New Bear Pokemon Kiteruguma and Ghost Pokemon Mimikkyu in 'CoroCoro!'

With "Mimik" in its name and an Ability called Disguise, I wonder if its appearance can change based on Pokemon in play or in your party, a la Zoroark.

Quite unique Pokémon this time. They make me intrigued.

What about the English names, though? I've read some who want to call the Ghost-Pokémon "Pikaboo"! :rolleyes:

Teddyhug & Booguise/Mimiboo? :p

The Ghost Pokemon Pikachu thing with the hidden stuff is way 2 Spooky 4 Me ;) and the hugging bear (literal bear hugs) is a horrible excuse of a Pokemon seemingly made purely for a pun. Overall, the worst Non-Burxish, Non-Charjabug 7th Gen Pokemon revealed to date.

Mimikkyu is amazing imo. Its tail thing reminds me of Wobbuffet's tail. The Fairy/Ghost type is also very interesting. I wonder if it evolves..

The other one is kinda boring..

Honestly, the bear is my least favorite Pokémon EVER so far. The Spookacu is pretty cool though. I'm worried that the lame bear is Komala Evolution

I don't mind the new Pokémon, but they're definitely not my favourites either. I think Mimikkyu is cute, and I hope the content under its veil is revealed! Kiteruguma, is also cute, but I think I would like it better if its body didn't remind me of a sausage when seen from behind... :/

These are different (never a bad thing) and it's nice to see not everything is going to be all tropical themed. Literal bear hugs and Pika clones. I can dig it. I stand by saying there are no "bad" Pokemon, there's some I dont like all that much from each gen and some from each gen I love unconditionally but they all add to the tapestry.

I like the ghost one, but the bear is very boring. I mean we have a Pokémon like that in every region, Pangoro, Ursaring, etc.

Ghostchu looks interesting, however for me the bear looks kinda plain u.u

Wow, after grumpy cat-looking Litten we have this pedo bear-looking thing. I see you Nintendo. That ghost type has a great typing and interesting description, hope it evolves into something good.

... Fine.

You win this round, sugimori.

I love that they've gone straight into dark humor with these two. I mean, a hug-prone bear that will (of course) break you right in half, because it's still a damn bear? they might as well call it "the ironic death pokemon".
And a ghost that wears a creepily drawn pikachu skin in a futile effort to be equally popular? if this wasn't PG13, I bet they would have had him outright skin the rat and wear it as a suit. Love it. I'll probably won't use it, but knowing there's a "psychotic fan pokemon" out there and its target is pikachu makes me so happy.

I'm probably not the first to notice, but the colour scheme and especially the tail of Kiteruguma seem to be based of off the Red Panda, an animal that is sort of like a redish-orange raccoon.

Yeah the bear is uninspired (and not even cute for looking exactly like a Teddy bear). I also find Normal/X type combos less than compelling, is that just me?

On the other hand Mimikkyu is great. Cool type combo too -- THREE immunities and only two uncommon resistances.

Back