Rowlet, Litten, Popplio from the Alola Region!

Everything looks amazing, but the trainers I think are personally the worst artworks from all starter trainers in pokemon , ince when clogs make good running shoes ? XD

steal-the-moon-despicable-me-13770415-590-340.jpg

Wow, Pokemon Moon's villain looks great.

(I hope my Pokedex doesn't talk to me nonstop like Joey and his Rattata)

Also, guys, it's pretty clear from Lillie's general character design and stance that she is a tsundere. Tsundere characters are known to be hostile and flustered easily, but in general good-natured so I'd doubt that she's part of the evil team from just her facial expression alone.

Plus, as a general observation, judging from the fact that there is a male character who is about your age and a female character who is also about your age, it seems to me that there might be romance paths in this story like in BW2. Hopefully it won't be as difficult as BW2's romance path, 'cause like, holy heck lady you work a lot.

Last edited:
I like the new paint strokes that appear during a battle. It gives it just a little extra bizaas which I really like. And also it annoyed so much how people really believed that kukui was an assistant rather than the actual professor. Like he was the one wearing the coat. There was no way that he wasn't gonna be the new professor

At the beginning of the game, Lillie will be very friendly.
But she will become more and more suspicious, and you will think she works for the evil team.
At the end she will turn out to be a secret agent and she will help you to defeat the villains.

- As for the attacks, now that's something that has me curious. Both signature moves state that they 'disregard the target’s Ability' - Unless I don't know my abilities as well as I should, I don't think there's any abilities yet that block Ghost or Steel type moves, so that may be a hint at some new abilities to come in G7??
We have wonder guard :)

Anyways, I like the typing of Solgaleo. Did not expect that! Rotomdex looks awesome too. I like this a lot. Can't wait for release :D

Solgaleo the sun pokemon. Weak to Fire..

From the official site:
Since ancient times, Solgaleo has been honored as an emissary of the sun. It is referred to with reverence as “the beast that devours the sun.” Solgaleo's body holds a vast amount of energy, and it shines with light when it's active. It has a flowing mane with a remarkable resemblance to the sun. Its signature move is Sunsteel Strike, an attack that charges at an opponent with the force of a meteor, disregarding the target’s Ability.

Yeah, I get what you feel. Has all these sun related associations from its mane to its signature move, and even likes to eat the sun, yet its weak to Fire. Makes a lot of sense, right? According to GF, it does.

Gamefreak logic at its best.

I thought everything was cool, until Rotomdex appeared.
Haha, it's the exact opposite for me, I was about to fall asleep before one of my favorite Pokemon appeared in a new form. :D

They should have revealed normal Pokemon in the region already. I still don't have a feel down (unlike in X and Y when the starters and first trailer were enough to get me psyched).

I just opened the news post and the first thing I saw was Solgaleo's type...
I stared at the screen for like 5 minutes in disbelief just asking:
W3hhgIb.gif

...And now all I can think is:
"The lion, mascot of Pokémon Sun is NOT a Fire-type (part-Fire at least)??? Screw this!"
Seriously, I looked at Solgaleo and told it (as if it could hear me): "**** off!". I don't want this lion anymore...

To top it off, they decided to give Lunala, a mascot legendary, just one of the worst defensive types ever with two x4 weaknesses, as Hoopa Confined can confirm you...
This gen's pokémon are going downhill so fast, it's not even funny...

My only hope is that Zygarde Complete forme is not an anime-exclusive thing and we can obtain it in these games...

Sorry for the rant, but I had to get this out...

I just saw a video from shofu and he had an interesting thought about their abilities cause they're the exact same as ones we already have but what if they have a secondary thing to them like what if solgaleos stats don't drop when burned or paralyzed and maybe lunalas abilty, while he didn't have an idea what it could be if it had a sort of secondary effect, also had an effect on super effective type moves to help it out cause of its poor typing. I mean these ideas seem pretty cool and it would then mean that Pokemon saying they're never before seen be an actual fact

Wait, I only now noticed that snowy mountain with the pokemon centre. Are they seriously going for another ice type gym leader in a region based on Hawaii? If they do, it better not be the seventh one you face and it better not have a sliding gym puzzle. This is a perfect region for them to try types that are rather underrepresented when it comes to gym leaders like poison, ghost or dark. I guess it's too early to tell.

I just opened the news post and the first thing I saw was Solgaleo's type...
I stared at the screen for like 5 minutes in disbelief just asking:
W3hhgIb.gif

...And now all I can think is:
"The lion, mascot of Pokémon Sun is NOT a Fire-type (part-Fire at least)??? Screw this!"
Seriously, I looked at Solgaleo and told it (as if it could hear me): "**** off!". I don't want this lion anymore...

To top it off, they decided to give Lunala, a mascot legendary, just one of the worst defensive types ever with two x4 weaknesses, as Hoopa Confined can confirm you...
This gen's pokémon are going downhill so fast, it's not even funny...

My only hope is that Zygarde Complete forme is not an anime-exclusive thing and we can obtain it in these games...

Sorry for the rant, but I had to get this out...

I got to be honest. I did exactly the same thing you just did. Even, heck, the entire Fanbase never predicted this type, like ever, no one. Ghost type for Lunala was given....but Solgaleo's...no. And the info around it is just all types of contradictory. And Sunsteel strike is totally not "a Fire type" move, nope. Not according to GF.

Like I said, Gamefreak logic at its best. Best hope those signature moves are dual type moves, because it appears, as I have read about the Professor, he studies Pokémon Moves. Dual type moves, or moves with extra type advantages seem to get a better focus, but that is just a guess of mine.

Wow. Guys, this Alola region is gonna be huge, very huge.

My hype is skyrocketed. I can't even write anymore.

I'm really really glad they're reusing old pokemon (Rotom, he is under appreciated IMO) and not creating stupid new ones for stuff like this. It makes the world feel more connected IMO

Anyone else find it ironic that the Pokemon of the sun is x2 weak against fire it being a psychic/steel type and the Pokemon of the moon is x4 weak against dark, it being a psychic/ghost type.

I got to be honest. I did exactly the same thing you just did. Even, heck, the entire Fanbase never predicted this type, like ever, no one. Ghost type for Lunala was given....but Solgaleo's...no. And the info around it is just all types of contradictory. And Sunsteel strike is totally not "a Fire type" move, nope. Not according to GF.

Like I said, Gamefreak logic at its best. Best hope those signature moves are dual type moves, because it appears, as I have read about the Professor, he studies Pokémon Moves. Dual type moves, or moves with extra type advantages seem to get a better focus, but that is just a guess of mine.

Maybe this gen will finally introduce a big fat amount of new moves..
It also got me thinking.. gen 6 brought us Mega evoulutions, which boost the stats and often change types and abilities. So what can they do now? A new mechanic (maybe called break evolution lol) that allows the new form to use more than 4 moves. As with mega Pokemon, such a new feature will be restricted to 1 per team. I think that would be intersting for a valid alternative for Mega evolution when choosing your team in a competitive battle.

Back