New Absol Promo and Classic Energy Reprints for Japan!

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Oh my god. These are very good. Nice to see this. my hope for a Full Art professor Oak with base set art is great.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
I hope the three shown aren't the real artwork of the energies, as there are small details that make them differ too much from the others:

-The Metal Energy shouldn't have the Streak Lines on them. It makes the 'Energy' title above look less unified to me.

-Each of the three have very different lighting - notice how the top six have the same particular white dot of hard lighting bouncing off of them, while the Fairy/Metal energy shows the light fading softly on it, and the Dark one showing the light reflecting at a different angle.

Yes, these might be somewhat critical comments, but they do make the energy set as a whole not as nostalgic as they could be...

Nahiri

Never gonna be President now
They look so good! I'm excited about all the really nice reprints to come!

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Everything is going retro in November! Well, almost everything... Some cards from Base Set are taboo nowadays, so...

^ Also, the possibility of seeing Oak as a supporter could make a similar scenario possible: The Juniper vs. Sycamore rule... You can't have both in the same deck... Imagine one trying to enter a tourney with both Oak and Sycamore... Then getting rejected for the reason of the cards having same effect as one another: Discard hand and draw 7...

^ Anyway, nice retro Energy!

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
oooh! I love those energies! I want those! I'll run those energies when I am making decks for TCG ONE, instead of the ones for Generations. If these were included in Evolutions, it means that they're ready for the next rotation next year.

Gamerdynasty4ever

Aspiring Trainer
Dude! I was there today!!!! I wish I saw you. Wait never mind because I don't know who you look like and I am sure you don't know who I am. It be great to meet you!

Shiny Shinx

WE ARE IN THE BEAM
Oh my god. These are very good. Nice to see this. my hope for a Full Art professor Oak with base set art is great.

Hopefully that never, ever, happens, since Bill's already been ruined, I'd hate for the single best card in Unlimited to be nerfed as well.

I hope the three shown aren't the real artwork of the energies, as there are small details that make them differ too much from the others:

-The Metal Energy shouldn't have the Streak Lines on them. It makes the 'Energy' title above look less unified to me.

-Each of the three have very different lighting - notice how the top six have the same particular white dot of hard lighting bouncing off of them, while the Fairy/Metal energy shows the light fading softly on it, and the Dark one showing the light reflecting at a different angle.

Yes, these might be somewhat critical comments, but they do make the energy set as a whole not as nostalgic as they could be...

I'd figure the reason for the differences is the fact that TPCI no longer have the services of Keiji Kinebuchi at their disposal, seeing as it appears that the original six are all direct reprints of his artwork.

~SS

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Hopefully that never, ever, happens, since Bill's already been ruined, I'd hate for the single best card in Unlimited to be nerfed as well.

To be honest, Unlimited isn't a real format. Its a format people play where they use any card they want for fun. I want a full art Professor Oak card and im sure other 'genwunners' want it as well. if anything, Unlimited could use the balance. Since the only thing being 'reprinted' here is the artwork. The old Professor Oak card could be called Prof. Oak, use the Base Set artwork and have the same effect without affecting the Base Set print or they can make a ruling to where the Old Professor Oak card acts differently than the new Professor Oak card but either way I don't really care what they choose to do. I just want a Full Art Professor Oak with base set artwork!

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
To be honest, Unlimited isn't a real format. Its a format people play where they use any card they want for fun. I want a full art Professor Oak card and im sure other 'genwunners' want it as well. if anything, Unlimited could use the balance. Since the only thing being 'reprinted' here is the artwork. The old Professor Oak card could be called Prof. Oak, use the Base Set artwork and have the same effect without affecting the Base Set print or they can make a ruling to where the Old Professor Oak card acts differently than the new Professor Oak card but either way I don't really care what they choose to do. I just want a Full Art Professor Oak with base set artwork!

Full art oak would be awesome in Evolutions

Coolpilot

Bisharps don't know 'bout my Togekiss
Advanced Member
Considering that the main part of the energy looks exactly the same as the current energies - only the border really makes it look like the Base Set - I'm not that impressed, really. I'll keep on using my Generations energy - at least they look more unique. :p