Rowlet, Litten, Popplio from the Alola Region!

not sure what to think about this. it seems their design team is getting trouble on originality. Litten is probably the take of 70% who's going to buy the game and the region seems a little off the road. looking at the character i wonder if we can personalize it like in XY. As for Legendaries, Sun wins it but moon probably has a story more intersting.. dont know, but probably going to get the game :)

I'm assuming the old guy in the Hawaiian shirt and white belt is the new professor. At first I thought Professor Palm, but after a little research Professor Koa would be a much more fitting name.

There's a second trailer. It's a live-action one which features a boy getting the game while living in Hawaii (the inspiration for the region). It's here:

This trailer makes me so happy. <3

I was leaning toward Team Moon before the Legendary reveal, but now I think I'll be going with Sun. My favorite starter is currently Litten, but we'll wait until the evos are revealed before deciding. (I liked Fennekin the most last gen, but was really disappointed with Delphox's design.)

Also, we no longer have chibi overworld sprites? :0

That fake box art from a little while back was very close...I wonder if they had verbal information or just used the sun/moon symbols to infer. Bravo either way. Also, I'm glad to see the Hawaii theories were true.
Given the pictures/description, it's odd that the sea lion starts out with water gun and not bubble. I assume it will end up with very high speed. I'll probably choose it.

not sure what to think about this. it seems their design team is getting trouble on originality. Litten is probably the take of 70% who's going to buy the game and the region seems a little off the road. looking at the character i wonder if we can personalize it like in XY. As for Legendaries, Sun wins it but moon probably has a story more intersting.. dont know, but probably going to get the game :)
In an earlier comment, I found a Japanese trailer that shows you that you have eight skin colors to choose from. Judging from the fact that we can change our skin color, I think it's safe to assume that they only got rid of the customization feature for ORAS because it was a remake and that it'll be returning in this game.

Kinda knew it would Hawaii related, that strange souvenir (Looked like a tiki) from Pokemon X.
I'm so gonna get Moon and raise that Owl *w*

The starters don't look bad, but none stand out to me. The fire legendary looks awesome but the moon legendary is kinda overdesigned, and this is coming from someone who likes the kyurem forms.

Super-Mega Pyroar and Super-Mega Noivern confirmed!!!!

But really, amazing reveal!! And the games are coming out in 6 months!! LET THE MONTHLY COROCORO REVEALS BEGIN!!

Edit: I think these are the first starters that will actually start the game with a move of their correct elemental type.

If there is one thing that annoys me, its that, yet again, Europe/Australia has to wait. I know its only five days but that still feels like torture. Nintendo seems to be doing this a lot lately (only worse). We had to wait three months for Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and we're still waiting for Fire Emblem Fates, which comes out this month, three months later. Anyone else getting a little annoyed?

EDIT: Serebii has just posted that Australia has the same release date as America and Japan so I won't actually have to wait but this is still not far on people who live in Europe.

Last edited:
Oh my!? This is amazing! I am definitely picking Rowlet! And I still am on the side of Team Moon too!!
The graphics look amazing!

Did anyone else notice in the Japanese/live action commercial, during gameplay, there seems to be another pokemon standing behind the in-game character's mother? It sort of looks like meowth, but not quite?

Did anyone else notice in the Japanese/live action commercial, during gameplay, there seems to be another pokemon standing behind the in-game character's mother? It sort of looks like meowth, but not quite?
It is a Meowth.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    217.3 KB · Views: 64
So Marx is a Pokemon now. That's nice.

I'm more interested in what these Pokemon starters evolve into, though if I had to pick one at face value it'd probably be water. He looks cool.

Now this was a TRALIER! Gotta say its funny that the region is called Aloha, but makes sense seeing as its Hawaii! The game itself also appears to be improved in terms of in game models and scales - no more chibi models! As for the starters, they're pretty good and simple looking, but depending on the reactions of most people so far on other forums, the impressions look to be average so far.

