Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

Im really hoping for first new Kadabra card since 2003 with this set
sorry for buzzkill :(
Uri Geller will tap dance nude on a cactus before he lets Nintendo print a new Kadabra card. (That, or he'll sue them immediately afterward)

Look, I want a Kadabra as bad as everyone else does, but Geller will probably have to die before that happens. His honor is at stake

*waits quietly for people to figure out how to break Kingdra EX in some cruel and evil way* This is gonna be GOOOD!

Does double dragon energy counts as 2 lightning energy...?
That's what I was thinking. 2x DDE should amount to 150.

Edit:
The translation was changed to Basic energy. Well that's a bummer. I don't think it's all that viable anymore.

Last edited:
According to the translators, it's actually "basic" lightning energy for that Kingdra-EX attack. I'll get that part of the text fixed up.

Kingdra-EX will be really good with Expanded Eels, a Slower but better Rayquaza-EX imo !
Why did they release a promo spirit link ?? and why wasn't it a link we didn't have ?

Wooo~ this Kingdra has some stunning art! I find it interesting that PCL decided to give Kingdra an attack that discards Stadiums - could be a hint to a future stadium that could be detrimental to Kingdra's strategy?

Wow, that Kingdra is very beautiful and very promising! Magnezone/Clemont/Kingdra-EX could be deadly!

I feel this would be like Machamp-EX where everyone thinks that it is a really good card, but turns out to be very slow. I guess this may see play with max elixir for speed.

Phew... My fave Pokemon is pretty good. Seems good in Magnezone I guess. Hopefully there is something in future that would help it more (being biased here)

Back