Original Script for Third Pokemon Movie Involved a T-Rex

JiJi-T

ID [ Dream ] We all are living in a dream!
I already clicked on your link at your twitter :p So I read the story.

It would have been cool, but too complicated... and Pokémon is already complicated xD

Celty

Somebody you used to know
That sounds like it would've been a really interesting movie *^* still like how they ended up doing it though. I'm going to buy that blue ray, the first three movies are my favourite, the later movies... didn't really do it for me. =x

postmodern_pinko

So postmodern
at first I was certain that this would lead to one of your tweets about not trusting bad journalism or something similar. because this is frankly unbelievable lmaooo.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I have a crossover series where Pokemon and real world animals exist. In this world, 'Pokemon' are just normal animals with powers and abilities.

precita

Aspiring Trainer
Its a shame Shudo lost control of the anime during Johto. That's why Johto turned into a repetitive filler-fest and the show lost its charm from the first two seasons.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Dogasu always has some fascinating Pokémon anime/movie information come up, and this update is no exception :)

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
Yeah, I absolutely lost interest once the Hoenn anime started, I tried picking it back up in B/W and XY but ultimately I just couldnt do it.

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
The way I see it, everything is a Pokemon in the Pokemon world, even humans. This film would have changed a lot, not exactly for the worse, but they would have had to keep the idea in mind when making all post-Pokemon Movie 3 Pokemon lore. It sure would have been interesting, but I'm glad they decided against the idea.

precita

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I absolutely lost interest once the Hoenn anime started, I tried picking it back up in B/W and XY but ultimately I just couldnt do it.

The anime has always run with the same formula, but I guess you've just outgrown the show?

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
I am sympathetic towards Takeshi Shudo. Tyrannosaurus rex was and is (also when you consider Tyrantrum) way more menacing than anything Entei or Unown could have produced. Despite its first appearance in the anime being intertwined with prehistoric Pokémon, there actually could have had a Charizard vs Tyrannosaurus Rex fight exist... :(

For an animal that wouldn't be a Pokémon to have logically be capable to coexist in tamed harmony via Pokémon training does counter against Takeshi's story of an alternate evolutionary theory to Darwin's evolution by natural selection, something that generally seen oppositely towards Pokemon's more strategic basis concerning growth and maturity. In an ideal solution the former form of evolution in topic was most likely to be a plothole for Prof. Oak to have researched upon about how these creatures lived and died the way they are.

I find his influence as to how this idea came about indeed fascinating. Knowing how much Pokémon has seemed taken fancy the resurrection of fossils as a main core since the beginning really surprises me how much they have referred from my understanding to similar concepts found in the Jurassic Park franchise. Surely Shudou Takeshi undoubtedly must had been inspired by it at the time, let alone Satoshi Tajiri with his naturalist interest of collecting insects. For me, even when I first read the Mewtwo pokedex entry on the games and Base set holo (10/102) before the first movie came out, "A scientist created this Pokémon after years of horrific gene-splicing and DNA engineering experiments.", it immediately made me think of the science behind Jurassic Park's creation of gene modification. Even now, Jurassic World seems to have made this origin seem imminent when it decided to make a 'Mewtwo' direction of itself with the superpredator Indominus rex.

If this 3rd movie was planned before the Japanese release of Gold & Silver Version (circa 1997/1998), it could potentially had been Nintendo's form of appropriate marketing into the dinosaur lore of the late 1990's happening with The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997). As that films main premise is about transporting what are now described as valuable living fossils to be made a cultural phenomenon onto the normal human world. It becomes more apparent as a reference when you notice what was intended with this 3rd films original synopsis.

Now having read the link in the description from what it seems, I'm surprised that the first movie was more successful than the second, that is if I read that correctly. Because I find that to be rather absurd.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
You know, if he is correct about real-world animals no longer existing in the Pokemon world (keep in mind this interview was a long time ago, and doesn't necessarily still reflect Pokemon's viewpoint), I guess this confirms that all the meat shown in the anime is indeed from Pokemon. (Or synthetic, but I find that doubtful.)

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
If this is true then I doubt the T. Rex would be able to defeat even a Pikachu... The T. Rex would not have any ability so it would probably get killed if it were to enter the PokeWorld. Maybe that is why there isn't any animals in pokemon?