'Steam Siege,' America's XY11 Set in August!

Reading this made me:
A. Hate Gardevoir
B. Literally rip up my Gardevoirs
C. Flip when I saw the Yveltal BREAK
D. Also flip when I saw the quote "New Mechanic."

I literally cried tears of joy when i realized that this means that night march wont be reprinted...

Well with this news the shaymin price only has one direction to go. We really do need it either tinned or reprinted in a set or something. I mean it's reasonable that not that many people are opening roaring skies anymore the set came out about a year ago.

@everyone: WPM did say they are skipping over CP4, at least for now. CP4 was not a Japanese main set, and as such it was very unlikely that it would be used as a main set overseas. We may get it as another special expansion like Generations, or they may slowly add cards from the set into English main sets. Night March and Shaymin/Toad etc may well be reprinted (doesn't mean we have to like it).

I'm guessing dual types as this "New Feature". Ancient Origins may have even be alluding to it with Golurk and the Eeveelutions. If they do this, then the Eeveeloutions may be revalent again.

Also, they mentioned "greedy forces" in the blurb, which may allude to Sabelye EX and Mega.

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I really hope that dual types is not the new mechanic. Because that could mean that you need two different Energy types to use the attacks on the card. Also it could give a card two weaknesses, which we haven't seen since I think LEGEND cards.
I am excited about Yveltal BREAK and Xerneas BREAK though.

I hope we get both a water and fire Volcanion. And an EX of any type makes three, haha. Don't know for sure if we'll get that many but Fates Collide gave us 3 Zygardes, I just wish at least one had been a dragon type.

I hope they fill in the missing link they made with Fates Collide, we need a water type Black Kyurem.

I also kind of hope they at least make shiny M. Gardevoir a psychic type.

I truly wonder if this 'new' mechanic is really that. I mean come on they gave us BREAKS and that's just a modern version of Lv.X's back in the D/P/Pt era. The EX's introduced in Next Destinies until now is still the same mechanic from R/S/E era except with a change from Ex to EX. We've had dual types before, like Jirachi and Metagross from Hidden Legends.

If they want to introduce a 'new' mechanic how about the return of baby Pokémon (want a fairy Cleffa, Igglybuff and Azurill) or Delta Species Pokémon.

I figured I'd point this out, but with the announcment of XY11, did people really think we'd get the Japanese reprint set first? it seems like they're repeating Legendary Treasures, and if they do, we might get FA Sycamore in that set, and have the Garchomp EX as our promo. At least, that's a theory. A GAME THEORY

oh no... seismitoad and nightmarch arent getting reprinted and are going to be left to rot in hell after they rotate!!! i can barely hide my disappointment

oh no... seismitoad and nightmarch arent getting reprinted and are going to be left to rot in hell after they rotate!!! i can barely hide my disappointment
Look how long darkrai or terrakion was in standard format...don't get your hopes up yet. Toad and night march probably have another year at least of being viable.

Back