What Kind of Pokémon Do You Want to See in Sun & Moon?

Pikapik

That derpy California girl! ^.^
I, for one, want to see a GOOD fire/flying-type other than Moltres. The Fletchling line really disappointed me. After a while, the lack of good moves it can learn just made it hard for me to use it. Maybe something based off of eagles or falcons?

Also, any love for ponies? Mega Rapidash please! And also, we have horse and unicorn pokemon. What about a pegasus pokemon?I can imagine a flying/fairy-type with high speed.

A pegasus never bothered anyone anyways.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
a few more things I've thought of:
-an Electric type seal (I had a dream where one was revealed and now I really want one)
-a pliosaur (whether a fossil or not idc)
-an Ice spirit thing, I imagine it to be the love child of Diancie and Froslass, probably Ice/Fairy
-a sperm whale / giant squid deep sea rival duo
-a lionfish
-a stick insect which evolves into a tree-looking insect
-a giant spider (one which looks nasty and threatening, probably Bug/Dark)

Orphalesion

Aspiring Trainer
Most of the ideas in this thread are only animals and a few plants.

That's often the problem with fanmade/ fan-requested pokemon they tend to focus mainly/solely on animals, forgetting that Pokemon has drawn from a wide variety of concepts, including objects as far back as Kanto. Object spirits are a big part of Japanese folklore so it only makes sense to see them reflected in pokemon designs.

I have to admit many of my "wishes" would also be animal and plant related:
a hummingbird based on flowers evolving into a toucan based on fruit (grass/flying)
a koala (normal/grass)
a housefly with a first stage that's a ridiculously cute maggot (Bug/Dark)
a kangaroo that isn't an ugly dinosaur thing
a tardigrade
a better looking Grass/Water type (perhaps a river dolphin?)
a fairy type unicorn embodying the idea of the legend, Rapidash is just a horse with a horn
a dragon/fairy type based on gemstones
a earth worm
a mosquito
Velvetworms
Pillbugs
An Eohippo (Grass?)

But I also have some ideas based on humanoids, objects and concepts
-a squire-inspired steel type with a split evolution, becoming either a Valkyrie or a knight, depending on gender
-viruses (technically not animals, the jury's still out whehter they even are alive) for added bonus, make it electric/poison and have it be a "computer virus" the final stage should also wear a bow tie
-something based on Medusa's head (poison/psychic?)
-a sort of regional rodent based on fashion accessories, starting out as a somewhat larval thing with a lower body looking like a sock, becoming a thing with the body of a purse (female) or glove (male) if there's a second stage it could add jewels to the female one and a watch or hat to the male one (Fairy types)
- Something based on the Flatwood's monster combined with a light show (dark/electric)
-A satyr line combined with pleasant smelling leaves (mint, eucalyptus, basil) (fairy/grass)
- a flying type based on early flight craft
- a pokemon based on military rank/regalia
- a dullahan/headless horseman (Dark/Fairy)

I'd also like a pokemon that evolves by having some other pokemon fuse together. An obvious choice for that would ba a chimera pokemon (Lion +Goat + Snake = Chimera) but I could also see a robot ( Head + Body + Limbs = Robot!) colours (Blue + Red = Purple) or that elemens -> element compound idea form that (supposedly) leaked list (It was Hydrogen + Oxygen = H2O iirc)

CF1994

Aspiring Trainer
I would welcome another jellyfish Pokémon.

Although we have Frillish, Tentacool, and their evolutions for that role, there is no harm going for another line.

To make things interesting, in my opinion, the new jellyfish Pokémon should have a new Type combination, like Electric/Poison, for diversity reasons.

The region might reuse Tentacool and Tentacruel for their native jellyfish, though, but as a few of you may know at this point, I like to roam the realms of possibility.

Tri2attack

"Guzma for game."-every close game
What about an actual fairy pokemon like the human like one with butterfly wings?

Orphalesion

Aspiring Trainer
I would welcome another jellyfish Pokémon.

Although we have Frillish, Tentacool, and their evolutions for that role, there is no harm going for another line.

To make things interesting, in my opinion, the new jellyfish Pokémon should have a new Type combination, like Electric/Poison, for diversity reasons.

The region might reuse Tentacool and Tentacruel for their native jellyfish, though, but as a few of you may know at this point, I like to roam the realms of possibility.

