Talonflame BREAK, Captivating Pokepuff Promos!

wow... pokepuff is actually great! it gives decks that want to fill the opponents bench (like trev BREAK or empoleon BREAK) some great tools to do so, as well as being a FU against shaymin and night march. you could use it paired with the stadium that limits bench space to 3, and potentially cut off an opponents bench space entirely if its filled with support pokemon and no secondary attackers.
Or you could abuse that it cuts down hand size/removes shaymin EX to then play Delinquent. I could easily see a Zoroark/Zoro BREAK disruption deck based around these factors. The break would work especially well since you can potentially force your opponent to give you new attacks to copy

@talonflame, could be nice if the tflame line wasnt some of the most pathetic stage 2s ever. 150 for 2 damage is good and all but successful BREAK cards seem to usually have good abilities or attacks on their non-BREAK card.

Last edited:
I was thinking Poke Puff was ehh but considering I'm planning on playing a few Lass' Reccomendation from Fates Collide it could be a neat combo to get your draw up bigger

Would be a very neat card in Greninja BREAK too

wow pokepuff, plus the lucario, the metal one, which does damage based on the amount of pokemon on your opponents bench, I see a strategy.

Last edited:
Talonflame BREAK is rather bad. It doesn't help that out of the 3 Talonflame in the TCG, none are that good. It may come with a new Talonflame in XY 11 though so there's hope.

Pokepuff on the other hand will see SOME play. It won't be a meta defining card, but I could see a few decks running one or two of these.

My geuss is that they will end up in either XY11 or XY12.

Y.Z.G. Is gonna love pokepuff! Bench ALL the night marchers and Vespiquen for more Zoroark damage.

Captivating poke puff looks to be pretty awesome on T1, pretty lackluster afterward. Maybe paired with delinquent or ghettos it could make a huge difference early on.
And maybe if we get a talon flame worth using this break will be good.

2 Energy for 150 is by no means bad, it's just getting the card out that's the problem. Plus I can't think of any time they've printed a decent Talonflame card to use it with.

Lucario+Captivating Pokepuff anyone? I see zoroark and raichu decks tecking a couple of those just to fill up opponent benches

The one good thing about Talonflame is that it's one of the few fire cards without the water weakness. So hopefully if there are some new versions to go with this Break they'll be a little more usable and help Fire decks bricking to water every single time.

Has anyone else noticed that here have been BREAK cards for all of Ash's Pokemon? Pikachu/Raichu BREAK, Greninja BREAK, Noivern BREAK, and now Talonflame BREAK. I guess this means we should get ready for Hawlucha BREAK.

pokepuff is a very interesting mechanic, i don't think it will see play over target whistle due to the random factor

need to see the rest of the Talonflame line to really judge this card, the attack seems fine with burning energy or blacksmith, but if it's on an effective stage 3 its gotta be completely insane like greninja

I was wondering if you used it and dropped a shaymin EX on the deck, if that would allow the opponent to draw up on that turn. It is a very random card.

Has no one noticed the Pokepuff would work with Sky Field and Mega Rayquaza EX? Come on with Pokepuff bringing out as many basics it wants and with Sky Field it could power up the move faster.

Toad and Zoroark will have a blast running 4 of the Captivating PokePuff. While many think it can counter NM, I think it can be used against you. It'll be interesting to see chess-like matches involving 4 of that card.

Has no one noticed the Pokepuff would work with Sky Field and Mega Rayquaza EX? Come on with Pokepuff bringing out as many basics it wants and with Sky Field it could power up the move faster.

Colorless M Rayquaza does damage based on his own bench, not the opponents. Therefore, pokepuff doesn't power him up at all.

Colorless M Rayquaza does damage based on his own bench, not the opponents. Therefore, pokepuff doesn't power him up at all.
Whoops. My bad :p. Forgot about that. Thanks for telling me or I woulda built a deck that isn't good for itself.

I'm just imagining... Someone plays that Captivating Pokepuff, and yet the only Basic I have in my hand is this:

113747_150w.jpg

Now what?

So from what I can tell, the pokepuff lets your opponent activate abilities on the Pokemon you bench for them. So far everyone has said to use hex maniac for this problem, but what about silent lab. It blocks abilities on the basic Pokemon that you don't want to be used, and it doesn't take up your supporter on the first turn. Plus it can stop them from using these abilities later if they can find another one on their first few turns.

Back