Alolan Forms, New Pokemon, Island Challenges, and Z-Moves in 'Sun' and 'Moon'!

nessiokain

Aspiring Trainer
I don't understand some of y'all on this silly website and your taste in pokemon. These are beautiful & Exeggutor's nod back to that Jungle set boxart (whether... intentional or not), as somebody else pointed out already, is neat. I always feel like I have to post on these to lower the percentage of haters, lol.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Meh...

Alola forms... It's a nice ideia but it didn't remind me of Delta Species, it actually reminded me of how in Digimon they've always had variations of species (like Agumon, BlackAgumon, SnowAgumon, etc.), and now we have our version of that in Pokémon... which is a mixed feeling for me. The new forms look nice (expect Exeggutor) but I prefer the originals. While there's certainly the possibility of there being forms like these for non-Gen 1 Pokémon, this just feels like they're trying to highlight Gen 1 pokémon once again. In fact, a lot of things about these games look that way, throwbacks to the first gen and I know this is the 20th anniversary year but I would like them to also care about other gens.

As for the new pokémon, none of them look bad but none stand out for me either other than Lurantis, which still annoys me because it's a pure Grass and it looks like it could be part-Fairy. What's the problem with GameFreak and joining the Grass and Fairy types together? Florges, Comfey, Lurantis (also Bellossom could have been retyped as part-Fairy, never liked that Gloom loses a type when evolving). For me Fairy and Grass are like Rock and Ground, they just fit well together and there should be more pokémon with that type combination other than Cottonee/Whimsicott... Lurantis being pure Grass also makes it a bit boring competitively.
I like that Mudbray looks like a donkey. Makes me think Mudsdale shouls have been a donkey too. I've always preferred donkeys over horses for wtv reason.
Minior is freakin' weird. Are the cores supposed to have different stats?
Finally, they had to make Gumshoos look even more like Trump than Yungoos (which I didn't really notice until people pointed it out back then). Freakin' disgusting...
Are the little birds supposed to have some connection to Tapu Koko and the other guardian deities?
Cause there's one form for each island but after seeing the island captains, I would guess the types of the other guardians are Water, Fire and Grass paired with Fairy. (This is one of the things I was referring to when I was talking about Gen 1 throwbacks - 4 pokémon whose primary types are the same as the starters and Pikachu).

Am I the only one who prefers the traditional gyms?

Riding pokémon is cool and if they replace HMs, even better but I would like to actually ride my own Charizard, not a rental one.

Z-Moves, Z-Ring, Z-Crystal... ffs, just apologize for not making a Z game, GF... Z-moves are stupid.
Using an held item to boost your pokémon stats and give it a cool new form (ie: Megas) is perfectly acceptable but having to hold an item and having our character do weird poses just to use a super powerful move is freakin' lame, period.

Speaking of powerful forms, where the hell are my Megas??? Actually, it doesn't have to be Megas, it could be something similar... Seriously, if they removed (Arceus forbid) or we don't get access to Megas in these games, I'll skip them and any following games until they put them back in. To be fair, I doubt they will remove the already existing ones but with TrollFreak, you never know... It's stuff like these that give me trust issues and prevent me form pre-ordering these game...

Nahiri

Never gonna be President now
So Nintendo said that the new game works with the rerelease of Red/Blue/Yellow.... So my question is when we transfer an old Ninetales will it turn into the new ice/fairy form with its pervious fire moves??

Why would it? The new Alolan forms are the result of genetic diversity and evolution. That's like saying you took an African lion to Asia and it's suddenly an Asiatic lion. :/

roastbeef56

Aspiring Trainer
Oh my God they made Delta Species a thing on the games. And apparently Trials replace gyms? Good riddance. Man, I feel like anything can happen from now on.

Ok guys now I'm hyped choo choo

EDIT: OMG guys what if Poké Rides replace friggin HMs???

I was thinking the exact thing about the HMs. I would love this. I hate wasting a valuable move space for those.

