News Mythical Pokemon Collections

Tauros is from Jungle, not Base Set...

Anyway, this set is so stupid... uncomplete evolution lines... some cards are normal reprints, others have alternate art... no Spirit Links or FA for the Kanto megas...

I say with all the confidence I could plan a better set than this...

I want that lovely, lovely radiant collection. Nice new art on the rapidash, too. Too bad so many of the reprints didn't get new art...

Love the Zapdos, Articuno and Golem arts, but to be honest, nothing else really excites me. The random Meowistic and Leafeon confuses me too, and random Trainers, as otherwise everything else are Gen 1 stuff. Most of the prints are not competitively viable anyways. :/

I'm also sad to see no full art moltres. Guess I'll buy the Articuno and Zapdos. Set is a little disappointing though. Would have been nice to have only the Pokemon from gen 1 in it. Also no full art Vaporeon makes me said and will make my gold Pidgeot EX deck less pretty.

I really love the reprinted older cards and the new artwork given to the new cards! For those alone, this set is super awesome. <3 I only wish that all cards were done like this, or that the direct reprints were at least from older sets. Still, it's a pretty nice collection.

Why is everybody asking for a FA Moltres, if the last Moltres is from Next Destinies?? They just reprinted Articuno and Zapdos from Roaring Skies, there was no Moltres.

The new artworks are great! Look at that Rapidash, awesome! I also like the new M-Blastoise, but I really don't understand why they didn't include the freaking Spirit Links... what's wrong with you TPC??

This set is very disappointing. The only non-gen 1 pokemon in the main set are Leafeon and Meowstic, only thing I'm happy about really is the Wobbuffet Zubat/Golbat reprints (but no crobat?) Hopefully Crobat will be back in XY10 with the BREAK. I also like the art on the Zapdos/Articuno, though I kinda wish there was a Moltres bc OCD. I probably will pick up boxes just for the Keldeo and Genesect pins but I won't heavily invest in the packs, or I'll probably just sell them on to collectors

Not sure how many realize this (or were wondering), but the basic energy have reverse holo versions, which could be big for some people. (Not a surprise to anyone that watched the linked video, but still felt it worth pointing out.)

Also... Damn, I really like that Golem art. Rapidash is pretty good, too. Tauros using the Jungle art is somewhat jarring, but it works since XY Tauros is vaguely similar to the Jungle one. (Both their second attacks are based on how much damage Tauros has taken.)

Lack of Spirit Links is disappointing, but we already knew that was going to be the case, so I'm already over it. (I won't be shocked if Japan releases them as promos in some form at some point that make their way internationally eventually. At least for Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise. I feel like the remaining ones, Kangaskhan, Heracross, Blaziken, Swampert, Absol, Lucario, and Diancie, have no shot.)

That's a preety cool set, but im kinda disapointed: where is moltres FA? Where's mega charizard Y? And where are the freaking spirit links?!
They could've done so many awesome things that the didnt do. They could've created fullarts for the starters and their megas, with their trainers (Red, Blue And Green respectively) in the background, commanding them to attack, or in the megas case, mega evolving them. They could've appear in the spirit links!
Thy could've done all of these awesome things, and more, but they decided not to.
Well, at least mega charizard X is still beautiful.

The reason there is no Moltres is because... Well, there is no XY-era Moltres card. The last new, non-EX Moltres was back in Next Destinies. (Which got reprinted with new art in Legendary Treasures.) Moltres-EX isn't much newer, either (Plasma Storm). It's weird we didn't get a Moltres alongside Articuno/Zapdos (possibly because we got an Ancient Trait Articuno alongside the regular one?) in Roaring Skies, but eh. I'm sure it'll get its time in the sun.

This set isn't cool at all. I would have prefered the boxes to include only Pokekyun Collection rather than this.

No Spirit Links, straigh reprints, both this and alternative art being completely useless, a common card at least (Persian) turned into uncommon, two random pokemon that aren't from gen 1 forced to appear in the set, Full Art for useless pokémon (at least they could've done Ancient Trait Articuno instead of that one)...at least they didn't reprinted crobat!

I think I'll buy singles of Slowpoke and 2-3 more cards plus the Pokekyun ones, but I'm completely dissapointed.

Why would they just throw in that random Leafeon in there? Sure with Glaceon it would make sense. Why is it the card I want always gets forgotten about -_- I think this set is pretty pointless with all the reprints and stuff. I was really looking forward to collecting some Gen 1 reprints but there are hardly any of those making me wonder why is the set called Generations anyway? It's mostly XY stuff which I am sick of. Glaceon? Seriously the one card I have been waiting for since Next Destinies had a chance that was WASTED. I need to see this in a set but hey they can't just forget about it. I'm sure it will turn it in XY11 or have a promo box. They will do something for it. Anyway this set is dumb. I will probably buy all the boxes to get the pins and awesome promos but then buy singles of the cards I actually want online.

Dissapointed TCPi... What happened to you guys? You guys used to make really cool stuff now your a trainwreck. This set had SO MUCH POTENTIAL and you threw it away with a bunch of dumb, pointless, and unattractive random cards. I'm probably also dissapointed with the whole not full art thing for most of the EXs. A Leafeon full art alone would have made me hunt for it. But almost all the full arts look really bad. Look at all the Pokekyun ones they all look horrible. Then the Zapdos is not good in my opinion but I see some people seeing it as good (it's just not my taste). However the Articuno full art REPRINT looks good but I have a ton of them so this set is a huge disappointment overall. It could have made my year but it just made me lose hope for my FAVORITE POKEMON EVER (Glaceon) to get an EX and a chance for me to get some awesome cards I never was able to get. Thanks a lot TCPi...

Ok... Two things that I have to say.
One, why in the bloody hell didn't they make spirit links?
And two, why didn't they just make a tool card called a mega stone that works with all mega pokemon in the first place???

Ok... Two things that I have to say.
One, why in the bloody hell didn't they make spirit links?
And two, why didn't they just make a tool card called a mega stone that works with all mega pokemon in the first place???
Because TCPi makes the dumbest decisions ever. I totally agree with you but not on the Mega Stone thing. See Pokemon clearly likes to make it more challenging to up our game. So instead of making one Mega Stone which would be to easy they made spirit links. Yeah they really should have done it earlier though. THIS IS THEIR CHANCE TO FIX WHAT THEY DID IN XY1 AND XY2! TCPi is pretty stupid nowadays...

Look at that, they managed to put coin flips in all 6 Kanto starter EX. All while missing a golden opportunity to print their much sought after spirit links (which would have also padded the set to their benefit).

A Crobat reprint was never going to happen here, although I'm still wary of a XY reprint set containing the bat. I'm hoping there is no reprint set this time around, they have reprinted plenty without it.

This set is just a huge ugly lazy patchwork of junk. Behold guys, this is Generations, the set made to commemorate 20 years of Pokemon. I hope they see what they did wrong so that they never do it again.

Most of the set is underwhelimg, but I am excited for the EXs and FAs, and of course RC2. But I definitely won't feel bad getting a set of the boxes to keep MIB.

Back