More 'Sun' and 'Moon' News Coming June 2nd!

If I remember correctly, the Kalos starter final evolutions were actually NEVER revealed. They got leaked (or "leaked") by people who's games arrived early.

And June 2 will almost def be Legendary names, and if we're lucky then typings in my opinion!

What I want from the reveal, and I don't feel like this is asking too much, seems like a perfect time to do these reveals:

Names and typings of 2 new Pokemon, particularly the Bird we saw in the teaser trailer, and the small dog/deer creature we saw in the most recent trailer.

Names and possibly typings of the 2 Legendaries. Typings are less important here to be revealed, and I would be fine if they stayed hidden until closer to release. Though, revealing their typings now would hopefully dispel any rumors of new types being included in the game (most notably light type, blegh).

Revealing the protagonists official artwork and names of a few key NPC's, like the professors and your rival and maybe a random NPC like a gym leader or a reoccurring character whose intentions and purpose for the game can remain hidden until release.

This is all similar to what has been revealed in the past given the time frame, but like the last reveal, this one would be a pretty big info drop.

If I remember correctly, the Kalos starter final evolutions were actually NEVER revealed. They got leaked (or "leaked") by people who's games arrived early.

And June 2 will almost def be Legendary names, and if we're lucky then typings in my opinion!

The Kalos starter evos were revealed in the October CoroCoro (which had a release date very close to the release of the games), although I think they were leaked earlier.

Anyway, keeping my expectations for the June reveal to include Legendary names/typings (if we're lucky then lore and info as well), maybe some region info and a couple of characters, and maybe 2-3 earlygame Pokemon.

Realistic? Legendary names.

Wishful thinking? Some info that magically makes sense out of the whole deal with Zygarde and aconfirmation that gen 6 wasn't just poorly planned but is part of a bigger picture.

Unrealistic? Some of the things lots of other commenters have mentioned like starter evos/types, which we've never gotten any sooner than maybe a month before release.

Oh god please no? Yet another freaking eeveelution.
Not that I wouldn't say it's perfectly executed and even clever after the fact, but cmon, I'm tired of the concept being stretched to such ridiculous length, instead of creating a completely new Pokemon with many split-evolutions and a different reason behind it already..

Most Probable:
1. The official names of our titular Legendaries.

They might just be Solgaleo and Lunaala, but they are subject to change, knowing the curveballs thrown at us in the past three months.

2.More verification on the new region's Professor.

Just to be absolutely certain what he looks like. The fact that another person shows us the new region's Starters has sparked confusion, so some verification on who those two officially are would be nice.

3.Two or more new Pokémon.

If I'm not mistaken, in June 2013, when X & Y were getting tonnes of new information revealed to public, the Pokémon Vivillon, Noivern, Skrelp, and Clauncher were revealed to us throughout the month.

Least Probable:
1. A selfish rival.

We're well overdue with one by now, since the nice rival thing seems to be done to the ground. A true jerk will motivate tonnes of players to be the very best, just like what Gary/Blue and Silver helped us to be back in the golden days. Personally, I'd like a rich upper class girl stereotype who has one of her parents blackmailing the professor, perhaps the lovechild of Pacifica Northwest and Silver? Those two come to mind, when it comes down to gradual character development over the course of the story and being biologically related to an influential antagonist behind closed doors.

2. Mega Evolutions or New Evolutions of Past Pokémon.

They might be revealed three to two months before the games' official release, since it may be a bit too early to reveal them at this point. I think Game Freak really wants to surprise us, given the scarce updates between February and May.

Most Probable:
1. The official names of our titular Legendaries.

They might just be Solgaleo and Lunaala, but they are subject to change, knowing the curveballs thrown at us in the past three months.

2.More verification on the new region's Professor.

Just to be absolutely certain what he looks like. The fact that another person shows us the new region's Starters has sparked confusion, so some verification on who those two officially are would be nice.

3.Two or more new Pokémon.

If I'm not mistaken, in June 2013, when X & Y were getting tonnes of new information revealed to public, the Pokémon Vivillon, Noivern, Skrelp, and Clauncher were revealed to us throughout the month.

Least Probable:
1. A selfish rival.