Oh man, I'd love another cnidarian! There is so much diversity in that group of animals.Electric/Poison would be an excellent typing. But I could also see something with Fire perhaps...it'd be fun to encounter a pure Fire type in the water.
Ocean routes need more variety when it comes to wild pokemon.

Also it would be nice not to encounter Tentacool :p

Last edited:

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Oh man, I'd love another cnidarian! There is so much diversity in that group of animals.Electric/Poison would be an excellent typing. But I could also see something with Fire perhaps...it'd be fun to encounter a pure Fire type in the water.
Ocean routes need more variety when it comes to wild pokemon.

Also it would be nice not to encounter Tentacool :p
Yeah, Jellyfish Pokémon could be a combination of quite a few types:
Water/Fire (Burning stings)
Water/Electric
Water (Jellyfish without tendrils)
Water/Dark (Some consider Jellyfish evil and quite a few live very deep underwater)
Water/Grass (Flower hat-like Jellyfish)
Water/Fairy (Moon jelly)
Water/Ice (Jellyfish that live in cold areas)

dotamin

Aspiring Trainer
Medusa like pokemon, possibly an evolution of Arbok or Seviper. Wendigo pokemon, ice/dark or ice/ghost. Fossil pokemon based on saber-toothed cat and armor- plated fish. Also a pokemon based on narwhal. A more physically offensive fairy type that looks like a large plush toy.

Last edited:

ShadyKlutz

Aspiring Trainer
Seeing that the next region could be based on another tropical setting (like Hoenn), which to be honest, I'm glad is possibly happening with the lack of bodies of water to surf on XY, I'd like to see the following Pokemon in Sun & Moon:

- Dolphin-based Pokemon. And no, not another Gorebyss, but a Pokemon that looks so much like a real Dolphin. [Normal/Water]
- An elephant Pokemon. And no, not another Phanpy/Donphan. Something that is bigger and stronger. Its design can be inspired by the Hindu elephant mythical creature. [Psychic]
- An interesting "token counterpart" Pokemon like Mandibuzz/Braviary.
- A Tiki idol Pokemon. [Psychic/Dark]
- A tiger Pokemon and is a physical attacker unlike Pyroar. [Fire/Normal]
- A fruit Pokemon. Lol.

Pangoro#1999

Fear the bear
I have so many ideas. I'll keep the list short.

A peacock, his wings could be made of leafs. [Flying/Grass]
A sabertooth cat fossil pokemon [Rock/Ice]
A legendary based on Fenrir
A dolphin [Water/---]
A grizzly bear
A demon pokemon

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
A peacock, his wings could be made of leafs. [Flying/Grass]
A sabertooth cat fossil pokemon [Rock/Ice]
A legendary based on Fenrir
A dolphin [Water/---]
A grizzly bear
A demon pokemon
All of these I completely agree with.
I'd also like to see
  • an oriental dragon [Dragon/Water(or Psychic)]
  • an artic fox [Ice/Dark(or Grass)]
  • an Electric-Type gazelle
  • an Ice-Type cat
  • a Ghost-and-Poison-Type snake
  • an Electric-and-Steel-Type other than the Magnezone line

98Greener

tree noises
You know what would be nice? And a feat in its own if it actually became a thing? A Pokemon based off this poor sucker:

latest

This is the Helicoprion, an ancient dinosaur/fish/abomination that toured the seas in the Permian times, where everything looked like it came straight out of your nightmares. It would be Water/Dark and use its toothwhorl as a weapon of mass destruction.

Of course, that image above is an old, old 1960's artist's representation of what it looked like. The 2013 version looks like this:

d6ff5a982825afa3114404ce1459bd4d_medium.jpg

But I like the previous representation better.

