TCG Fakes 10 Years Later...The Return to Holon - A Text-Based Set

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
I have a great nostalgic love for the Delta Species era and I've always considered the Crystal Onix to be a Delta Species Ice type. So why not a new wave?

The Crystal Onix being a box promo.
Basic - Onix-EX δ - HP190 [W]
crystal_onix_by_lightmike-d5c6adj.png

Ability: Crystal Resonance
Once during your turn before you attack, you may search your deck for a δ Pokemon and put it into your hand.

[W] Reconstitution
Heal 20 damage from this Pokemon for each [W] Pokemon in Play

[W] [W] [C] [C] Glass Cannon 150
During your opponent's next turn this Pokemon takes 50 more damage from attacks.

Weakness
[M]
Resistance
Retreat Cost
[C] [C] [C]

Starting with Delta Phoenix, the return to Holon after 10 years.

1) Farfetch’d δ
2) Sudowoodo δ
3) Sudowoodo BREAK δ
4) Holon’s Rotom
5) Bergmite δ
6) Avalugg δ
7) Solrock δ
8) Holon’s Rotom
9) Lunatone δ
10) Holon’s Rotom
11) Holon’s Rotom
12) Goodra-EX δ
13) Holon’s Rotom
14) Klinklang-EX δ
15) Marowak-EX δ
16) Gorebyss δ
17) Gorebyss-BREAK δ
18) Holon’s Rotom
19) Sableye-EX δ
20) M Sableye-EX δ
21) Clamperl δ
22) Oshawott δ
23) Dewott δ
24) Samurott δ
25) Yamask δ
26) Cofagrigus δ
27) Cofagrigus-BREAK δ
28) Huntail δ
29) Hutail-BREAK δ
30) Slowbro-EX δ
31) M Slowbro-EX δ
32) Holon’s Magnemite
33) Holon’s Magneton
34) Holon’s Magnezone
35) Chikorita δ
36) Bayleef δ
37) Meganium δ
38) Bellossom-EX δ
39) Feebas δ
40) Milotic δ
41) Milotic-BREAK δ
42) Totodile δ
43) Croconaw δ
44) Feraligatr δ
45) Feraligatr-BREAK δ
46) Snivy δ
47) Servine δ
48) Serperior δ
49) Holon’s Porygon
50) Holon’s Porygon2
51) Holon’s Porygon-Z
52) Mareep δ
53) Flaaffy δ
54) Ampharos δ
55) Holon’s Rotom
56) Zebstrika-EX δ
57) Skiddo δ
58) Gogoat δ
59) Delta Ball
60) Delta Catcher
61) Delta Research Centre
62) Guardian’s Cloak
63) Team Delta Admin
64) Team Delta Grunt
65) Delta Energy

Last edited:
Instead of using Deckromacy, how about downloading GIMP/Photoshop (free/not free) and try making the cards that way? Online generators are generally upon as they look untidy and unprofessional due to consistent font, placement and quality errors, and the excess watermarks - I actually think text-based looks nicer than a generated card. They are also "cheap", as they require no effort and make the great ideas look less than they are. Using image editing software like GIMP or Photoshop provides a sense of achievement as you can say you made the card yourself!

Anyways, I like the concept of your project. I find Glass Cannon a really nice attack in both the pun (flavour) and the mechanic/relationship to the flavour.

I've never had any luck with GIMP I've never got it to work. I would probably do text based fakes for time's sake but I thought for something special like the crystal Onix it would be nice to have a pic. Albeit I didnt realsie how stupidly large the image would end up.

I've never had any luck with GIMP I've never got it to work. I would probably do text based fakes for time's sake but I thought for something special like the crystal Onix it would be nice to have a pic. Albeit I didnt realsie how stupidly large the image would end up.
By never got it to work, do you mean that it doesn't download properly or you just haven't been able to get your head around it? Anyways, I've snipped the fake card from the OP post as it appears Deckromacy will only host a card for a set time period, meaning the image was now broken. I reckon you should populate the OP with the spoiler of the crystal Onix instead. :)

Introducing DELTA PHOENIX

10 years ago the mysterious region of Holon was abandoned by humans after the bizarre natural phenomena plaguing the region resulted in the destruction of the laboratories of Holon City. Since then the mysterious Delta Species Pokemon have continued to evolve, lost but not forgotten. The cold and calculated Team Delta, a scientific group that acquired the research of the Holon scientists is returning to the region to continue the research but with darker motivations. What will the initial expedition force find in this untouched land?

OP has bene updated with the partial setlist which is still a work in progress.

Instead of using Deckromacy, how about downloading GIMP/Photoshop (free/not free) and try making the cards that way? Online generators are generally upon as they look untidy and unprofessional due to consistent font, placement and quality errors, and the excess watermarks - I actually think text-based looks nicer than a generated card. They are also "cheap", as they require no effort and make the great ideas look less than they are. Using image editing software like GIMP or Photoshop provides a sense of achievement as you can say you made the card yourself!

Anyways, I like the concept of your project. I find Glass Cannon a really nice attack in both the pun (flavour) and the mechanic/relationship to the flavour.

Deckromancy, when used correctly, requires a lot of effort to set up in a way that makes your cards look good. If done properly however, they can look really accurate.

Deckromancy, when used correctly, requires a lot of effort to set up in a way that makes your cards look good. If done properly however, they can look really accurate.
Even still, if you're gonna put effort in Deckromancy, you may as well put the effort into a software instead - you don't get watermarked, you've got much more freedom and should generally have more accuracy. :p

Back