Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

I highly doubt that they would reveal anything of significance or even subtle hints. Since Magearna is a Generation VII Pokemon (provided with evidence that there was no game play leaks), I thought that Magearna would also receive an EX because they wanted to keep its Pokedex entry hidden, among other reasons they made it one.

Good point. Plus, to be fair, pokedex entries generally aren't indicative of gameplay or storyline.
For example, in Diamond & Pearl there was (unfortunately) never a plot of saving children from drifloons trying to steal away little kids.

Good point. Plus, to be fair, pokedex entries generally aren't indicative of gameplay or storyline.
But they DO give out information on a Pokemon. Pokemon wants us to speculate, and wonder about potential possibilities for what this thing truly is and what its background is. That's a major reason they probably just left it as an EX and were done.

Is it 60 damage or 60 more damage cause if it's the first then it just became a bench sitter but if it's the latter then that means this Pokemon can be a pretty useful attacker

I have to echo the sentiments that this card is absolutely gorgeous. That ability screams trev counter.

Before Zygarde EX and the dog form (I forget the percentages that go with their names), had TCG released "formes" from future generations? I just ask because those two are also kind of gen 7...well...presumably.

So what did the director of consumer of pokemon refer to last year as the future being related to flowers? This pokemons hand or alola region, or maybe even something else, or all of those things?

Last edited:
This seems playable. 120 for [M][C][C] is good but doing more damage the next turn could take KOs. The ability is also really good. Bronzong decks have it good.

This seems playable. 120 for [M][C][C] is good but doing more damage the next turn could take KOs. The ability is also really good. Bronzong decks have it good.

Actually, it says that during its next turn, its attack will "do 60 damage", not "do 60 more damage". That means its attack will be weaker upon second use. Kind of sad, but at least its ability is all right and its retreat cost is forgivable. It's a direct counter for moves like Silent Fear. It still won't stop Shurikens, though, so that's sad.

Actually, it says that during its next turn, its attack will "do 60 damage", not "do 60 more damage". That means its attack will be weaker upon second use. Kind of sad, but at least its ability is all right and its retreat cost is forgivable. It's a direct counter for moves like Silent Fear. It still won't stop Shurikens, though, so that's sad.
Oh my :( I read it wrong too :( not good than. Can only be used for its ability.

Oh my :( I read it wrong too :( not good than. Can only be used for its ability.

It's not all gloom and doom. At the very least, it has a Turn 2 attack that can hit for the numbers needed to OHKO Shaymin-EX, so it can function as an emergency attacker.

Now, I hate to say I told ya so, oh who am I kidding I love to say it... I TOLD YA SO!
Looking at you jessalakasam....
I never said it wasn't I just said we can't be 100% sure it was...
But also is the translation correct,
[M][C][C] Soul Blaster: 120 damage. During your next turn, this Pokemon’s Soul Blaster attack does 60 damage.
isn't it supposed to say 60 MORE damage?

Magearna could help a little bit again Trevenant BREAK spread, but that still requires a lot of energy at your disposal...

I could have seen this working in the BW era, where it could have been able to 2-hit KO almost everything, but sadly, this isn't the BW era. Megas are everywhere. Even with muscle bands and other damage boosters, it still can't do as much as other attackers. The ability is alright though. I might see it as a one-of in Metal Rayquaza, just to have that added support That's all I really see it for that's significant.

even if you the translation IS correct, and that its only 60 damage and not 60 more, theres also the fact that you can always switch it for a second copy to attack for the full 120. plus since it only has 1 retreat you can switch it and get the energy right back with brongzong metal links

Back