'Sky Guardian' and 'Battle Ruler' Theme Deck Images, Lists!

Lugia is actually the guardian of the sea, but whatever.

Personally this bothered me as soon as I saw the deck names. Lugia has been guardian of the sea since I was little, and here they are calling it a sky guardian.

On another note, love the Lugia coin for sure. I might have to pick up the deck just for that alone! :)

The coins do look great, and I'm happy to see that the Trainer cards in theme decks seem to be improving a bit even if they're still limited by the number they want to include.

Personally this bothered me as soon as I saw the deck names. Lugia has been guardian of the sea since I was little, and here they are calling it a sky guardian.

On another note, love the Lugia coin for sure. I might have to pick up the deck just for that alone! :)
I Also don't know why the TPCi would call it guardian of the sky... lol, i joined the game at gen 3, then lost interest, then picked it back up, I digress. Lugia has always been one of my favorites, even when i didn't like Pokemon that much, and seeing this is just, disappointing..? i dont know... its not that big of a deal but still... Guardian of the SKY?
the coins do look nice though.

Technically, Lugia is a flying type (Why is it a psychic type?). So the Sky Guardian name makes since

The "Sky Guardian" deck name does seem like an error, especially because the Lugia card itself says "It is said to be the guardian of the seas" and it is swimming on the card!!!

When I first looked at the picture of the Lugia on the front page before the title, I thought it might have been another Lugia EX.

The "Sky Guardian" deck name does seem like an error, especially because the Lugia card itself says "It is said to be the guardian of the seas" and it is swimming on the card!!!
It was probably due to the fact that the deck itself had no water Pokemon so they didn't want to false advertise

I like many of the cards added into the theme decks... Yet sadly, in the Theme Deck format online, I don't think either of them can match up to Dark Hammer and the pre-constructed XY basic color decks. Why? The draw support is abysmal in comparison to those decks. -_-

I have a feeling it's the 'Sky Guardian' and not the 'Sea Guardian' because there is a massive lack of water types in said deck

Then again when was Zygarde the 'Battle Ruler'?

Lugia is actually a pretty good card. It's basically Bouffalant from a couple formats ago. Assault Vest on him would be pretty interesting. Max Elixir makes him fairly fast, and the BREAK makes him more tanky at least.

Are these theme decks released alongside the Booster Box on the 4th or at a later date?
I'm buying both for sure! likely taking apart the Lugia deck but I love Zygarde xD

Just sayin', the "Sky Guardian" deck logo isn't red, it is pink and red, as in Fairy type and Fire type.

Not to bust your thunder, but since when was it a rule that the name of the theme deck had anything to do with the cover pokemon? Does Zygarde scream Battle Ruler to you? Does Genesect scream Mind Wipe to you?

It would be even cooler if Moltres was the cover pokemon instead, you know, to complete the theme deck legendary trio set from Roaring Skies with the Zapdos and Articuno theme decks, while Zygarde completes the theme deck legendary trio set from XY with Xerneas and Yvetal.

Anyone else notice that tons of cards in this set are from Gen 5?
I'm also loving all of the art for the set. Gosh, those deck boxes... Nice Lugia coin as well. The Zygarde coin on the other hand, has so much on it it's sort of messy.

I see a bunch of folks mentioning the Lugia deck name being a little off and I really have to agree.

but then I noticed Moltres was in the deck as well! Maybe it's a 2 part title meaning Moltres is the sky, Lugia is the guardian. I don't know lol

But I gotta get that deck. I'm in love with that coin and the Lugia card. Having a foil Lugia would be epic.

Back