Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

If Pokemon wants to make Special Condition abuse a viable strategy, there needs to be easier ways to inflict them. Bring back Sleep!

Seeing as in Emerald the average hp was 50, I honestly don't care about it. Also 50 hp is normally the amount pokemon get if it ain't 60 when their able to evolve. They also still get one shotted in this format anyway, so who cares? I really do like the art, they are doing a great job with this set art-wise. Playability can just be dumped down the drain in some cases.

The Durant in the foreground really looks like he's plotting something evil.

Sounds like there could be rise of semi-offensive mill decks with things like Dugtrio XY powering up mill while potentially taking prizes.

Because they revealed a bunch of water stuff (manaphy and the others in that article) for mega gyarados which is also water, I am predicting that mega scizor will probably be gras type since they are revealing some grass stuff now too. Anyone else think this too?

Because they revealed a bunch of water stuff (manaphy and the others in that article) for mega gyarados which is also water, I am predicting that mega scizor will probably be gras type since they are revealing some grass stuff now too. Anyone else think this too?
Hope it will be playable and Metal type... Aggron is pretty unplayable (or, at least, underplayed), while grass has M-Sceptile... let's give Metal a good mega!

And this Durant is pretty interesting!

Hope it will be playable and Metal type... Aggron is pretty unplayable (or, at least, underplayed), while grass has M-Sceptile... let's give Metal a good mega!

And this Durant is pretty interesting!

I'd very much disagree that M/ Aggron is unplayable. Sure, it takes a lot of setup but in a test deck I made running it you'd be surprised how many times as soon as it's set up it can take the game for you. I don't have any more than personal experience to back up this though.

It would certainly follow the pattern, but I also would prefer to see Mega Scizor as a Metal-type... Specially because sets don't usually have a lot of Metal-type cards, last set only had 2 Metal-types out of 164 cards...

The Durant in the foreground really looks like he's plotting something evil.

He's planning the deck out of their opponent's deck, obviously...

Last edited:
Ooh! A card that actually excites me, I've wanted to create a mill deck for a while and this card looks like it has some potential.
Still waiting on my Joey Supporter to be revealed :)

Back