We're well overdue with one by now, since the nice rival thing seems to be done to the ground. A true jerk will motivate tonnes of players to be the very best, just like what Gary/Blue and Silver helped us to be back in the golden days. Personally, I'd like a rich upper class girl stereotype who has one of her parents blackmailing the professor, perhaps the lovechild of Pacifica Northwest and Silver? Those two come to mind, when it comes down to gradual character development over the course of the story and being biologically related to an influential antagonist behind closed doors.

2. Mega Evolutions or New Evolutions of Past Pokémon.

They might be revealed three to two months before the games' official release, since it may be a bit too early to reveal them at this point. I think Game Freak really wants to surprise us, given the scarce updates between February and May.

Most probable:

1) Definitely, I'd expect confirmation that the legends' names are Solgaleo and Lunaala, or their real names if they aren't. For types however, Xerneas and Yveltal's types were revealed by Corocoro in July 2013, so that isn't guaranteed.

2) Quite possible, but Sycamore was only revealed by Corocoro in July 2013 with the legends' types, so we may have to wait another month or two for them.

3) 2-3 new pokemon sounds quite possible. You are correct in that the pokemon you mentioned above were revealed in June 2013, but that wasn't all that was. Noivern, Vivillon and the Fairy-type were revealed at the E3 direct, then Clauncher, Skrelp and Talonflame were revealed in a trailer on the show floor alongside Horde and Sky Battles, then finally Corocoro revealed Flabebe, Scatterbug, Spewpa and Litleo. 2-3 pokemon is quite reasonable, even if we do get the full reveal of the legends.

Least probable:

1) Personally I think we'll get a group of rivals, one of them being a spoilt brat is quite possible. Calem/Serena could have been that, being the son/daughter of famous pokemon trainers, but you're right, we haven't had a good prick since Silver. It's a month or two too early for the rivals to be revealed though.

2) As I said above, we did get Horde battles, Sky Battles and the Fiary type revealed in June 2013. We could get a new mechanic like Synchro Evolution (Ash-Greninja) revealed this month. As for cross-gen evos, we did get Munchlax and Sylveon revealed near the start of their gen's respective prerelease. We could get a cross-gen evo revealed here (maybe 2 if we're really lucky, but personally I think the slot would be better reserved for a brand new pokemon). New megas, in a month or two, I'd say.

Most probable:

1) Definitely, I'd expect confirmation that the legends' names are Solgaleo and Lunaala, or their real names if they aren't. For types however, Xerneas and Yveltal's types were revealed by Corocoro in July 2013, so that isn't guaranteed.

2) Quite possible, but Sycamore was only revealed by Corocoro in July 2013 with the legends' types, so we may have to wait another month or two for them.

3) 2-3 new pokemon sounds quite possible. You are correct in that the pokemon you mentioned above were revealed in June 2013, but that wasn't all that was. Noivern, Vivillon and the Fairy-type were revealed at the E3 direct, then Clauncher, Skrelp and Talonflame were revealed in a trailer on the show floor alongside Horde and Sky Battles, then finally Corocoro revealed Flabebe, Scatterbug, Spewpa and Litleo. 2-3 pokemon is quite reasonable, even if we do get the full reveal of the legends.

In fairness, Xerneas and Yveltal's types were most likely kept so long since Xerneas is a Fairy, so obviously they couldn't reveal that without spoiling the entire Fairy type early on.
Although I can see them just revealing the legendaries names and promising more info for them (typing, lore etc) next month or something.

In fairness, Xerneas and Yveltal's types were most likely kept so long since Xerneas is a Fairy, so obviously they couldn't reveal that without spoiling the entire Fairy type early on.
Although I can see them just revealing the legendaries names and promising more info for them (typing, lore etc) next month or something.

Probably. It's unlikely that Solgaleo and Lunaala will have a new type though, so there's less reason to hide the types.

That would be pretty interesting. A spoiled rich girl a la an older Myrtle Edmonds from Lilo & Stitch (whom I hate with a burning passion). Kicking her butt continuously would be SO satisfying.

But we got that one guy in the trailer who looks like yet another friendly rival, so that will most likely not be the case.