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
Please let Mudsdale have a pre/evo, please let Mudsdale have a pre/evo, PLEASE let Mudsdale have a pre/evo

Strike-through no more! My valiant steed has a pre-evo and shall carry me to glory!

Also: SNOW VULPIX! SNOOOOOOW VULPIX! SNOPIX! AHHHHHHH

Also also:
tumblr_ob8iyxUH1i1rv6iido2_540.jpg

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Ice being my favorite type, I'm loving the new Vulpix/Sandshrew lines. I've been dreaming of an Ice-Type Persian form, which doesn't seem like such a crazy idea now! *crosses fingers that Meowth will get this treatment*

(Hopefully there will be a way to change Pokémon imported from previous games to these forms.)

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Once again: absolutely nowhere Nintendo confirms that gyms are not in the game. So it might be they still are. Stop saying they aren't in the games. I still believe they are. As are HM moves and Mega Pokemon. absolutely no reason to exclusude them.

But what bothers me is that everyone keeps saying: no gyms. But there is no prove of that. Just asumptions....

Sashlyr

Aspiring Trainer
Love all new pokemon. I really need this game in my life

Also, fingers crossed for fire Cubone and Marowak!

professorlight

Ice Queen
At first, I was baffled by these "forms". But, an absolutely gorgeous Ice/fairy type vulpix and ninetales?

zI2PfyT9VIcLeyjQ2zGOzqK68GefsU31qKPDATdg_wS_LbKPLo6GEjW0Wgj2-L0Tr4hCYKeuIilVz4Q=w1920-h950

Yes! I love them!

I don't care about the rest of the generation; they could be 118 bad remakes of grimer and I still wouldn't care! I want those darlings on my team, Right. Now.

They're made for me; they said "hey, let's give Light something this generation, guys" "how about two of her favorite pokemon changed to her favorite types?" "yes, and make them even more gorgeous than they used to be."

Oh, and there's a frilly grass-type mantis pokemon too? Not bad. Had they revealed them any other day, I would have been happy. But the bar was set too high today.

Last edited:

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
You could ride on mamoswine in BW
That was actually also in XY, along with Skiddo and the two you mentioned. No Pokémon could be ridden in BW.

Anyways, I'm really excited to see what Pokémon we're able to ride! So far Sharpedo, Lapras, Tauros, Stoutland, Charizard and Mudsdale have been confirmed rideable, and I'm hoping for some more aerial rideable Pokémon! Perhaps Drifblim?
I'm also curious to how encountering Pokémon on water will be now that the player can be seen behind the Pokémon. Will the player just stand there, or will he/she be sitting on the Lapras/Sharpedo/whatever other Pokémon that'll be rideable on water?

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Island Challenges?

Are they Sun/Moon's version of the gym?

Z-Moves?

Please don't tell me that signals the downfall of Ash in the Kalos League Finals on Thursday(in Japan)... Please don't tell me Ash's Greninja phenomenon is really the precursor to a Z-move(if so, that could explain that Z-Moves existed before the specifics behind it were told in full today, and that the phenomenon wasn't explained to us until the time was right in TPCi's mind to do so)... If another trainer uses a Z-Move to give Ash-Greninja some competition... The "normal" league loss might occur(unless the writers find away to make sure Ash won't sit around waiting for challengers after Champions' League battles in case he wins it all--the end of the anime is something that we think could happen if he wins a major league, and everyone knows that sitting around waiting for challengers over adventuring and taking the fight to wherever place they have to pass through forces people to lose interest, ushering in the end of the anime in the process... unless TPCi says otherwise to defy our thoughts)and then it will be on to the next region!

edit: Uh oh... What will TPCi do now... Judging from future episode titles... He just might be a league victor... Z-Moves... Perhaps Ash-Greninja inspired such Z-Move concept for use in these new games...

Last edited:

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
Before, well in Y, you needed a Pokémon in your party with Fly and Surf at all times in order to go anywhere, now you don't. I actually have never flown on Latios or Latias in Omega Ruby so I don't know what that's like. But I remember people not wanting HM moves on their team.