Night March

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
Xerosic and startling megaphone are in many lists to provide such a solution.

I think Night March is less concerned with removing Fighting Fury Belts and more with staying alive long enough to get the resources it needs to sweep. NM is already tapped for energy as it is without teching in Bronzong, and there's no counting how many Vs. Seekers or spare Double Colorles Energies it can burn through before it moves into sweeping position.

LightningCloud224

Aspiring Trainer
I think Night March is less concerned with removing Fighting Fury Belts and more with staying alive long enough to get the resources it needs to sweep. NM is already tapped for energy as it is without teching in Bronzong, and there's no counting how many Vs. Seekers or spare Double Colorles Energies it can burn through before it moves into sweeping position.
You are forgetting what puzzle of time does: it keeps the engine going until you hit 180 or 190 damage if you want to 9/10 times. Bronzong variant used to be good, but not so much now with puzzle of time introduced.

LightningCloud224

Aspiring Trainer
My take includes Mew-EX: you can have a benched Joltik, and with Dimension Valley can use 1 plain Psychic Energy/Mystery Energy for its attack.

Pokemon (17):

4x Lampent PHF
4x Pumpkaboo PHF
4x Joltik PHF
2x Mew-EX DEX
2x Jirachi Promo
1x Shaymin-EX ROS

Trainer (33):

1x Lysandre
4x Sycamore
1x Float Stone
4x Ultra Ball
4x Battle Compressor
2x Dimension Valley
4x VS Seeker
1x Hex Maniac
1x Town Map
2x Fighting Fury Belt
1x Teammates
4x Trainer's Mail
4x Acro Bike
1x Startling Megaphone

Energy (10):

4x Double Colorless
2x Mystery Energy
4x Psychic Energy
Mew EX is expanded, not standard. This is a standard thread.

Gordon325

Aspiring Trainer
Mew EX is expanded, not standard. This is a standard thread.

What about Mew (Fates), same concept but less health and only one prize card. Since the skeleton listed here has six spots you could put in two Mew and 4 Psychic Energy. Or 3-3. Mew could use Night March from any benched, for only one energy with DV as the stadium, protect against discarded DCE. Though with Puzzles 3 - 3 may be better because you could still use DCE, and it would up your chances of getting Mew out.

LightningCloud224

Aspiring Trainer
What about Mew (Fates), same concept but less health and only one prize card. Since the skeleton listed here has six spots you could put in two Mew and 4 Psychic Energy. Or 3-3. Mew could use Night March from any benched, for only one energy with DV as the stadium, protect against discarded DCE. Though with Puzzles 3 - 3 may be better because you could still use DCE, and it would up your chances of getting Mew out.
Mew Jr. will see play. The quantities are unclear. I don't like basic energy in night March personally. I don't want hex or silent lab to impact my attacks.

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
Could one consider a Siesmitoad or two to give you the utmost advantage on a mirror match?

No. Toad will do nothing more than agitate opposing Night March decks (also, Toad in Night March kind of ruins one of the main points of the deck: relentless OHKO potential and a routinely favorable prize trade in exchange for a hefty amount of deck resources).

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Mew Jr. will see play. The quantities are unclear. I don't like basic energy in night March personally. I don't want hex or silent lab to impact my attacks.
When you have the option to attack with a single basic Energy attachment and a single Special Energy attachment, it generally makes sense to go for the basic Energy. Of course, using both types of energy will be better for consistency, in case things like Hex Maniac come up, or you don't have a Mew available.

Chip Thrasher

Aspiring Trainer

Wow! That's pretty awesome.

LiftoffLizard

Hoenn Nerd
No. Toad will do nothing more than agitate opposing Night March decks (also, Toad in Night March kind of ruins one of the main points of the deck: relentless OHKO potential and a routinely favorable prize trade in exchange for a hefty amount of deck resources).
Ok I guess that makes sense. Does NM even have a chance against toads?

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
Ok I guess that makes sense. Does NM even have a chance against toads?

Hmm...depends on whether or not it runs Fighting Fury Belt. If it has that, it's very likely to avoid being OHKOed if opposing Night Marchers decide to play it safe by only discarding enough to hit for 180 damage. A late-game Toad could be especially potent since you can essentially starve opposing Night Marchers for Energy and shut down their means to retrieve it (Puzzle of Time).

But other than that, I wouldn't hold my breath. NM only really needs 2 or 3 Compressors to get the engine going strong, and Toad doesn't have enough bulk to keep up a constant trade by itself.

razoredgey523

Believe in the Shia that believes in you!
Thinking of picking up the deck. So far I have a line up of:

4 Mew (Fates)
4 Joltik
4 Pumpkaboo
4 Lampent
1-1 Brozong
2 Shaymin EX

2 AZ
3 Acro Bike
3 Trainers Mail
3 Fury Belt
4 Compressor
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball

3 Steel
4 DCE

Still tweaking the list.

ProZlockie

Meow? Meow.
Thinking of picking up the deck. So far I have a line up of:

4 Mew (Fates)
4 Joltik
4 Pumpkaboo
4 Lampent
1-1 Brozong
2 Shaymin EX

2 AZ
3 Acro Bike
3 Trainers Mail
3 Fury Belt
4 Compressor
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball

3 Steel
4 DCE

Still tweaking the list.

I don't believe acro bike is necessary in this deck anymore. Also 4 mews seems excessive, especially since you don't have dimension valley listed. What's the point of only having a 1-1 bronzong? Either bronzor or bronzong can be prized easily, ruining that strategy quick. I'd suggest cutting an AZ as well, putting Lysandre in its place. And find room for 4 puzzle of time, it works miracles for this deck.

Knight_of_Ni

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone tried Natu (with the ancient trait) to help with the mirror? I saw people talking about going first vs going second with night march and if you play mirror with Natu you could go first and use Natu to equalize the prize trade or put it in your favor?
Any other ideas?