Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Garde's really cool, but I don't know if I necessarily expect it to do anything competitively. Being able to discard things like Shaymin-EX from your bench is neat, but having to do so repeatedly could very easily limit how much you can do it. (I'm getting flashbacks to Plasma Freeze Weavile here. It's actually really comparable since the higher base damage of Gardevoir is covered by the fact Weavile had Exeggcute. But Garde has an edge in the fact it's much bulkier. Weavile getting constantly 1-shot was a big problem.)

Also, I knew from the moment they said many of the dual-types would be shiny that Garde would be dual-type. Didn't see a reason to mention I was wrong before now, though, since it was a pretty minor comment.

*Looks Below at M Gardy's awesome attack*
*Looks above at what appears to yet another Azumarill set for the bulk pile*

Uh-huh.
Pokemon Co. Logic

That mega Gardevoir would pair up pretty well with night march decks. Use the attack on a full bench of night marchers, and you do 260 damage, and you set up your night marchers.

Exeggcute is a very good combo in expanded. This is definitely going to see some play.

Who knows, maybe they'll reprint Dimension Valley in this set. And Blacksmith in Explosive Fighter. A man can dream

M Gardevoir-EX seems very powerful; not only can you play it with Exeggcute in Expanded, but you can also discard Shaymin-EX, Hoopa-EX, damaged Pokemon, etc. to deny Prizes.

Shiny Mega Gardevoir is wonderful! Everything about the card looks amazing! (Well... except for the dual type just having a sharp cut from one color to the other. Compared to how awesome they looked on the third generation cards, this isn't as appealing, in my opinion. It probably would've looked better if they had just added a simple gradient from one color to the other. Small critique. Anyway...)

Exeggcute's getting reprinted, right? Ha ha. While I think the attack has a lot of potential and I'm definitely looking forward to trying it out, I feel like consistency might be an issue in standard. In expanded, we have Exeggcute and, by the time this set comes out, Dimension Valley, and that sounds a lot more promising. Maybe using a combo of Super Rod and Brigette could work, or possibly Puzzle of Time. Like a few others have suggested, maybe pair it with Night March as a secondary attack.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the set has to offer and if there are any obvious cards that will help Mega Gardevoir's attack.

If Dimension Valley rotates, NM does it too lol.

I think the logical partner in standard then could be Vespiqueen.

For the issue of recovering pokémon, you could run Revive xd

If Dimension Valley rotates, NM does it too lol.

I think the logical partner in standard then could be Vespiqueen.

For the issue of recovering pokémon, you could run Revive xd

Revitalizer?

I like the Artwork of the card and also like the concept of the attack for a traitor.
They definitely should reprint a pokemon with the Exeggcute ability and give it a "oh noo I was betrayed" artwork - this would be so awesome.

What. No. No way.
On the first reveal of Shiny M Gardevoir in cards, I said that it reminded me of a character of mine, because she wears a black dress, has strong magic, and is a traitor to her people (Cruel Traitor).
And now I find that her attack is called DESPAIR RAY, when my comic is called VOID OF DESPAIR.
WHAT EVEN IN THE HECK.

M Gardevoir-EX seems very powerful; not only can you play it with Exeggcute in Expanded, but you can also discard Shaymin-EX, Hoopa-EX, damaged Pokemon, etc. to deny Prizes.
...until someone plays target whistle. Maybe Grumpig will see more play if people play this with Night March.

Oh boy, Mega Gardevoir EX is now a Shadow Paladin with that attack. Not to mention the art is awesome, and it'll defo see more play in Expanded rather than Standard.

I guess we know half of our dual types, after all I'm sure Gardevoir EX is shiny though we haven't seen it yet.

Although M. Gardevoir's attack itself is pretty good, I have to say I think I prefer the original one myself.

The more I think about the new dual typing mechanic the more I think it shouldn't be done. It's only being done in half measures rather, ie the two types. They don't reflect that in the weakness or in the resistance or in any attacks. I mean that Gardevoir is only going to be in fairy decks unless one wants to make a dual type energy deck I think.

Personally I'd almost rather have two Volcanion EX's, one for each type rather than a combo one, but that's just me and my style for my card dex.

Well I guess if Azumarril is holo there is at least some collector use for it.

For now, we know for sure that it will rotate. And I don't think that they will reprint it.
We don't know anything for sure yet, for all we know the rotation could be phantom forces-on the either rotate three to five sets which means it can be from phantom forces-on to even roaring skies-on if they wanted to go insane

Also another mega? Please please mega salamence I don't care if it's bad, well I would care a little, but I already want my mega salamence :( regardless it'll probably be mega beedrill for us anyway :/

Last edited by a moderator:
To not have dual weakness or dual resistance when the you're a dual type seems unbalanced; greater chance to hit for weakness with no downside. I never even knew dual types existed before in the card game. I'm glad to see they're back.

Garde's really cool, but I don't know if I necessarily expect it to do anything competitively. Being able to discard things like Shaymin-EX from your bench is neat, but having to do so repeatedly could very easily limit how much you can do it. (I'm getting flashbacks to Plasma Freeze Weavile here. It's actually really comparable since the higher base damage of Gardevoir is covered by the fact Weavile had Exeggcute. But Garde has an edge in the fact it's much bulkier. Weavile getting constantly 1-shot was a big problem.)

Garde will not be good in standard, but it will be a beast in expanded with eggs.

Back