Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
hmm... How about buffing Mega Pokémon instead of constantly making cards to counter them when most of them aren't that good to begin with? Just a thought, PCL...

I'm pretty sure they're nerfing Mega Pokemon in the same way they are nerfing EXs (to some extent), so they can remodel the format into evolution/Stage decks rather than EX decks.

Kawaki

Aspiring Trainer
If this blocked one round of EX attacks I think this would be huge, but Mega Evolutions just aren't that prevalent.

AngryGroudon

Not an aspiring trainer
As a former Mega Gallade player, I think this is a much better alternative. There is more dark support, and being a BREAK, it doesn't need a spirit link which gives room for a tool, it can use it's previous evolution's attacks (not that that matters too much, but it's a bonus), and you don't have to risk two prizes. Great artwork, too. I barley play the TCG anymore, but I want this card!

Darkpoison64

Aspiring Trainer
I love this artwork of Nidoran! The shine from the sun and just the texture on the buildings is really thought out, such a pretty card for a basic. Reminds me of the primal clash omega barrage nidoqueen. Hopeful Nidoking will be dual type so he can use dimension valley or fighting stadium and strong energy + focus sash + regirock!

If they can make a shiny azumaril water/fairy then I want my shiny Nidoking dual type too. It is sad that we did not get any shiny secret rare pokemon like we did with the black and white series of sets, but this will be a good set to collect just for the artwork on some of these cards will have beautiful full arts I can tell already! :D

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
A pokemon which uses both [P] and [F] support must be powerful pls, don't do another Azumarril-like card. However, if Nidoking get's dual type, I dont't think it'll have a BREAK too. Maybe dual type Nidoking + Nidoqueen BREAK? Also, I hope there's any kind of gimmick between 'king and 'queen.

DragonBeamTCG51215

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
A Psychic/Fighting shiny Nidoking would be awesome!

How many dual types are going to be released in this set - was it 6 or 8? We've already had:
  • Volcanion-EX
  • M Gardevoir-EX
  • Azumarill
  • Shiftry
there are 8 dual-types in the set, there are 3 that we don't know of (M Steelix EX is Dual Fighting/Metal)

WastedSkyPirate

@jessalakasam @DragonBeamTCG51215

Thanks guys.

I wonder if we'll get dual-type Pokemon BREAK?! Though, probably not as the design choice seems to be that all of the dual-types are shiny and it's hard to convey that when you're a gold-lathered BREAK.

Anyway, isn't this meant to be the first set to have more BREAKs than EXs?