Discussion Confirmed Fake Rumor Catalog - Sun & Moon Edition [Games Out!]

This was recently confirmed fake. I don't know if you're just putting fake info here or not since everything seems to be images? But hey, never hurts to ask :>
It was? Because all of that info seems highly probable.
Especially with what's been leaked.
90 new Pokemon seems extremely likely. They're introducing less so that they can focus on Mega evolutions. But I'm not so fond of The whole Soul Bond idea.
Lillie being the villain's daughter seems highly likely, as she was introduced as a mysterious person.
And judging by the leaks of the starters final evos, the names, typings, and appearances seems accurate.
But who knows. The games come out in less than 4 months, and if I remember correctly, by the time XY were released, CoroCoro had already revealed ALL of the Mega evos and the entire Pokedex, save for what was discovered in the game files.
Only time will tell.

It was? Because all of that info seems highly probable.
Especially with what's been leaked.
90 new Pokemon seems extremely likely. They're introducing less so that they can focus on Mega evolutions. But I'm not so fond of The whole Soul Bond idea.
Lillie being the villain's daughter seems highly likely, as she was introduced as a mysterious person.
And judging by the leaks of the starters final evos, the names, typings, and appearances seems accurate.
But who knows. The games come out in less than 4 months, and if I remember correctly, by the time XY were released, CoroCoro had already revealed ALL of the Mega evos and the entire Pokedex, save for what was discovered in the game files.
Only time will tell.

It is presumed fake due to a statement the leaker made in their "I got fired so I hate my old job and the non-disclosure agreement I most certainly had to sign so now I'm going to jail"

They stated on July 6th that a new reveal video would be shown on the official channel the week of July 10-16th and will include a "new game feature named Bond Abilities which are basically an Ultimate move pokemon can achieve when your "Soul Bond" gauge is entirely filled up."

No video confirming such information was shown and its been a week and a half. So a crucial part of the leakers main story was falsified, so there is no longer any credible information from that leaker, who most likely made up names for the final evolutions that matched the already leaked Chinese concept art.

It is presumed fake due to a statement the leaker made in their "I got fired so I hate my old job and the non-disclosure agreement I most certainly had to sign so now I'm going to jail"

They stated on July 6th that a new reveal video would be shown on the official channel the week of July 10-16th and will include a "new game feature named Bond Abilities which are basically an Ultimate move pokemon can achieve when your "Soul Bond" gauge is entirely filled up."

No video confirming such information was shown and its been a week and a half. So a crucial part of the leakers main story was falsified, so there is no longer any credible information from that leaker, who most likely made up names for the final evolutions that matched the already leaked Chinese concept art.

Also stated Marshadow would be seen at the end of the Magearna movie. Marshadow never showed up lol. Not to mention it was posted on 4chan, which didn't help its credibility from the start.
I also highly doubt they're putting as much effort into Megas this gen, considering it was Gen 6's main gimmick.
Definitely fake.

Also stated Marshadow would be seen at the end of the Magearna movie. Marshadow never showed up lol. Not to mention it was posted on 4chan, which didn't help its credibility from the start.
I also highly doubt they're putting as much effort into Megas this gen, considering it was Gen 6's main gimmick.
Definitely fake.

(Sorry guys, kinda fell behind while I was on vacation the past 2 weeks ^^; )

I agree, it does sound fishy, but there is enough plausible info in that particular screencap to let it stay a rumor for now. Since the rumor set in question is primarily based around the bracelets (the greentext has been floating around the rumor mill for a while now), I'll hold off adding it until confirmed info on them is released.

As for the other rumors this person posted, time will tell. We had at least one instance during X and Y where beta testers leaked legitimate info along with some fake rumors in order to throw Nintendo off the trail. Heck, if I remember correctly Binacle was originally leaked in our forums by a reporter with a review copy, only for him to say it was fake and take the picture down shortly afterwards.

Regardless, if these or other screencapped text rumors end up being fake, I have no problem making a confirmed fake rumors section to put them in. That was one of the main sections in the original X/Y CFRC, after all.

Last edited:

Leaked Chinese concept art? I'm pretty sure no one has yet made clear that the concept art and the chinese leak belong together for sure. The only thing that matches between them is that the chinese leak mentioned a Siren, Archer and Wrestler for the Starter Final Evos, which the anime concept art just happens to show. There hasn't been any sign that the concept art itself came from/ or belongs to the said Chinese leak in question, seeing as the concept art had surfaced several months before the Chinese leak came out. They're still seperate from one another, at least from what I can gather from other gaming forums and the like.