Fire'd

Aspiring Trainer
A couple ideas/wishes I've had -
  • Squirrel -Grass/Fighting - I always liked the idea of a squirrel with a pine-cone growing as a tail, and as it evolved the pinecone detaches and its uses it as a weapon. The last evolution could look kinda like a wise old kung fu master, with a long fern beard and using the pinecone as a staff. Maybe have some small pieces of wood armor or something as well.
  • Elephant - Fire/Steel Elephant - Basically like a war elephant, with like steel armor and stuff, but with some tank/artillery aspects as well (like the tusks being small artillery cannons)
  • Sabertooth - Rock/Ice? - Who wouldn't want a sabertooth? It would most likely be ice and rock, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Rock/Normal cause I'm pretty sure that combo hasn't happened yet, and they seem to want to use normal more as a secondary type lately
  • Marine Iguana (Galapagos) - Water/Rock - Starts out as a small dark blue lizard with some barnicales and rocks on its back and as it evolves the rocks and barnacles grow larger and look like some kind of landmass (similar concept as turtwig I guess)
  • Gorilla - Fighting/Grass? - I think an actually gorilla has been overdue. Fighting would be pretty obvious, but I could see Grass working as a secondary type.
  • Husky/Malamute - Ice - Some kind of northern dog would be nice.
  • Trap-Door Spider - Bug/Ground - Could be a really cool design, plus there's not that many bug/ground types and I think a trapdoor spider would fit the typing perfectly.
  • Japanese Spider Crab - Water - Not really sure what could be a secondary type, but I think they could get really creative with a giant crab with really long legs like the spider crab has.
  • Aye-aye - Dark? - Honestly have no idea what typing it would be, but this thing is freaky looking, and it needs to be a pokemon. Just look at this thing.
    why-are-aye-ayes-endangered_412d73db0cc69235.jpg
  • Tarsier - Psychic - Since I'm on the subject a weird looking primates, I think a tarsier could be cool. Like a small like primate thing with big freaky hypnotic eyes.

ShadyKlutz

Aspiring Trainer
Since the next region seems to be based on Hawaii (specifically Oahu), I don't see why they won't include some Hawaiian folklore-inspired Pokemon:

- A pig Pokemon (Local folklore on the island of Oahu says that one should never carry pork over the Pali Highway connecting Honolulu and Windward Oahu.)
- This is a bit reaching, but a female version of Ludicolo.
- Legendary Pokemon based on the Maori deities (Pele and her sisters who are guarding the volcanoes in the Polynesian island groups)
- A Pokemon based on Japanese-Hawaiian folklore Mujina (which interestingly enough already sounds like Magiana)
- Another Flabebe-Floette-Florges line but based on the Hawaiian Menehune (their version of fairies)

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
Ok ok ok, I got the best idea for a Pokemon. This pokemon has 11 formes, and has a mimic ability like ditto, except it doesn't really change into that pokemon. The 11 formes depend on what this pokemon is trying to mimic. The only difference between the formes is the color of the pokemon.

If this pokemon mimics a grass or bug type, the pokemon would be green.
If this pokemon mimics a fire type, the pokemon would be red.
If this pokemon mimics a water or ice type, the pokemon would be blue.
If this pokemon mimics an electric type, the pokemon would be yellow.
If this pokemon mimics a psychic, ghost, or poison type, the pokemon would be purple.
If this pokemon mimics a fighting, rock, or ground type, the pokemon would be orange.
If this pokemon mimics a dark type, the pokemon would be black.
If this pokemon mimics a steel type, the pokemon would be silver.
If this pokemon mimics a fairy type, the pokemon would be pink.
If this pokemon mimics a dragon type, the pokemon would be gold.
If this pokemon mimics a normal or flying type, the pokemon would be white.

The physical appearance of this pokemon is that it is very very flat.

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
A final evolution Fire/Poison type (starter?)

Detail:
It is completely covered in smog, with its Head, feet and (fiery) Tail being visible. It also has the ability to float around. (levitate)

It is also great for battling with the Levitate ability. Negating it's 4x weakness to ground. It then only has 3 weaknesses.

4x Weakness: - (ground)
2x Weakness:Water, Rock and Psychic.
Immune: None
2x Resistance: Fighting, Fire, Ice, Poison and Steel.
4x Resistance: Bug, Fairy and Grass

I really like to see a Pokémon like this! Even if it doesn't have levitate. I want my Fire/Poison type.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
We need more snake Pokémon. All of the snake Pokémon we've had so far have been the obvious Poison- or Grass-types. We ought to get a snake Pokémon for every type. My husband thought of an amazing way to make a Fighting-type snake Pokémon with a boxing glove on its tail. :p

Okay, this is kind of half a joke, but still. Imagine, say, an Electric snake (not an eel) or a Fire snake, or a Fairy snake, or a Steel snake. So many awesome possibilities.

Also, I love snakes.

PS: Snails for every type too. And cats. Maybe I should just make my own fakémon region that's nothing but snails, snakes, and cats in all of the various typing groups. No one would like it but me.

I love snakes and the Pokémon based on it but a snake for every type would most likely lead to a wish of a Dragon for every type and perhaps as evolutions for said snakes.

Since the games are to be Sun & Moon, then obviously, an (not Mega) evolution for Solrock and Lunatone! And I'm serious.

Last edited: