 126 will be Mewtwo & Mew from that ridiculous Generation Box.

Champions Festival might be 160, so I guess they will be 161-163 or even further.

Kinda tired of the same Pokémon being in the spotlight... Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Gardevoir, Gengar... and again, and again... There are a lot of forgotten Pokémon who deserve an EX or something, but here we go, after 10 prints of Garvedoir-EX and its mega, we have the 30th Charizard-EX and mega, Venusaur-EX and mega, Blastoise-EX and mega, now another M Gengar and likely another Gengar-EX will be in the set...

I'm starting to be tired.

Back