1469371724789_by_steffenka-dabbr0y.png

Goodness, these are the creepiest pokemon I've ever seen. Look at the smile on that clown thing, for heaven's sakes. Even H.R. Giger wouldn't be able to come up with something worse than that.

I posted this in another thread...
13900368_1336633003031833_4469147606578533668_n.jpg

13902732_1336627196365747_1744619103998978390_n.jpg
This pretty much confirms this leak. People were wondering what this was, and if she was a real character, then that would make this real. She's real, this is real, and I get my Entermaid. :D

Am I the only one that really did NOT want those leaks to be true? I just could not click with those evolutions, I dont know if its because they are to "human oriented" or what, but Im just not feeling it.

Ill start with my least favorite... I really liked Litten and he was my initial choice, figured he would turn into a feral tiger-esque thing, but instead... a big buff wrestler cat thats anthro? (and look at the giant hands!)
And Popplio, my second choice for being so heckin cute and sadly unpopular, turns into a very girly mermaid with long flowing feminine hair? It makes sense for Water/Fairy I suppose, but ugh, the tomboy in me is cringing. I really wanted Popplio to stay cute and goofy, not hit puberty....
Rowlet's is the only one I can somewhat enjoy looking at, and while I still liked Rowlet, he wasnt my first choice in starter. I kinda like the hood he has and the whole archer theme he has going, I guess my only real complaint is that it just wasnt what I was expecting.

Overall, I just feel the starter evos used more human elements than I would have liked. Its funny actually, my preferences in starter choice have flipped. It went in order from Litten, Popplio, Rowlet to Rowlet, Popplio, and Litten.

Its very unlike me to be bitter about starter evolutions, usually I am very accepting and excited to see the info.
Who knows, maybe give it some time and I will warm up to them. I HATED Oshawott at his reveal, but now I adore him. Or, I can always do what I did with my X/Y run, and never evolve it. I kept my Chespin as a Chespin throughout the whole game :p

Of course this IS all assuming that this info is real, which by now, it seems to be. If you look, you can even see small elements of Rowlets evo in Mallows design (the X shape repeats on the evos neck and on Mallow's headband, Mallow's hair compared to the tassels on the evos hood, etc) I also see similar elements with Littens evo and Kiawe's design (color, red/black patterns, the way he holds himself, he also has what seems to be tiger stripe tats on his shoulders), but I dont see a lot of similarities with Lana and Popplios design other than color and the eyes.

Last edited:
So it was true after all? fire-fighting panther and all?

Fine, why not? I'll get the pretty mermaid; each generation, I dislike at least two of the final stages anyway, so we might as well get that out of the way already.

So it was true after all? fire-fighting panther and all?

Fine, why not? I'll get the pretty mermaid; each generation, I dislike at least two of the final stages anyway, so we might as well get that out of the way already.
The tiger is supposed to be fire/dark

And Popplio, my second choice for being so heckin cute and sadly unpopular, turns into a very girly mermaid with long flowing feminine hair? It makes sense for Water/Fairy I suppose, but ugh, the tomboy in me is cringing. I really wanted Popplio to stay cute and goofy, not hit puberty....
What's wrong with it being feminine? If anything allowing to be feminine and able to be both genders is progressive, we shouldn't even be worrying about whether it's masculine or feminine. This evo for Popplio is great! Not only is it literally a selkie, but it has a nice little "ugly duckling" narrative too.

Last edited:
The tiger is supposed to be fire/dark

What's wrong with it being feminine? If anything allowing to be feminine and able to be both genders is progressive, we shouldn't even be worrying about whether it's masculine or feminine. This evo for Popplio is great! Not only is it literally a selkie, but it has a nice little "ugly duckling" narrative too.

I DO appreciate the notion that allowing it to be feminine yet either gender is progressive, there is NOTHING wrong with that, dont get me wrong. Feminine things just tend to turn me off, anything girly is just kinda "ick" to me. I can appreciate Popplios evo's beauty a little more the more I look at it, but what can I say, its just not for me. Ive been a tomboy all my life so I just tend to prefer more unisex things. (The same goes with Littens evo for how masculine it is, its just kind of a turn-off for me)
The "ugly duckling" narrative is cute too, but I thought Popplio was cute as a button to begin with.

Found these on 4chan, all are (claimed to be) fake:
*Note: I uploaded them all to my sta.sh, so they won't be deleted unless I do so :)
4chan_fake_leaks__pt_2__by_steffenka-d9x7vb7.png

The top left picture isn't a fake scan. They're actual pokemon from the (greatly done) fan-hack Pokemon Sage. (An incredible game imo). I strongly believe that Rowlet's design was inspired by the grass type bird.

