News 'Rayquaza vs. Keldeo Battle Arena Deck' in September!

ironcladmerc

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I will definitely be buying this, the Battle Arena decks are usually good, and I do need another VS Seeker

Jedithious

Aspiring Trainer
Awesome! Keldeo is such a universally necessary/good card: it will be great for all players to have easy access to it.

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
I'm actually guessing we'll get the old Dragons Exhaulted 85 Rayquaza-EX, given the MewTwo vs. Darkrai set also focused on the older BW-era cards.

Which by the way is a really cool card. Let's hope it includes Emboar and let's fire it up!

Zainnulabdinn

Aspiring Trainer
I am sorry it is such a stupid question But does that mean keldeo ex is reprinted ? And will be back to standard ?

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
Well I know what I'll be buying this fall.

I am sorry it is such a stupid question But does that mean keldeo ex is reprinted ? And will be back to standard ?

Nope. It'll have the expansion symbol that it was released instead of the symbol of whichever expansion that will be out by that time. It'll still be legal in expanded, just not standard.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
No, the Mewtwo VS. Darkrai deck were direct reprints of the NXD and DEX prints respectively (meaning the Keldeo will say 2012 thus keeping it expanded, legacy, and unlimited only)

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
I think it will have the DRX one as well... I hope they also give it the Eels! ^_^

Probably not, as the older Darkrai/Mewtwo Battle Arena Decks did not do this - the insignia stayed the same as the packs each EX's were in.

Edit: Got Ninja'd :/

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
This is amazing! I have no unused Sycamores and VS Seekers, so this is a definite buy for me. I also think it will be the Dragons Exalted Rayquaza because like the previous deck because it used BW era cards.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I think it will have the DRX one as well... I hope they also give it the Eels! ^_^

Probably not, as the older Darkrai/Mewtwo Battle Arena Decks did not do this - the insignia stayed the same as the packs each EX's were in.

Edit: Got Ninja'd :/
XD sorry about that :p

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
Cool, I love water decks, so holo waters rock my socks and the VS Seeker is always good. I guess that means price with lower, being so readily available. But I got plenty of Keldeo already and Rayquaza? Bummer. Wish we got newer stuff and not expanded junk. I know Rayquay isnt yet but rotation is looming and I'm taking bets on if it'll eat Roaring Skies, Primal or up to Magma/Aqua...Always hard to predict but Keldeo is lucky, he should still be expanded being in Treasures and stuff. I wouldn't have minded a Charizard EX or Gengar EX Arena deck though...Really wish Pokemon would consider spirit links for the linkless. Donate, Pokemon, donate to the linkless Pokemon in the gutter. Please, think of the guttermon.

Edit: Or did Rayquaza get reprinted as a promo? I forget, i'm getting old...

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
yeah it's likely the DRX rayquaza to fit the same theme as darkrai/mewtwo deck, if it was the ROS versions it would imply a large rotation of 6 sets as having the main card for one deck rotated and the other not would be stupid.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
Here's to hoping that they put a VS Seeker in each deck instead of only one this time: that's one of my only nitpicks of the Mewtwo/Darkrai decks.

Keldeo will most likely have Blastoise Deluge and Rayquaza assuming it is the Dragon's Exalted one will have Eels most likely as Emboar would lead to a Weakness in one of these and that would be bad for decks that are suppose to fight against each other.

SaiScott95

TCG Fanboy
excited for vs seeker reprint. that's honestly all.

Not much point to the rayquaza without the mega to be honest. the mega is the only thing keeping regular ray from being more than a filler card.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Battle Arena decks are legal, but the gimmick with them is that the cards they contain are from their original sets, and don't get a new set symbol. This didn't make any difference for the first 1.5 (the Xerneas/Yveltal one, and the Red Genesect Collection), but for the Mewtwo/Darkrai one, and this one, the main purpose of them is to reprint Expanded-legal cards without bringing them back to Standard. So they won't be STANDARD legal, but will be Expanded legal, and obviously some cards (like Sycamore/VS Seeker) will be legal in Standard.

Hmm... I don't know how I feel about these picks. Keldeo makes sense. Guess we're never getting a Shaymin reprint, though, lol. (Who knows, maybe they'll break from the 2 EX's per deck trend. I could actually see them putting, say, a Seismitoad in the Keldeo one and a Shaymin in the Rayquaza one.) I'm probably going to skip these like I did with the Mewtwo/Darkrai ones, though, seeing as I have zero interest in Expanded. (Plus I already own Keldeos even if I did care.) The only thing that might convince me is a large number of VS Seeker. (Or Shaymin.)