Pokemon Pokemon to Run Ad During Super Bowl!

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
I actually think it was time for Nintendo/Pokemon Company/Game Freak to take advantage of the humongous franchise and legacy they've created. I'm undeniably pleased with their clever investments and moves.

As a fan, I'm ecstatic my favourite company is doing great and is expanding :) Which means more quality/quantity products for the future. (*cough Amiibo/Pokken)

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
It'll probably be one of those "through the years" types of commercials, showing the evolution of Pokemon throughout the past 20 years.

Mortal_Zachary

I am... Durant-Man!
It'll probably be one of those "through the years" types of commercials, showing the evolution of Pokemon throughout the past 20 years.

"And now to introducing Pokèmon Z/Xz Yz / Zx Zy ect"

I could see this happening. A new game announced during the Super Bowl.

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
I'm probably going to cry literal tears of joy when it is first aired. A 20th Anniversary Pokemon ad during Super Bowl 50?! I can see it now...

A 1 minute long, nostalgic through the years montage featuring epic battles and iconic moments from the anime and all the games. And at the last 10 seconds...

"Pokemon Z (or whatever the title will be). Coming Fall 2016."

That would be the perfect Super Bowl ad in my book. Step aside Mean Joe Green and Budweiser Clydesdales! It's Pokemon's time to shine!

(But if they don't announce anything, that's ok, it'll still be epic.)

Last edited:

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
A 20th anniversary ad would be interesting to rekindle the Poke-flame inside of 110+ million people (that's kind of insane... that's ~1/3 of the population of the United States). As a fan, I would probably cry.

I would especially cry if they revealed "Pokemon Z," Gen 7, or more details on Pokemon GO.

Anyone buying ad time on the Superbowl knows that it's not enough just to air your ad for those 30 seconds. You want your ad to be news for as long as possible.

Pokemon is a marketing machine, they must know this. A simple ad for the 20th anniversary, no matter how tear-jerking it is, is not going to make news on it's own. Reveals of "Z" or Gen 7 would cause huge ripples in the fanbase for a while.

A flashy Pokemon GO insert coupled with new information, on the other hand, would appeal to everyone who has been with Pokemon since 1996; whether they are currently 4 or 40 years old. It would be especially favourable for them to release the ad then a press release a few days later to keep them in the news as much as possible.

That being said, Pokemon does do weird things sometimes. If they manage to simultaneously evoke nostalgia in former fans and excitement in newer ones; even if they don't stay in the news they may have a shot at finding a place in the American consumer consciousness... at least until the next ad plays.

If it helps widen the fanbase, though, I'm all for it.

_____

Edit: I also just want to say that the slogan "Train on" is kinda weird to me and doesn't really roll off the tongue. I don't really like it tbh

Last edited:

Pangoro#1999

Fear the bear
Superbowl happens overnight here. I'll see whats potentially revealed next morning. Lets hope it Pokemon XYZ,Z,Zsomewhat. pls pokemon pls.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I am thinking a Pokemon Go advertisement, as the game honestly is targeted at a different community.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
It's hopefully going to be a good gamble for Nintendo to air a Pokemon ad during the Super Bowl. They'll probably need to make sure it's aired effectively and at a good time to get all their main demographics down pat.

Of course, they can try to roll the dice and try to get other demographics intrigued; but we'll have to wait and see.

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
I'm going to go off a limb and probably a crazy idea

The ad will feature...

Pokemon

I know, it's a huge surprise:D

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
There is only one specific Pokemon title that makes sense to be advertised on as big a stage as the Super Bowl... Pokemon GO. You don't need to own a single Nintendo product to play, just a smartphone. All you need to do is download it from whichever appstore you use. When it comes to apps, you want awareness. A Pokemon GO Super Bowl ad is a brilliant idea.

Celever

Wheeeee~
Pokémon GO is the only game which will make sense and honestly it would be a super poor decision to spend so much bank on a Nintendo 3DS game. However, not releasing anything new in the ad will just make it get lost in all the other adverts. I personally don't think that Game Freak are going to see a return on this, because if it's Z the reveal would get just as much publicity in the appropriate demographics and if it's GO then it won't get enough publicity.

It should still be super nostalgic, though.

JimtendoPower

Lysandre's Trump Bidoof
I bet it's going to be a Pokemon GO type ad because it is kind of there "big" thing this year. At the end of the commercial...

Pokemon GO...Available Now.

thewileycoyote

Aspiring Trainer
I bet it's going to be a Pokemon GO type ad because it is kind of there "big" thing this year. At the end of the commercial...

Pokemon GO...Available Now.

I agree with many posts here Pokemon Go. Also, since people will be wandering around finding Pokemon they can include shots of so many other products. For example get Charizard when you visit the Mega Tokyo Pokemon Center, just advertised the whole Pokemon Center concept to people. Go to Akiharbara and get Gengar, while walking past a storefront of all Nintendo products. Even just stop by a table on the street with some people playing the Pokemon TCG and ask for some information. They can make a fun informative ad for Pokemon GO and if they want they could softly cross promote many other products as well. Of course they could just advertise Pokemon GO as well. Let them get a foothold in the Mobile market really quickly.

JimtendoPower

Lysandre's Trump Bidoof
I agree with many posts here Pokemon Go. Also, since people will be wandering around finding Pokemon they can include shots of so many other products. For example get Charizard when you visit the Mega Tokyo Pokemon Center, just advertised the whole Pokemon Center concept to people. Go to Akiharbara and get Gengar, while walking past a storefront of all Nintendo products. Even just stop by a table on the street with some people playing the Pokemon TCG and ask for some information. They can make a fun informative ad for Pokemon GO and if they want they could softly cross promote many other products as well. Of course they could just advertise Pokemon GO as well. Let them get a foothold in the Mobile market really quickly.
Yeah, just like other events... JAPAN GETS IT ALL! But, I think Pokemon GO will actually have Pokemon placed randomly around your area. If Nintendo decides if they want to have certain "special" Pokemon they should at least put them at certain locations that everyone might be able to get to. For example, instead of a CHARIZARD IN TOKYO, why not a Florges in a local flower shop.