Bounsweet, Bewear, Comfey, Mudsdale, Mimikyu, Wimpod!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So what do we think: Bounsweet, Mimikyou, Wimpod, and Comfey evolve? The other two seem to be single stages. But who knows? I'm very excited.

Bounsweet probably evolves. Wimpod I sure hope evolves but it could be a gimmick mon. Bewear and Comfey I feel could go either way. Mimikyu is probably a single stage line. Mudsdale probably doesn't evolve but it might have a pre-evolution. Kind of hard to tell what evolves and what doesn't, I've been surprised before with how a new Pokemon fits within its family (I would've never guessed that Gothitelle and Reuniclus were the final evolution in a 3 stage line when they were first revealed, for instance).

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I've always like the idea of increasing stats past the limit. Right now in Pokemon SMD, my Vaporeon and Pidgeot have 255 in almost each stat thats not HP so I look forward of doing the same thing here as well!

fleshrum

Cephalophore
omg, IV training? Oh my god. The phrase "my in-game team" will no longer be a qualifier, but a threat.

I can't wait to not be ashamed of my imperfectly perfect wild-caught Pokémon. I can't wait.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Oh right, Comfey is based on a ley. How did I not see that immediately?

Also, what is it with Game Freak making flower Pokemon pure Fairy? First the Flabebe line and now Comfey.

garbodorable

Aspiring Trainer
I like Bewear and Mimikyu even more after seeing them in action. Bewear's size and posture really make it unique and nail home the costume mascot inspiration. And Mimikyu's sad head droop when its disguise is busted is just hilarious.

About Mudsdale's weight: what this illustrates is they've been making Pokemon WAY too light all along. 2,000 lbs is a real-world horse. I can't believe Regigigas, Snorlax, Steelix, and like every legendary all fall below that. Pokemon are all basically big balloons!

MechanicalMarine

Princess Peach
Not sure if this has been pointed out, but a small situation I thought of, what if Bewear is hit with a physical Fire-type move, like Fire Punch? Would it do normal damage, due to both affects of its ability? Just a though.

garbodorable

Aspiring Trainer
Oh right, Comfey is based on a ley. How did I not see that immediately?

Also, what is it with Game Freak making flower Pokemon pure Fairy? First the Flabebe line and now Comfey.

This bothers me a bit too, if only because the design spaces for those types is overlapping and you can't always tell by looking at something whether it's a Grass or Fairy type.

But that happens sometimes with other pairs, like Rock and Ground or Poison and Dark. It makes sense that Fairy types would interact with elements of nature, like flowers. Plus you could say Flabebe and Comfey aren't flower pokemon at all, they just cling to or wear flowers.

Sevus

Aspiring Trainer
So, thinking about it, Hyper Training might also be an answer to how they're going to handle the DV/IV change when you send Pokémon from the VC Gen I releases forward. Gen I Pokémon being capped at 15 for their IVs isn't that big of an issue if you can IV train them.

No idea what they're going to do with Stat Experience -> EVs though. Maybe just zero them out.

professorlight

Ice Queen
Ugh, back to form so soon?

A cherubi clone, a flabèbe clone (seriously, they already were pushing it with three stages of the same concept), and a dirty, ugly rasta horse. The silverfish is the only one remotely interesting, and even then, it will most likely be one of the throwaway pokemon of the generation for most.

And "Bewear"? that's such a silly pun I don't know if it's genius or dumb.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
It makes sense that Fairy types would interact with elements of nature, like flowers. Plus you could say Flabebe and Comfey aren't flower pokemon at all, they just cling to or wear flowers.

Flabebe and its flower is a symbiotic relationship. Flabebe (and it's evolution, Floette) can't really live without the flower; and the flower communally lives with the Pokemon.

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
These Pokemon are all pretty interesting (with the exception of Bounsweet):

Hyper Training is extremely interesting. It allows you to make your level 100 even stronger (people are going to have a lot of level 100 Pokemon thanks to the duplication glitch in Red/Blue). I wonder how it'll work; all we know is that we can make you level 100 Pokemon stronger by increasing their stats; we don't how much we can increase them by.

The trailer shows us Pikachu's stats increase from:
Hp: 185 -> 211 : +26
Attack: 125 -> 146 : +21
Defense: 92 -> 116 : +24
Speed: 194 -> 216 : +22
Sp Def: 103 -> 122 : +19
Sp Atk: 134 -> 149 : +15

I'm still trying to understand what Hyper Training does... At first sight, it just looks like Super Training with a slightly different name. People here talking about increasing IVs... As awesome as that would be, I doubt that's what it does. On the other hand, the official description says we can increase the stats of Lv. 100 Pokémon which wasn't possible before and that's not true, since we can EV train Lv. 100 Pokémon since Gen V so yeah... Probably not as new as they say...

The stats that Pikachu gets after Hyper Training match those of a 6 IV Lv 100 Rash Pikachu, so I'm pretty sure it increases IVs.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, the Hyper Training will increase the IVs, and that's awesome!

I've seen that confirmed on other sites as well... I guess my disbelief came from me thinking it was too good to be true. Now that I have no more doubts about it:
HOLY S...! This is amazing!! I was just hatching eggs the other day to get a Charmander with better IVs, had I knew about this before, I wouldn't have had to go through the trouble of it... I've always hated IVs. We could catch a pokémon with the right nature, the right ability and all those things perfectly aligned and when you went to check its IVs there would always be at least be one freakin' IV, usually, the most imporant one for that Pokémon, that would be screwed up...
We still don't know how hard it will be to get those Bottle Caps, but I have a couple of my old Pokémon in desparate need of increasing their IVs and I already know which one will be the first to abuse this. My Platinum's Giratina has a Rash nature and a pathetic Sp. Atk IV of 1. That always pissed me off. I'll now be able to make it the good Pokémon it was supposed to be!

Now, we have a way to change the ability slot of our Pokémon (although a way to change to the Hidden ability slot would be welcome too). We have a way to easily accelerate EV Training (assuming Super Training is also back). We have a new way to increase our Pokémon's IVs... Now all they have to do is create a way for us to change our Pokémon's nature and we're set. No more imperfect Pokémon!

I've seen a lot of comments about Mimikyu's ability and the "Then its appearance changes" dialogue.
The appearance change is after Mimikyu gets hit and the ability procs, the large fake Pikachu head deflates and limps to the side to signal that the ability is no longer active.

They meant That? I don't really count that as a change of appearance but ok.

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
Please let Mudsdale have a pre/evo, please let Mudsdale have a pre/evo, PLEASE let Mudsdale have a pre/evo

I have been waiting years for a Clydesdale pokemon~ But.... I'm scared that it'll turn out to be a stand-alone, and I don't use those as a rule ;-;

Hopefully with that size it'll end up with a pre-evo, though I was surprised by the single typing. I would have pegged it as Ground/Fire for sure, and I really doubt it's a mid-evo. Regardless, it's definitely my fave of the reveals

Ultradc333

Aspiring Trainer
Bottle cap collector? Doesn't that sound familiar?

Attachments

• tumblr_nriup5jWx31sjhfmco1_1280.gif
    tumblr_nriup5jWx31sjhfmco1_1280.gif
    915.9 KB · Views: 4

Nahiri

Never gonna be President now
So, thinking about it, Hyper Training might also be an answer to how they're going to handle the DV/IV change when you send Pokémon from the VC Gen I releases forward. Gen I Pokémon being capped at 15 for their IVs isn't that big of an issue if you can IV train them.

Potential full EV/IV No Guard Machamp if old moves can be bred down? Heck yeah.

And I can't wait to make my Bubble Beam Nidoking viable, if only for giggles.