Finally! 'Generations' Set Info!!

Saarebas

Aspiring Trainer
Even if it is just Gen 1 Pokemon, it doesn't really matter. This is the anniversary of Gen 1. It isn't Gen 1 Pandering, it's celebrating.

If you want something other than Gen 1, well look no further than the main sets instead of complaining about a pack celebrating the first generation having first generation Pokemon.

It's celebrated "20 years of Pokemon". Gen 1 was only the first three years. This is meant to celebrate ALL of Pokemon, not just Gen 1.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Even if it is just Gen 1 Pokemon, it doesn't really matter. This is the anniversary of Gen 1. It isn't Gen 1 Pandering, it's celebrating.

If you want something other than Gen 1, well look no further than the main sets instead of complaining about a pack celebrating the first generation having first generation Pokemon.
I'm more annoyed because it's called generations, with an S, and seems to only have a single generation in it.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
I'm more annoyed because it's called generations, with an S, and seems to only have a single generation in it.

Well if it's going full EX treatment in this set (if it does in fact include the Champion Pack stuff) then you have nothing to worry about.

However it still doesn't make it Gen 1 Pandering considering our next game is Red/Blue/Yellow's re-release. Even if it is Gen 1 Pokemon, the promos stretch out across each generation for the boxes so does it really matter all that much?

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
CHARIZARD SPIRIT LINKS ARE COMING time to buy Flashfire M Charizard EX's for those OHKO decks.

Peter's Lucario

Lucario BREAK
Nice. I'm going to have a whole bunch of these generations packs after buying multiple of each box, I want to grade each of the promos and some cards in the set.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I live for the artworks! They all look gorgeous, especially the Megas! 5Ban-Graphics did really well on these, and even though I'm not the biggest fan of Eske, they did a great job on these as well! Articuno looks great as well! I'll most certainly pick some of these up!

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
NOOO! They wasted a HUGE opportunity for the-best-energies-after-heartgold's-ones TT.TT

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
My wallet is already hurting from just thinking about this set.

I really hope there is an alternative to getting the boosters than the mythical Pokemon boxes. Otherwise I'm going to have a million Mew pins.

Videoland

Aspiring Trainer
Articuno is beautiful, I hope its a foil card :) Makes me excited to think what other pokémon might get FA cards, hopefully Arcanine, Moltres and Zapdos!

BlazeRedCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
HOLY CRAP!
M-venusaur is amazing, that articuno-reprint-fullart-thingy looks epic, and its immposibble not to fall in love with Mega-Zard-X. I cant wait to see more cards!

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
This news is so very pleasant! These generation sets really came as a surprise and I love them. Mythical Pokémon are among my favourites. Also I can't wait to play Jolteon EX, it looks like another very powerful promo, and it might be the best EX of this set.

And a grey/silver border line? man, this news day is getting better and better.

Videoland

Aspiring Trainer
The fact that Mega charizard X is a fire type kinda makes me wonder if Mega Charizard Y is gonna be in the set at all? Will we have two M Charizard with the same type? Would be kinda epic if it was normal type to go with its flying type :)

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
The articuno looks nice. I also like that it's going to be a textured full art.

The way the art is done on the mythical promos prove they're not going to be textured, but I don't mind because they look like they might be a puzzle

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
So, now, my biggest question- will we still not be able to buy these packs outside of the collection boxes?

Because I only need 1 Mew promo, not like 15, and $6 is steep for just one pack.
no, but there's like 15 different boxes with Generations packs in them so you probably won't double up much.

Also, when I think a box or blister is expensive I usually find a way to divvy it up so it's cheaper. EG the Mega Rayquaza box costs about $35 here so I went right, packs are $6 each, which means the promo and code card might be about $4 all up and the figure is $5. So with this one, in the US packs are about $4 each, your box costs $12 so the promo and pin are worth about $2 each. If you get extras a lot of people buy just the pins outside the box because they collect them so you can always just put the promos and pin on an online store and get your $4 back from each box

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
When are we going to get an update 3, 4 and 5?

They missed something with those basic energy card prints. No energy cards have so far beaten HGSS series of basic energy cards in my opinion.