So these just hit the Internet and since they were originally found on 4chan I would assume they're fake, BUT the formatting of the sketches is very similar to some Noivern sketches from the anime. I would peg them as fake, but you never know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also wouldn't be mad at a fire/fighting Litten evo with that design.

With a heavy heart I must say that these scans are 98% true. I absolutely hate Litten's evolution. But if you take a closer look on the human in the picture with the evolution you see a girl. It's the same "green" one which was revealed yesterday. JUST take a look on these and this.

I'd also suggest posting the Chinese Leaks, which so far have proven to be true!

Last edited:
The top left picture isn't a fake scan. They're actual pokemon from the (greatly done) fan-hack Pokemon Sage. (An incredible game imo). I strongly believe that Rowlet's design was inspired by the grass type bird.
Well, that would make them fake, considering they're not actual real Pokémon. The whole collage is filled with fakemon, that at some point circulated 4chan with someone claiming they were real - that's why they're in there :p

With a heavy heart I must say that these scans are 98% true. I absolutely hate Litten's evolution. But if you take a closer look on the human in the picture with the evolution you see a girl. It's the same "green" one which was revealed yesterday. JUST take a look on these and this.

I'd also suggest posting the Chinese Leaks, which so far have proven to be true!
In case you've missed it, we have discussed the chinese leaks, as well as the final starter concept art over here in this thread, where the Mallow picture, as well as potential new parts to the leak has been discussed throughout the last couple of days :)

Well, that would make them fake, considering they're not actual real Pokémon. The whole collage is filled with fakemon, that at some point circulated 4chan with someone claiming they were real - that's why they're in there :p

In case you've missed it, we have discussed the chinese leaks, as well as the final starter concept art over here in this thread, where the Mallow picture, as well as potential new parts to the leak has been discussed throughout the last couple of days :)

I guess that's true, but isn't a fakemon a pokemon design, created with the intention of fooling the others? Or just "any" non-canon pokemon? :p

Yeah, it seems I missed those... Personally I believe 95% of these are true, much like with the previous Gen & Pokebeach. However, I have 1 wish. Please make the leak with "Alternate Form, if evolved in Day/Night" for Starters... I REALLY can't stand that Litten/Superman design. Can't we finally take a quadruple Fire Pokemon, for crying out loud? :/

I guess that's true, but isn't a fakemon a pokemon design, created with the intention of fooling the others? Or just "any" non-canon pokemon? :p

Yeah, it seems I missed those... Personally I believe 95% of these are true, much like with the previous Gen & Pokebeach. However, I have 1 wish. Please make the leak with "Alternate Form, if evolved in Day/Night" for Starters... I REALLY can't stand that Litten/Superman design. Can't we finally take a quadruple Fire Pokemon, for crying out loud? :/

I really hope that the alternate form is the "secret" that Rockruff and the starters share, all my friends dislike the starters evos... And an alternate form is the solution for a lot of fans: Is the way to make most people happy with they starters

I really hope that the alternate form is the "secret" that Rockruff and the starters share, all my friends dislike the starters evos... And an alternate form is the solution for a lot of fans: Is the way to make most people happy with they starters
Personally, I find Rwolett's evolution pretty darn good. I always liked Robin hood. Popplio's is also decent, however the "Siren" dictates a female gender for the pokemon, which is the second time it has happened (after Braixen). Male popplio evo having eyelashes is weird. And on to Littens evo. It's darn horrible. I can't believe something like this was made. Who would have thought of a "Pokemon cat wrestler?" It's a freaking cat! It's supposed to be an evo like Raikou/Suicune/Entei the three dogs. We need more of these and less of bipedal pokemon. And it's the opposite of popplio. How on earth would the female Litten work? It's stupid... >.<

However, I do agree. Like Charizard, they were very cautious with its evo. Every Mega evolution they made was just Add-ons on the first three starters. Though, Charizard received extra help by creating the beast black/blue form. It must be the best of both words... However, I'm very curious to see if we'll have those 2 forms. They can please more fans with it.

What pisses me off most is that it's not like GF doesn't know how to make good looking pokemon. Dark/Blue Mega Charizard proves that, and even some of Alola Pokemon as well. It's the fact that they DO know how to make a decent pokemon, but waste their talent and effort on some stupid designs. Mega Swampert was a MAJOR disappointment. Chestnaught(y) as well. And if Litten follows the same path then... I don't know...

Back