Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

Too bad M Alteria doesn't look that great. 130 damage (assuming you use a DCE with a Fairy deck, which is unusual with Aromatisse / Max Potion / Xerneas) is slightly more than Sylveon-EX, buty Syleon-EX doesn't need to mega-evolve and I think heals 50 rather than 30.

Dat Glaceon though... MEGAMAN

Mega Altaria's attack name is basically Latias & Latios' signature moves combined...

hmm... In this whole EX vs Mega vs BREAK theme that's been going for the last 3 sets, all I see is EXs getting buffed... No boosts for Megas or BREAKs... I guess EXs win the war, as usual...

Finally, wtf, Bronzong BREAK? Unless this set has 4 BREAK cards unlike the last one (which had 3), are they seriously going to let Delphox be the only Kalos starter without a BREAK? *facepalm*

Last edited:
Between Jolteon and Glaceon decks are going to need to diversify. I believe future deck lists will have a ton of variety in them to play around the cards. I also believe energy count might go up. Either way, to get both these going at the same time will require a six energy drop on the game board. Maga Man needs two. That's an eight energy drop on the game board. Hmm...Decisions. Decisions.

Both cards are great! And I like how they are EX's. Regice for knockout you took one, but with Glaceon in play you can two. I think that is a bit more fair.

Mist Purge = Mist Ball + Lustre Purge?

Come on now TPCi I know it's really heard to come up with attack names but still haha
_____

Also haha so true @ the person who called M-Altaria "promo tier" (can't quote on mobile)

Wow.....this past Tuesday at my locals, I was talking with everyone on how TPCi should bring back Lass from Base Set as a Supporter.....AND THEY'RE ACTUALLY DOING IT!

Mist Purge = Mist Ball + Lustre Purge?

Come on now TPCi I know it's really heard to come up with attack names but still haha
_____

Also haha so true @ the person who called M-Altaria "promo tier" (can't quote on mobile)
I'm on a mobile device and I'm not having any trouble... What kind of a phone do you use?

Glacéon ex just isn't good enough for the meta right now where ex decks are conquering. As for mega Altria ex, healing 30 health just doesn't make it good, if it healed 60 I could see it being a good tier 2 standard card but as of now unplayable.
The combination of Glaceon, Regice, and Jolteon wall everything.

Wow.....this past Tuesday at my locals, I was talking with everyone on how TPCi should bring back Lass from Base Set as a Supporter.....AND THEY'RE ACTUALLY DOING IT!
I think that the pokemon trader card would be cool to make a comeback

Glaceon-EX looks really nice! Being able to prevent damage from the vast majority of cards today is a big deal, and the only way to get around it is some form of Lysandre. It also hits the perfect number for KOing Vespiquen, which is super nice. It's first attack is also great for taking the KO after using Crystal Ray once or twice. I am not too sure Glaceon will become top tier competitive as even if Megas can't damage, the prevolutions can, however Glaceon then again is dangerous with energy denial.

Mega Altaria's attack name is basically Latias & Latios' signature moves combined...

hmm... In this whole EX vs Mega vs BREAK theme that's been going for the last 3 sets, all I see is EXs getting buffed... No boosts for Megas or BREAKs... I guess EXs win the war, as usual...

Finally, wtf, Bronzong BREAK? Unless this set has 4 BREAK cards unlike the last one (which had 3), are they seriously going to let Delphox be the only Kalos starter without a BREAK? *facepalm*
The Mandibuzz is a promo. It won't be part of the main set so it doesn't count towards the 3. So far we have Lugia, Bronzong and probably Delphox. We might get Crobat too, though that might not come until a later set.

The Mandibuzz is a promo. It won't be part of the main set so it doesn't count towards the 3. So far we have Lugia, Bronzong and probably Delphox. We might get Crobat too, though that might not come until a later set.

Lol. You haven't been paying much attention to the latest news. Who said anything about the Mandibuzz promo? There's Lugia, Omastar and now Bronzong, that's 3 already.

Ayyyyy that M Altaria-EX is m underwhelming. I'm not expecting anything from it, but there's always the chance it has synergy with something else obviously designed to complement it/it's own pre-ev. M Alakazam was essentially a weird M Tyranitar until it's pre-ev. But again, I'm not expecting it.

On the other hand there are a large number of fairy healers that could stack (M Alt, Gardevoir (AO), Olympia). But it still would be bad!!!!! (!!!!)

This set has a numbering issue. In Japanese sets trainers are always grouped by type Items (including tools) then Spirit Links (in type order), then Supporters, then Stadiums and lastly Special Energy.

Alakazam Spirit Link is #75. Altaria Spirit Link is probably #76, Chaos Town is #78. That leaves only room for one supporter, but we know of 2 for the set already (N and Lass's Recommendations). There isn't room for both, so my guess is N actually isn't in the set and will be in the Mega Audino or Mega Zygarde deck.

Back