However, I will repeat what I said when I came to this site for the first time. The starters shouldn't be judged on appearance alone, as these are just the first forms of them. There's more to them than just appearance and it will take a while for people to warm up to them. For me, personally, I think they look pretty unique for designs - they're neither too safe, nor too predictable looking. They look wacky and funny to me, especially when it comes to the Grass Owl. I'm pretty sure someone out there is going to make a scary meme with that owl's stare. In terms of ranking:

1. Rowlet (Grass/Flying) - its facial expression is just too funny and weird based on the official art I have just seen.
2. Popplio (Water) - Has the most unique appearance of all three, combining a clown, a puppy dog and a seal in one form. Its very nicely done, so second place.
3. Litten (Fire) - At first appearance, it looks borish in a way as if has no mood to do anything, hence why I'm putting it third place despite my love for cats.

Despite the rankings, this does not determine which one I would go choose ultimately. My ultimate choice will likely fall with the direction of their second evolutions, whatever they are. Although its your free choice, I imply to people to not get too attached to any fan-art that will pop up in the following days and months to come, and keep your expectations low as possible so you can have a more open mind to their true designs whenever they get revealed in the near future.

As for the Legends, its a pity to see my theory in terms of design didn't pan out, but I really like the designs themselves. Being a cat lover by nature, I really love Solgaleo's design. Its not the usual red-colored scheme, and its facial design is pretty ace. The Bat Legendary is pretty unique in terms of appearance, having a more cosmic feel to it than the lion, but looks a bit over-designed in my opinion, whereas the lion is more simple and straight forward, but the Bat does appear to be feminine in some ways, especially how it sounds.

As for their typings, well, its easy to say and a safe guess that Solgaleo is going to be a Fire-type. That much is obvious. The Moon Legendary, however, isn't as predictable. From what I have seen now, its safe to guess this lady bat isn't going to be a Water-type as I commonly guessed at first. Based on this knowledge, my final predictions for their types of either Legendary will be either of the following:

Moon Legendary - Lunaala
Going to be either a Dark/Fairy or Fairy/Flying. I'm personally still hoping on a Water/Flying or Water/Fairy, but I highly doubt it. However, Pokémon Pearl's mascot - Palkia, wasn't exactly screaming Water-type either, and it still ended up being a Water/Dragon, so who knows?

Sun Legendary - Solgaleo
For super safe predictions I'm putting money on the lion being either Fire/Fairy or Fire/Electric. However, what is also possible, is that the Sun Legendary could be our first Fire/Grass type. This third guess is mainly based on the fact that its mane is extremely detailed, moreso than the rest of its design, having a clear hawaiian flower shape to me, and in the form of a star no less. As Hawaii has a lot to do with flowers, it makes sense to make the Legendary itself fit more with the tropical theme of the region. Third, lions live in the savannah, which is a grassland-type habitat, and lastly, Grass types in general always learn Solarbeam. Based on these ideas, I really hope this guy ends up being a Fire/Grass type in the end.

That said, ultimately, I would be fine with any of the speculated typing I just put out, as each combination is still brand new and unused (except for Water/Fairy, Water/Flying), so its refreshing at the very least. Coming to the choice of which version I want...well, I will be going for Sun this time ahead, as its Legendary Mascot really appeals to me, not to say, Leo is my birth zodiac sign, so the choice is pretty obvious. My choices, however, could still change depending on the exclusives themselves.

For now, I'm pretty content with what we have. Come on with the new theories!

Last edited:
Article said:
You will be able to obtain all of these Pokemon on November 18th in both the United States and Japan and then on November 23rd in Europe.
Never have I felt so bad for Europeans. :(

All the starters are adorable in their own right.

And finally, we got the second dual type base form starter, Rowlet!

Popplio is really cute too, looks like a cross between Oshawott and Gomamon. XD

Unfortunately it's Grass dual type again ..

So I'm betting the Final Evo wouldn't have the double type triangle..

Probably Fire/Dark n Water/Ice

That's just great, Europe has to wait for the games... AGAIN :mad:. Granted it isn't a long a wait as ORAS, but we still have to wait. Looks like avoiding spoilers is a go again.

Don't have time to type my thoughts on everything. However, I would like to throw this out there.

Predicting Worlds 2017 being in Hawaii

Back