Pokemon New 'Pokemon GO' Tid-Bits Revealed

Hype. The game seems simple though. I hope there is no limited zone or Pokémon to p2p, rather I would like it to be more (waaay more?) difficult to get.

Sounds cool, will be fun to wander around with friends and catch Pokemon~

HYPE!

Actually, this is almost anti hype because I had such ridiculous fantasies about this game in my head all my hopes are being dashed :')

But I'm nothing if not pragmatic, so I'm really just replacing my fantasy hype with more concrete hype!!

I hope the accessory thing revealed way back does more than just notify you there's Pokémon in the area, because if my phone does that anyways via vibrations (and probably sound), then what's the point?

Did you get the part where it stated "Pokemon you may never have seen before?"

Gen 7 Hype!!!

I'm afraid we'll only get Gen1 pokemon, as no other Gen pokemon has been shown in trailers ...

Actually they announced that all generations will be included. It was like a month ago or something. But no worries you'll be able to get them all.

I'm quite curious what the starter(s). Eevee seems possible for me. Its popular, and can evolve to reflect the environment you are playing in.

God, I hope catching multiples of the same species isn't the ONLY way to evolve. I sure can't wait to catch 4 Squirtles (after probably 8 tries and a lot of time between finding them) so I can evolve into a Wartortle and then find 12 more Squirtles to get 3 more Wartortles so I can evolve it into Blastoise. It sounds sooooo typical of these free-to-play apps. I wish big developers like Nintendo would make free-to-play a little less obviously cash-grabby; it'd be even better if they just put a price on the app itself and took out microtransactions entirely. But, of course, that's not going to happen because people for some reason will spend way more money on a free game than they would to buy a console game sometimes. Sigh.

This definitely just seems like Ingress with a Pokemon skin. A quick cash grab for the Nostalgic. I was hoping for something with a little more depth. You cant level up your Pokemon to Evolve them? Catching multiples is clearly a way to force you to spend money on PokeBalls.

I just hope that some critical mechanics like evolution are NOT similar to FE:Fates' mechs. For example, the evolution mech in GO now is starting to look similar to the Forging mechs in FE:Fates: There, you need a certain amount of Ore and a certain amount of copies of the same weapon to make your weapons stronger, while in GO, it's possible that, in a similar light, you need a certain amount of the same species of pokemon caught to evolve one... Hope this doesn't trigger some sort of auto-release mechanic similar to Ranger as well, in a similar light to weapon loss when forging in Fates...

^ Come on, Niantic: Come up w/ a more original idea for mechs in GO... Don't adopt mech rip-offs from other games... More importantly, I don't wish to be easily bored to the point that I need a X/Y/OR/AS copy and/or a S/M copy in order to get a better experience out of GO, with GO being a pseudo-add-on to the 3DS main series pokemon games ala Pokemon Battle Revolution to 4th Gen main series pokemon games(D/P/Pt/HG/SS)... :(

Last edited:
This definitely just seems like Ingress with a Pokemon skin. A quick cash grab for the Nostalgic. I was hoping for something with a little more depth. You cant level up your Pokemon to Evolve them? Catching multiples is clearly a way to force you to spend money on PokeBalls.
It doesn't say anything about the balls costing anything. In fact, it says we will be able to use more powerful ones based on our level. Ingress doesn't require money to succeed at all and for the first few years there were no in game purchases anyways. Im sure pokemon go will be like this as well (able to succeed based on the time you spend, not money)

Problems though, both with this and Ingress (which is why I deleted Ingress).

• Some people (like me) live in areas that don't really have historical monuments and such.
  • And, since it's Pokemon and all, and it's mostly for kids, the traveling part seems hard. Like, if you don't have a car or aren't old enough to drive or something, how do you go to gyms and the PokeStops?

Back