Actually, a really good idea would be that you have your childhood friend whom you have friendly battles with, but there's another snooty trainer who you meet like in the first or second town and competes against both of you. Like an heir/heiress from a wealthy family. Basically, they would be the true rival of the game. Sort of like N from Black and White but a little more subdued. Instead of helping them realize they were being manipulated, you're taking them down a few pegs and mellowing out their entitled attitude.

Last edited:
I took some time to rethink my previous guesses of what can be shown today. While I'm sure the names of the Legendaries will be revealed, I don't think their types will be revealed just yet. In fact, looking at the XY games, if I'm not mistaken, the second piece of news was the reveal of the Kanto starters getting Mega Evolutions. So, based on that, I think that the bulk of today's news will be about the Johto Starters getting Mega Evolutions this time around.

I took some time to rethink my previous guesses of what can be shown today. While I'm sure the names of the Legendaries will be revealed, I don't think their types will be revealed just yet. In fact, looking at the XY games, if I'm not mistaken, the second piece of news was the reveal of the Kanto starters getting Mega Evolutions. So, based on that, I think that the bulk of today's news will be about the Johto Starters getting Mega Evolutions this time around.

What do you mean the second piece of news was the Kanto starters getting megas? We got heaps of news between the original XY reveal in January and the Kanto starters getting megas, which was in September. I think you mean the second Pokemon direct was about the Kanto starters getting megas. The first pokemon direct revealed X&Y, the second revealed Bank and the Kanto Starter megas (Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard Y and Mega Blastoise, not Mega Charizard X), and for completeness, the third revealed Sun and Moon.

Today's update is just that, a site update, probably including a trailer or two. As for what it will contain, legendary names are a reasonably safe bet, maybe typings. Some people are speculating that Synchro Evolution (Ash-Greninja) might be revealed properly here, which is quite possible when you consider that Ash-Greninja was a big part in today's episode.

What do you mean the second piece of news was the Kanto starters getting megas? We got heaps of news between the original XY reveal in January and the Kanto starters getting megas, which was in September. I think you mean the second Pokemon direct was about the Kanto starters getting megas. The first pokemon direct revealed X&Y, the second revealed Bank and the Kanto Starter megas (Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard Y and Mega Blastoise, not Mega Charizard X), and for completeness, the third revealed Sun and Moon.

Today's update is just that, a site update, probably including a trailer or two. As for what it will contain, legendary names are a reasonably safe bet, maybe typings. Some people are speculating that Synchro Evolution (Ash-Greninja) might be revealed properly here, which is quite possible when you consider that Ash-Greninja was a big part in today's episode.

What's with synchro evolutions? I don't watch anime so I checked it out and don't understand completely.
Does the Pokemon evolve further with his trainer or combine or what?

I really don't know how I feel about this. I think MEGAS are enough... xd

That is what I kinda meant with the "second piece of major news" yeah. Whether it was a direct or just a news update regarding the games for XY I wasn't sure of.

The Synchro Evolution method, or what seems to be a offshoot/different method to achieve Mega Evolution looks to have a high chance of being featured indeed as many say. Would go nicely if the Johto Starters got starred with this method of evolution.

Last edited:
NOBODY saw that coming the Psychic/Steel typing HAHA...

also the Rotom Dex form is funny. I like the girl character [main]
And Lillie is standing infront of a bridge in KALOS? HAHA kidding...

hype ^^

Also fun but we already knew... little islands :D 4 islands and maybe more... :D

Psychic/Steel was not something I'd expect from the Sun Pokemon, but Game Freak fooled me good with that one. I appreciate the twist this time around.

I only hope Solgaleo's new Ability can grant it immunity to the side effects of moves like Superpower, just to make it much more distinct from Clear Body. If it has good physical Attack, that will help immensely against any Intimidate user in the Uber Tier.

Lunala, on the other hand. I can only hope that Shadow Shield helps out Ghost and/or Psychic Types like itself immensely, a la, Delta Stream. The combo seems fitting, I suppose.

Rotom PokeDex is a fantastic concept. It looks like we can now finally communicate with Pokemon. Hoenn sure had a ton of foreshadowing this time around.

Lillie is probably one of our rivals, a socially awkward one at best, which may be a first.

Despite some subtle disappointment, I still look forward to these two games.

Back